» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gaming war stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Gaming war stories on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:02 am

We all have them. Moments or experiences in our gaming history that just stand out in our minds. It can be either single player or multiplayer, humorous or serious, anything that you still remember doing in a game that still sticks out in your mind. I love hearing about those kinds of experiences people have in games.

For me, I still remember one of the first times I played a Silver match in Mass Effect multiplayer. I remember I was so nervous because in my head I had built it up to being something so difficult. And, at first it was. Then I wound up in a match on Firebase Hydra with a group of random squad mates as a basic human soldier. The match started off really poorly, and none of us were really doing all that well. I figured the match would wipe by wave 5, but during wave three it got to a point where it was just me and a Turian team mate left.

And somehow, the two of us just clicked. no voice as no one was using a mic in that match, but it was just one of those instances where We just kind of started acting in concert without even really thinking about it. We finished that wave, then went on to get to wave 9 with every wave ending up with just me and my Turian buddy soloing after the other two players died each wave. We covered each other as we retreated around the map from position to position, completely on the same page, never really thinking about anything as we were just somehow anticipating each others moves as well as if we were talking.

We both went down for good on wave 9 within seconds of each other finally. It was a loss, and I had to leave so I never saw that Turian again. But I didn't care about the loss. I enjoyed the chemistry the two of us had in that match so much against all odds that it honestly felt kind of right that we went down together. It is so rare to find someone in a multiplayer match like that where everything just clicks, and it just felt epic the whole time. Those kinds of moments where complete strangers just mesh like that are so rare that when they happen, it leaves a mark. To this day I raise my glass occasionally to my unknown Turian comrade in arms when I find myself on Firebase Hydra.

So what about you guys? There has to be some stories out there worth recounting.

View user profile

2 Re: Gaming war stories on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:20 am

I don't know if it counts as a war story - and I don't even remember it that clearly - but I guess I'll tell it. Guild Wars is the only MMO that I've really played. I've tried out others like World of Warcraft but it's only Guild Wars that I've sunk a huge time in. The original, I mean.

Anyway, I was going for the title that you get for completing all 25 missions, along with their bonus objectives, in Prophecies. Dunes of Despair was the only one that was left because that one is so incredibly hard to pull off because it's a timed mission, and while you're defending one location for 5 minutes, you have to leave it for about 3 minutes to slay some enemies in a different location. That requires impeccable team work and I wasn't part of any guild - I only had one friend with me, but the others were all strangers.

After a good number of tries, though, I actually pulled it off through the skin of my teeth, and it was thanks to the fact that a couple of guys helped me out even if they didn't care about the title I was going for. It felt really satisfying when I was done and I remember how psyched I was that I may actually complete the bonus objective this time around, and did the best I could.

I'll also never forget the first time I beat Final Fantasy X. The final boss of the game was destroying me (not technically the last boss, but the last real boss in the last dungeon) and I only barely managed to beat him with all of my party dead except for freaking Auron, who was down to a minimum amount of HP. And even he was just about to die if he didn't crit the boss with just enough damage to finally kill him. It was such an awesome feeling when that happened. Very Happy That, and I think Auron deserved to be the one to beat the boss, so it felt appropriate.

View user profile

3 Re: Gaming war stories on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:54 am

Yeah I love it when that type of stuff happens.  

Last edited by 789TheN00B on Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

4 Re: Gaming war stories on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:01 am

Not sure its really a "war story" but back when SC2 was pretty new I was taking 1v1 ranked play really serious got into diamond league(they never had masters back then) ended up playing vs Huk(now a pro player(not sure if he still players)) got crushed in like 10mins Razz

View user profile

5 Re: Gaming war stories on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:32 am

Hahaha okay so this isn't a "war story" as much as it is a "what the hell was I thinking?!" story!

I'm playing WoW, still a total newb, no idea what the hell was going on, didn't know where all the zones were, didn't know what I was supposed to be doing, was just kind of exploring, okay?

So I'm a lvl 24 BE hunter derping my way through Ashenvale, heading, idek where, and I had NO idea that I was right on the edge on a what, what is Felwood, a 45-55 zone?? Something like that??? Anyways, I'm happily running along, and go off-road. Enter into Felwood without realizing it. I don't know how far in I got before I died, but I died. I wasn't TOTALLY helpless but it was a 10 second fight with one of the tree things? And I die. And I get back to my corpse, rez, make it something like 20 feet? 30 feet? Die again!!

This is when I discovered corpse dragging, folks! Get to the very edge of the rez radius, rez, run, die, get back to the edge, rez, run, die, FOR TWO HOURS!!!!! I spent almost two hours trying to get out of Felwood because I didn't know where I was or what I was doing and it was only later when I had a quest out there that I realized what I had done!!!

(Oh yeah, that's not to mention the drowning bit, because 3 times I was attacked while I was crossing the river! Ack!)

Now really, I'm trying to figure out how I got in far enough without getting hit by mobs that it took me so long to get back out, but I almost gave up on WoW that day hahahaha!!!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum