Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Turn 11-1069
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am by Onyx Aurelius

» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Judge the previous game, then introduce your own.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I thought it would be good to try and get some feedback about games you enjoy that other people might not know a lot about. Hopefully it's not too similar to other threads. Just for conversation's sake. Be as light or in depth on review as needed. Looking forward to reading other people's choices!

This is a relatively recent game I like, but might be in the minority:

I enjoyed Alan Wake a lot and was dissapointed that it will not be getting a follow up. I don't think the story is particularly groundbreaking and I could see why it's not for everybody. The concept and cliffhanger were pretty good imo and it the story/gameplay flowed together well. The gameplay was decent with Interesting scenarios, boss battles, enemies and collectibles. Some thrilling survival scenarios and "thriller" survival horror.

Very minor spoilers, no specifics.

[SPOILERS]
Spoilers:
Overall I enjoyed piecing together the mystery of the game together, myself and via other people's analysis. Had great fun trying to find meaning in the imagery used in the game and the cliffhanger. After defeating the last enemy we achieved what we set out to achieve, but also unsure what price we ultimately paid to achieve it. There is even confusion about what we are experiencing is or was reality, which made therory crafting quite interesting. Overall, maybe not a story you've never experienced before in one form or another, but also not a lazy rehash and executed well.
[/SPOILERS]

View user profile
For crying out loud! Spoiler tag fail.

View user profile
... And just notice the other nearly identical thread. ABORT!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum