» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: Digital Movie Collection; How does it hold up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

So, by now, most people have seen the ads for the new Mega-Ultra HD Remastered Reimagined Rereleased Director's Cut HD Collecter's Edition Collection.

Does anyone have hands on it? How does this version hold up because I am actually interested in getting them on Xbox Live.

View user profile
Wait how many versions of Star Wars are we up too now?.....

View user profile
Lessee... originals of course, then the special editions (the initial remastering, my personal favorite), then the DVD version, then the Bluray version, and now the digital version (though I'm told, cannot speak personally, that the digital is just a copy of one of the above).

Y'know the funny part is we only have one edition of Episodes 1 through 3. lol.

I can't justify throwing more money on any new versions of Star Wars at this point.

View user profile
Metopholus wrote:I know of this digital version mainly due to the obnoxious ads plastered all over my xbox dashboard.

I can't justify throwing more money on any new versions of Star Wars at this point.

And why are they so steeply priced at that?

It's like ebooks costing more than the physical releases. Makes little sense to me.

View user profile
I would just like to point out:
There's also the THX audio remastered LaserDisc and VHS Original Trilogy (circa 1993 iirc)

Razz

View user profile
Ah Lurker is (as ever) correct. I tend to forget about the LaserDisc version (don't even know anyone who owned that one).

Didn't the Betamax also end up getting Star Wars at some point or another? Surprised they didn't also put out an HD-DVD version, considering their obsession with putting Star Wars on every conceivable media format in the universe.

View user profile
My dad used to think LaserDisc was going to be the next big thing. That belief was quickly destroyed once dvds debuted years later. Needless to say my dad owned the trilogy on LaserDisc. Now that I think about it, that might have been how I first watched Star Wars.

Funny thing is, the LaserDisc version is the best version of the unaltered trilogy since it was never released on DVD.

View user profile
Actually, the 2-disc widescreen editions that I have has the original theatrical cuts on the bonus disc.

View user profile
I honestly would not be surprised if another edition was released just prior to the premiere for SWVII. If not a completely new edition there will at least be plenty of copies that start showing up in stores for a while.

View user profile
theshadowcouncil wrote:Actually, the 2-disc widescreen editions that I have has the original theatrical cuts on the bonus disc.

Which were ripped from the LaserDisc source.

View user profile
NOTE: Somewhat crappy film quality completes the aesthetic of the Original Trilogy. To make them super-duper-sleek-high-definition is to sterilize much of the atmosphere.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum