» Bound by the Past
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 6-1069
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Star Trek Series Under Developement

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Star Trek Series Under Developement on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:40 pm

Den of Geek wrote:It looks like Star Trek may finally be returning to its natural home, the small screen. Plus: another film is due in 2019.

The Hollywood Reporter has broken the news that Alex Kurtzman - who co-wrote Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness with Roberto Orci - is developing a new TV series based on Trek. A formal announcement is reportedly imminent. Orci does not appear to be involved, at least as far as we know.

CBS is to be the home of the new series, and the hunt is now underway for a new writer to help steer the new Star Trek. The idea would be to launch the TV series at some point in 2016, which is the 50th anniversary year for the show.

This would also ride on the coattails of the new film, Star Trek Beyond, which is due in cinemas in July 2016.

It's unclear at this stage if the new TV show would be a cable show or on a streaming service.

No further details have been revealed thus far, although the article also notes that a new Star Trek film has been pencilled in for 2019 as well.

More as we hear it...

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/star-trek/37600/star-trek-new-tv-series-under-development#ixzz3qLwQ4qsO
That is some good and bad news.

View user profile

2 Re: New Star Trek Series Under Developement on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:47 pm

View user profile

3 Re: New Star Trek Series Under Developement on Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:48 pm

I'm actually really happy right now.

View user profile

4 Re: New Star Trek Series Under Developement on Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:34 pm

I sincerely hope it turns out well even if Kurtzman's involvement gives me pause. Fingers crossed and all that.

View user profile

5 Re: New Star Trek Series Under Developement on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:45 am

To be perfectly honest, I think we're all being far too pessimistic, especially with Alex Kurtzman's name attached. I've been following Hawaii Five-0 and Scorpion for a while now and they are actually quite good. I think part of it is because Orci and Kurtzman have finally found their strength. They aren't good at writing (in other news, ice is cold), but I think they've shown, both with the Trek films and on television, that they do know how to get talented people together to make a good and successful show.

View user profile http://night-forager.deviantart.com/

6 Re: New Star Trek Series Under Developement on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:54 am

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View user profile

7 Re: New Star Trek Series Under Developement on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:54 pm

I am stoked for the new series. I like the new movies but I have to admit I am miffed by the alternate timeline they have created in them...

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum