» Bound by the Past
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 6-1069
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine) on Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:54 am

Well that's not true I actually kind of like it a lot.

The problem is that there is to much "Go here, shoot this, collect that" than "Have some meaningful character interactions here and some over there." To add insult to injury the game doesn't even let you be the bad guy most of the time and railroads me more than Arch in the Fallout: New Vegas playthrough.

View user profile

2 Re: I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine) on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:50 am

The lack of bad guy choices is pretty notable, but on the other hand those kind of decisions in Fallout 3 were evil to the point of being cartoony so I don't miss them that much in F4.

View user profile

3 Re: I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine) on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:40 am

I like the game but I don't find my self playing it all that often and I can't really put a finger on why, I have the free time atm.

View user profile

4 Re: I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine) on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:41 pm

ZeroCool wrote:I like the game but I don't find my self playing it all that often and I can't really put a finger on why, I have the free time atm.

I find myself in the same situation. I almost spent more time watching Arch stream this game then playing it myself. I love playing it, but i don't want to start up the game. I am conflicted on the new pc. I don't mind them having a background/voice and the dialogue wheel, but its not what i want in a Bethesda game. Well here is hoping i'll get through it and i'll change my mind abit.

View user profile

5 Re: I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine) on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:46 am

I like the voiced player, however I dislike the lack of dialog choices, I like boston but at the same time I miss the capital wasteland it felt more.... fallout. Maybe its just lack of mods at the moment but you hit it exactly I love playing it but I just don't ever get that urge to start it up....

View user profile

6 Re: I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine) on Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:59 am

Maybe, i found this though

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D1235%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Long live long links. Its a mod that shows exactly what you are going to say when picking an option in the dialogue wheel. It saved me!

View user profile

7 Re: I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine) on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:53 pm

Am I one of those strange people that are having little to no problems with Fallout 4 and just enjoying it for what it is? Oh well.

I'll be using the mod from Akrabra's hugeass link tho, having more informed decisions is always a huge plus.

View user profile

8 Re: I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine) on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:05 pm

Fallout 4 was exactly what I thought it would be a launch. If it truly want's to be a great game like Morrowind, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 it needs great Bethesda DLC. If it gets that it'll be in my Hall of Games.

View user profile

9 Re: I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine) on Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:21 pm

After upping the 3rd person field of view and turning the brightness down on my monitor(drives me crazy as I have to reset it after I finish playing) I am actually enjoying it a lot more its amazing how a few very simple tweaks can improve your enjoyment so much. only thing I actually dislike right now is the game is a little easy for me and if I turn up the difficulty the enemies just become bullet sponges and I already see a few that handle that but I like to run through the game without mods at least once.

View user profile

10 Re: I Don't like Fallout 4 (and Palpatine) on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:51 am

After rerolling to a melee character and starting fresh with the mod i linked earlier today, i actually had alot more fun. Going full out power armor this time, so far its working pretty well.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum