Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Yesterday at 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

View of the Time Machine

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 View of the Time Machine on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:07 am

I've been to this year's PT Comic Con yesterday. Took a few pictures of the DeLorean DMC12 prop from BTTF they had over, to promote some cable channel or something.

They switched out the license plates, to promote the channel. Dick move, but the car is the real thing.

You all know what that is

I feel like an absolute moron for not having taken a clear shot of the signatures, but i didn't have a whole lot of time to marvel.

Fortunately, i did get a good shot of some of the dashboard. You can clearly read Alan Silvestri's name next to the Time Circuits.

Came back during lunch hour and took a few more.

I'll post video as soon as i get it re-encoded and uploaded. I'd rather not use Youtube, but i don't know many alternatives.

View user profile

2 Re: View of the Time Machine on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:13 am

View user profile

3 Re: View of the Time Machine on Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:24 pm

That is so cool K. I remember when I saw it at Universal Studios in Los Angeles. The first thing I did was kick the tires which made the security guard laugh.

So, what other cool stuff did you see?

View user profile

4 Re: View of the Time Machine on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:10 pm

I actually filmed a 1/1 (i think) model of a TIE Fighter, saw some cool cosplays, including a Darth Maul, some Stormtroopers and filmed this lady walking on leg extensions that stood her at least twice as tall as as everyone else around her. But i spent most of the time manning a table at the Indie section, so i couldn't walk around and marvel a whole lot. Also, friday was the slow day. Today and tomorrow are sure to be much more crowded, but yesterday was the only day i went.

I'm not all that sorry about that, and not just for the price (i got free entry on account of being an Indie, but only two people per team are allowed, and the transportation fares alone will burn a hole through your wallet, far worse than the ticket), a Con isn't nearly as much fun when you're there on the job. You have to stand there all day, doing public relations (something i'm terrible at).

One day, i'd like to go as just a visitor and enjoy stuff all day, but for now it's mostly lunch break and the occasional moment your teammate will hold the fort so you can stretch your legs and walk around for a few minutes.

But yeah, it was quite something. There was another event about a few months back in Lisbon that had a lot of geek activity as well, then another a few days later that marked the first time i ever saw cosplay at a University, but there's something about Comic-con that just goes the extra mile.

View user profile

5 Re: View of the Time Machine on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Yeah definitely. Nothing draws out the cosplayers like a con, especially a larger one.

View user profile

6 Re: View of the Time Machine on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:04 pm

This just became one of my favorite discussion forum threads ever!

EDIT: props to the op for those awesome pics.

View user profile

7 Re: View of the Time Machine on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:43 am

Fun fact: I opened this thinking it was related to the novel by HG Wells.

Fun second fact: As much as I love 'The Time Machine' by HG Wells I was even more exited when I saw HD pics of that Delorean.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum