Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Yesterday at 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion *MAJOR SPOILERS!*

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Well, either Luke still has the green one, or it got blown up with everything else on the second Death Star. Not really sure where else it could have possibly gone...

View user profile
He also could have left it behind when everything went to hell with the Knights of Ren. Originally I thought that that's how Rey got it.. But since it's Luke's first saber that Rey actually found, he's probably still carrying the green one with him.

View user profile
don't really got much to add to what has been said, but I just want to say I really enjoyed this movie was expecting a good movie and it exceeded my expectations.

View user profile
I don't mean to fuel the HOYPE train, but I'm fueling the HOYPE train.

J.J. ABRAMS recently read the script for Episode VIII of Star Wars. And he had a reaction to it that his lifelong friend, “The Force Awakens” actor Greg Grunberg, had not ever heard from the director over their decades together in the industry.

“He read it and said something he never, ever says,” Grunberg, who plays pilot Snap Wexley in the new film, tells The Post’s Comic Riffs. “He said: ‘It’s so good, I wish I were making it.’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2015/12/22/why-j-j-abrams-now-regrets-deboarding-the-star-wars-chair-before-episode-viii/?tid=sm_tw

View user profile
HOYPE

View user profile
I am a bit mixed. Honestly, I did enjoy the movie and it's one of my favorites of the year. It was a fun ride overall.

The problem I have though...is that Kylo Ren turned from a potentially interesting villain into pure garbage. I'm sorry, Darth Maul was a more interesting villain than this loser. And he had like 3 lines in the Phantom Menace. This guy sucked on every level. I don't even care it was intentional. Just a whiny and petulant child. How do you even salvage this guy now? This guy isn't going to get 20 years to work himself up to a badass. He's got...like maybe 2 or 3? Good luck to the writing staff for episode 8 in making him anything but the Team Rocket of Star Wars.

Despite the fact it was a blatant re-tread of episode 4 (have some courage to branch out guys), they did a nice job. While Rey is risking being a bit too perfect, she is a nice enough character. Finn is pretty fun to have along and kind of hope they can make him a real badass in his own right. The pilot guy (whatever his name was) hopefully can get more scenes in the sequel. Pretty good guy and definitely has skills.

There are issues with the movie, but when watching it you don't think about most of them. The attack at the end when you think about it was stupid. This isn't the precision trench run from episode 4. It's a massive target. You don't need little fighters here, you need capital ships that can nuke that thing from orbit. You need firepower! But at the time it's fine. You can buy that they are just going nuts at this thing and fighting a great little battle.

A lot of nice moments. It was a fun movie and could lead into some interesting stuff. Though it does have a lot of big questions hanging. The political structure right now is completely unknown as well as what Luke was even thinking here. It isn't like Yoda or Obi Wan when they needed to hide because Vader and the Emperor would massacre them if they didn't. He screwed up in training and so just hides while Kylo goes around killing people and his friends are in danger? Also potentially having abandoned his daughter on a desert planet?

This was certainly better than episode 1 or 2. So at least they are on a good track here. Here's hoping they can build off this.

View user profile http://www.anime-evo.net
I have my own little theory about Rey that I might as well post here. What if Rey wasn't on Jakku her whole life(or most of it) what if her memories on Jakku are mostly made up and she was a fully trained Jedi about to turn to the dark side and Luke wiped/changed her memory like Reven's was and then he left her on Jakku, it would explain why she was so powerfull at the end of the movie, still I doubt that is what they will actually do and she will just turn out to be Luke's daughter and a bit of a merry sue.

View user profile
ZeroCool wrote:I have my own little theory about Rey that I might as well post here. What if Rey wasn't on Jakku her whole life(or most of it) what if her memories on Jakku are mostly made up and she was a fully trained Jedi about to turn to the dark side and Luke wiped/changed her memory like Reven's was and then he left her on Jakku, it would explain why she was so powerfull at the end of the movie, still I doubt that is what they will actually do and she will just turn out to be Luke's daughter and a bit of a merry sue.

That's not bad. I think she was left to that parts dealer who hands out food -- I could be wrong about that. If that's the case that could explain why he's a scumbag to her instead of some parent figure.

I went a saw the movie for a third time, and I'm still picking up things I missed. One small thing I noticed that I thought was an interesting character insight: when Rey gets off the Falcon she says something like "I never knew so much green existed in the galaxy." I suddenly thought back to the scene where she's eating those green things. That's likely some of the only green she ever sees. I doubt that isn't just a coincidence and the crew purposely put a little detail like that in the film.

I also noticed that even the hand grips on the Falcon's gunner seat were significantly scratched and worn.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum