» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paradox Buys White Wolf, World of Darkness, Vampire the Masquerade From CCP +Obsidian Involvement

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PC Gamer Article

Obsidian Connection

Happy F****** Halloween! To tired to post more right now.

View user profile
Can't say I'm familiar with the intellectual properties. The Obsidian part caught my eye though. Interested to see where this goes.

View user profile
It's probably for the best. It's not like CCP really did anything with the licence anyway. I'm not a World of Darkness fan or anything (old or new) but I hope the people who are get a better series of games out of it.

View user profile
Vampire Bloodlines was really a hidden gem a 2nd one would be amazing, other then that I don't really know would nice to see Obsidian do something with it tho they always been good at taking what someone else started and making it better.

View user profile
What this says to me, is that should they accept the contract, they will be given the opportunity with a very well-established roleplaying-centric IP to try their hand at mature-focused themes running the line of darker lifestyles and the dynamics between such monstrous characters and how they manipulate, interact with or even attempt to mimic humanity. There are an incredible wealth of narrative opportunities for a project with less stringent limits on adult themes and content, without having to resort to unintelligent smut / schlock. I'm not going to predict so early that it will be a success, but I would be lying if I were to suggest I wasn't incredibly intrigued to see what Obsidian is capable of producing under such circumstances. Most assuredly this will be one of Obsidian's few M-rated titles.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum