Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

StarCraft 2: Redux

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 StarCraft 2: Redux on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Hello again everybody. It's me again, and before anybody begins to worry, no I'm not here to continue complaining against StarCraft 2.

After some thinking, I've decided I'd use my frustration for StarCraft 2, into doing something creative.

Several people, including Arch at one point, had suggested I make my own custom StarCraft 2 campaign using the Map Editor, and for about a month now I've been doing just that.

For anybody who has seen that post I made last year about what I thought StarCraft 2's story arch should have been, you already know the gist of it. However I did go back, and started planning out the finer details, and as of the time of this post, I've created all the mission maps for my Heart of the Swarm chapter, and am working on the script for the 11th mission.

However, I am completely inept when it comes to programming and the map editor is no exception. So what I'm looking for now, is somebody who knows the basics of the editor, who'd be willing to either walk me through it, explain what It's capable of doing, or be willing to do paid work to make this happen.

I'd also like suggestions for making a better written script, once I've started posting that up.

I'll be posting anything that I've worked on or will be working on here for everybody to see and comment on if they like.

I'm not under any illusion that I'll get this done, but StarCraft is something near and dear to my heart that I'm willing to go as far as I can with this to make it work.

So here's the story outline I've got currently.

Heart of the Swarm:
Set one year after the events of Brood War, Kerrigan has kept herself on Char rebuilding the Swarm.

Mission 01 - After a Dominion/Umojan Protectorate force attempt to assassinate Kerrigan. The Cerebrate (Abathur, portrait as Blightbringer) Zagara and the Broodmother (Player) must defend Kerrigans orbital platform fortress.

Mission 02 - After successfully defending Kerrigans fortress, the Broodmother is sent to deal with a strike team that has crash landed on the surface of Char who quickly become a threat to the hive luster with the aid of a Umojan device called a psi destroyer.

Mission 03 - Set on destroying Mengsk and the Dominion, the Broodmother is sent to destroy a Dominion mining colony on Mar Sara.

Mission 04 - While attempting to secure Braxis for Kerrigan Broodmother Nafash is discovered by a Protoss colony already on the planet, Zagara and the Broodmother are sent to aid her.

Mission 05 - The Swarm runs into a Terran space colony, who's private security includes the Raiders and their current leader, former confederate magistrate Tychus Findlay.

Mission 06 - Returning to the ruins of Tarsonis, Kerrigan find the world has been used as a testing sight for the Umojans psionic devices after being attacked by feral zerg.

Mission 07 - Before her attack on Korhal, Kerrigan orders the Swarm to destroy Alpha Squadrons primary training academy, Skygeirr station, under the command of General Warfield.

Mission 08 - The attack on Korhal begins with the destruction of the Sky Shield defense platform.

Mission 09 - The final confrontation between Kerrigan and Mensgk.

Mission 10 - After learning that the Protectorate has built a new Psi Disruptor, Kerrigan leads her forces to destroy it before it becomes operational. Leading her to come into contact with Mengsk's Umojan liaison Gabriel Tosh.

Legacy of the Void:
Mission 01 - With Kerrigans disappearance the Swarm turning feral the Daelaam/Twilight Council, including Selendis (SC1 Executor) and Zeratul see the opportunity to end the zerg threat and begin by setting up a foothold on Haven in the decimated Dominion sector. A newly ranked Praetor (The player character, a Templar who survived the Zerg attack on Braxis in mission 4 of HotS) leads the operation.

Mission 02 - Zeratul and the Praetor encounter a group of rouge Dark Templar calling themselves the Tal'darim kidnapping terrans on Tyrador. After rescuing the colony, Arial Hanson reveal that Valerian Mengsk in hidding in the fringe and suggests them working together.

Mission 03 - After failing to convince Valerian of their good intentions, Artanis and the Praetor are forced to battle Valerians forces and are interrupted by an army of hybrid led zerg unleashed by Tosh. (in my story I've replaced the standard SC2 hybrid with Void Thrashers)

Mission 04 - Shakuras comes under attack from the zerg, no longer feral. Its revealed that the Tal'darim and their leader, Mohander, are working with the hybrid led zerg.

Mission 05 - The Daelaam find the Tal'darim base on Bel'shir and launch an attack against them hoping to rescue Terran/Templar prisoners and discover more information.

Mission 06 - Information on Bel'shir leds Selendis to a Xel'naga world ship under Tal'darim guard. After securing it, the ships archives reveal a conversion between Amon, the last living Xel'naga, Duran and Kerrigan.

Mission 07 - Tosh launches a surprise attack on the protoss forces on Haven and ends with him getting captured.

Mission 08 - Tosh tricks Selendis into attacking a Protectorate facility allowing him to escape, however Zeratul learns the location of Amons primary hybrid facility, on Aiur.

Mission 09 - The protoss return to Aiur and destroy the hybrid facility and it's defenders.

Mission 10 - Amon makes contact with the protoss commanders, impressed with their resourcefulness he reveals his ultimate goal and offers them immunity from his experiments in exchange for service. After refusing, the protoss make a last stand against all of Amons forces still left on Aiur

Wings of Liberty:
Mission 01 - With the Dominion on the brink of total collapse, Valerian and his last surviving General (Player) head to New Folsom and recruit James Raynor (a Dominion prisoner since shortly after the end of Brood War) for his military experience in exchange for his freedom. New Folsom falls under attack from the Swarm and Raynor escapes with the aid of Dominion ghost Nova.

Mission 02 - Raynor reunites with Tychus and the Raiders, who are also working for Valerian, to attack an Umojan salvage operation on Port Zion.

Mission 03 - Nova reports that the Umojans are secretly using refugees in experiments involving the hybrid and the zerg and Tal'darim . Valerian sees this as an opportunity to gain public support, while Raynor is focused on saving lives. This leads to Dr. Hanson to joining the Raiders.

Mission 04 - After learning that the refugee experiments were conducted with the aid of General Carolina Davis, a Protectorate collaborator. Valerian orders the General Warfield (Player) and agent Nova to assassinate Davis.

Mission 05 - Valerian orders an attack against the Protectorates main command center in Dominion space to cripple their operations.

Mission 06 - Receiving word that Kerrigan has returned to Korhal, Valerian orders his fleet into an all out attack and suffers heavy losses. The General and Raynor move in to rescue Valerian.

Mission 07 - Responding to a Dominion distress signal, Raynor falls into a trap set by Earth Directorate captain Matt Horner, who blames Raynor for the U.E.D.'s defeat one year ago. During the battle zerg forces intervene leading to Horner joining forces with Valerian and Raynor.

Mission 08 - Tal'darim and Zerg forces have gathered to secure an ancient Xel'naga ruin, sent to investigate Raynor runs into Zeratul and Artanis who have come to stop Amons forces from salvaging the ruins contents.

Mission 09 - After learning the truth behind the hybrid plot, Captain Horner volunteers his men to capture a Umojan research vessel hoping to obtain more information.

Mission 10 - Learning of Amons location on Char, Dominion, Daelaam and Directorate forces face off against Amons Protectorate, Tal'darim and Zerg minions.

Last edited by theshadowcouncil on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:39 pm

I'll start with the mission outlines that I've come up with so far. As of now, I'm planning for 3 separate chapters, one for each race, with 12 missions for each.

Starting with Redux: Heart of the Swarm

Mission 1 - Lab Rat: Alpha Squadron and Moebius Corp. attempt to assassinate Kerrigan on Char and fail. Introduction of Warfield and Tosh.

Mission 2 - Supreme: Kerrigan awakens the Cerebrate from StarCraft 1, named Zurvan, to lead the Swarm against Mengsk and who Abathur has replaced all traces of the Overminds dna and replaced it with Protoss genetic material, turning him into a Pseudo-Hybrid, Broodmother Zagara objects and Kerrigan pits them against each other.

Mission 3 - Planetfall: The Swarm attack Mar Sara, which is under the control of the Kel-Morian Combine, introduces Mira Han as a leader in that faction.

Mission 4 - Harvest of Screams: Same concept as in HotS, Broodmother was sent to Kaldir and killed, Broodmother Zagara goes to investigate and destroys a Protoss colony.

Mission 5 - With Friends Like These: Kerrigan attack a Terran settlement built inside an asteroid field, which unknown to her is being managed by the Magistrate, hilarity ensues.

Mission 6 - Death From Above: The fleet that was assigned to the Kaldir colony finds the Zerg still in the aforementioned asteroid field, and attempt to aid the Terrans fight the Zerg.

Mission 7 - Old Soldiers: The Swarm enters Dominion space and attacks a highly defended security outpost, Skygierr Station, which houses the bulk of Alpha Squadron and General Warfield's main base, Warfield escapes the stations destruction on his personal Battlecruiser, but not without a few unwanted guests.

Mission 8 - Infestation: Zerg infest Warfield ship, turning the majority of the crew into infested Terrans.

Mission 9 - Enemy Within: A renegade Zerg Brood on Tarsonis attacks Kerrigan brood, which leads her to believe that Mengsk has developed a means to control the Zerg, similar to the U.E.D.

Mission 10 - Fire In the Sky: The Swarm attacks Korhals orbital defense platform and the Korhal Defense Fleet .

Mission 11 - Domination: Basically a combination of the final two missions in HotS, Kerrigan confronts Mengsk, introduction of Valerian.

Mission 12 - Hand of Darkness: Kerrigan senses a psionic emanation on a barren planet, believing it's Valerian with a new Psi Disruptor she attacks, finding Tosh and the Moebius Corp. Kerrigan is knocked out by a Xel'Naga device, her fate is unknown.

View user profile

3 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:49 pm

I have some programing history but I haven't done any programing since High School and I have no experience with the sc2 editor, does it use a simple script like the SC/BW editor or does it use something more along the lines of the Skyrim tool set? if its closer to the SC/BW one I'd be perhaps willing to look into it, actually I have a lot of free time at the moment I'll look into it and if I feel like I would beable to help I'll drop a reply here saying so.

View user profile

4 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:33 pm

I have no patience for programming, but I can easily go over your script to see how sensical/good it is, its plotholes, dialogues etc. I am a writer, and as always when I am talking about it on this forum/twitch chat, I point to my story in the written works section here for my credibility. You can post the script you have here or send it to me in a PM and I'll read it and comment it.

View user profile

5 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:08 am

ZeroCool wrote:I have some programing history but I haven't done any programing since High School and I have no experience with the sc2 editor, does it use a simple script like the SC/BW editor or does it use something more along the lines of the Skyrim tool set? if its closer to the SC/BW one I'd be perhaps willing to look into it, actually I have a lot of free time at the moment I'll look into it and if I feel like I would beable to help I'll drop a reply here saying so.

At first glance, it looks like its just an upgraded version of the Brood War editor, but if it's specific details your asking me for, I don't have any to give, outside of terrain and unit placement, I don't know how the editor works.

But If you'd be willing to look at it and decide if it's reasonable or not, that's all I'd ask.

I also want to say, that my plan is to keep any programming that has to be done as simple as possible. By that I mean given the choice between programming an A.I. or just spawning units and have them attack & go, I'd accept the simpler route, so long as the maps are entertaining to play through, I would ask anybody to put in anymore work then they'd be willing to put in.

View user profile

6 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:14 am

Corwinus wrote:I have no patience for programming, but I can easily go over your script to see how sensical/good it is, its plotholes, dialogues etc. I am a writer, and as always when I am talking about it on this forum/twitch chat, I point to my story in the written works section here for my credibility. You can post the script you have here or send it to me in a PM and I'll read it and comment it.

That would be a big help, I mostly focused on getting the relevant information needed for each mission written out, and sprinkled in character moments when I could. But this is my first time trying my hand at this, so I can only hope I have at least a descent foundation for a good story.

As soon as I'm finished with my first draft, I'll send it over to you, so you can looking it over whenever you may have the time to.

View user profile

7 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:17 am

Here is the second campaign chapter outline for StarCraft 2: Redux (Legacy of the Void)

Mission 1 - Templars Return: After the event's of HotS the Protoss Hierarch Karass, (The Executor of the original games.) becoming aware of the Zergs invasion of the Terran sector, promotes Admiral Artanis, who has studied under him since Brood Wars, to Executor, and charges him with stemming the there advance. The first mission would consist of destroying Zerg bases on an infested planet.

Mission 2 - Purification: Artanis learns that the Tal'Darim (Who have kept themselves isolated up until now), has begun a crusade that involves the genocide of the Terrans and Artanis chooses to intervene.

Mission 3 - Harbinger of Doom: Artanis sends another Protoss commander (Urun, Mohandar or Selendis) to secure a location to continue the war effort, the commander finds Mira Han's Kel-Morian forces fighting against Valerian's Dominion forces, the mission ends with a Zerg Brood being commanded by a Hybrid overrunning both sides, causing them to retreat and the Protoss face the Hybrid.

Mission 4 - A Sinister Turn: Artanis receives a distress call from Shakuras, the Zerg are attacking New Antioch, Artanis returns to help (The Temple stopped functioning after being used in Brood Wars). Before Artanis can get back however, the Tal'Darim (Ma'lash and Alarak) and we learn about the Tal'Darim's backstory (They were the Templar that joined Aldaris's uprising during Brood War, and want to destory the Dark Templar and the High Templar that, as they see it are just as responsible as Kerrigan for Losing Aiur and murdering Aldaris.) Karass is killed by Ma'lash and Alarak, but lives long enough to speak to Artanis, asking him to not let the Protoss fall.

Mission 5 - Temple of Unification: The Dark Templar Vorazun offers to infiltrate the Tal'Darim's stronghold and assassinate Ma'lash, during the attempt she is captured.

Mission 6 - Templars Charge: Ma'lash using Vorazun as bait leads Artanis into a trap which pits him against Alarak, Artanis wins and Ma'lash impressed offers Artanis to join him if he proves himself loyal to the Khala and kills Vorazun, Artanis refuses and before they are both killed by Ma'lash, Zeratul saves them and Ma'lash retreats.

Mission 7 - Spear of Adun: Ma'lash attempt to flee in his mothership The Spear of Adun, Zeratul and his forces board it, confronting and defeating Ma'lash, but not before he hints that he's serving a powerful master.

Mission 8 - Unsealing the Past: Zeratul reconnects with Artanis and explains what he has discovered since first learning about the Hybrids. The mission is a solo hero map, with Zeratul going through a Xel'Naga ruin that's been overrun with Zerg, and that explains Duran's backstory and introduces Amon into the plot. (At some point in Duran's life he scouted out the ruins and found a Xel'Naga crystal that housed Amon's consciousness, and Amon merged his mind with Durans.)

Mission 9 - Amons's Reach: Moebius Corp. using Hybrids to attack the Protoss, at the end of the mission, the Protoss discover that Moebius has built a Hybrid facility on Aiur.

Mission 10 - For Aiur!: Artanis invades Aiur to reclaim it from the zerg, basiclly the same as the first mission in actual LotV.

Mission 11 - Ghost in the Fog: The Protoss attack Moebius's hybrid facility and fight Tosh/Duran. (We find out that Amon has already left Duran and is inside a host body.)

Mission 12 - In Utter Darkness: Amon contacts Zeratul and Artanis on Aiur and we learn more about his goal. (Amon is the last surviving Xel'Naga after the Overmind destroyed his people, and the Hybrids are his way of rebuilding his race, and those who serve him faithfully will have their minds transferred into the body of one of his Hybrids, while he enslaves all lower races.) Zeratul and Artanis refuse to go along with his plan, so Amon orders all the remaining Zerg and Hybrids on Aiur to kill them and their forces, basiclly the same as the In Utter Darkness mission from WoL, expect the Protoss win. Artanis and Zeratul discuss how their fight isn't over, but that for now their people can once again stand proud on their homeworld.

View user profile

8 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:24 am

I have a couple of thoughts about this conceptual script:

1. Why are the missions 5. and 6. in HotS Redux two missions instead of one mission where the protoss come as reinforcements + reveal more of the map? That's just padding. Also, I assume the Magistrate =/= Matt Horner here?

2. I dislike transferring Tosh from being an anti-hero(like he was in Blizzard WoL) to villain under Amon's command, mostly because his character works so well, IMO, because he was a smart, smart-ass, insightful but not good and yet on the good side. Since this is your version of the game, you can also make your own characters if they would fit better.

3. Would Zurvan be *just* a Pseudo-Hybrid Cerebrate or would he be a Hero unit? And how exactly would you make the combining the genetic code of the Protoss and the Zerg work in lore that doesn't end up in making them horrifying monsters like they are? I guess Abathur's brilliance/ability would make the process better, but something else should be there.

4. What role exactly would Mira Han, Warfield and Valerian serve in the story? You gave us little indication of their roles or their characters.

5. Zeratul saving Vorazun and Artanis seems too neat, and I also feel it would be wasteful to kill Alarak in that mission given that he was the only LotV character with actual character. It would be better if the duel would be Artanis vs Ma'lash, and the reason in-character that I could give is that Ma'lash has too much pride to let a lesser do his job, Ma'lash would lose but would run to Spear of Adun instead of submitting to death and then Artanis and Vorazun manage to board the mothership too where they find Zeratul, where the trio defeat Ma'lash again and the story goes on the way you originally plotted it out.

6. I really like the idea of Amon having had merged him mind with Duran.

7. Where is Jim Raynor in here? He'll be in the last, WoL-like campaign, for sure, but he should be mentioned somewhere in there.

View user profile

9 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Corwinus wrote:I have a couple of thoughts about this conceptual script:

1. Why are the missions 5. and 6. in HotS Redux two missions instead of one mission where the protoss come as reinforcements + reveal more of the map? That's just padding. Also, I assume the Magistrate =/= Matt Horner here?

Well mission 5 is a solo-Hero Dungeon mission with Kerrigan going through the Magistrates station and ends with them encountering each other face to face and I didn't want to take the focus away from that.

Were mission 6 is a rts battle, which would be the first 2 v 1 mission, with the cerebrate and Selendis, which takes place on the exterior of the station and introduces Mutalisks as a new unit for the player, with that focus on air combat.

The Magistrate in my story would actually be played by Graven Hill, Matt Horner wil play a different character in WoL.

2. I dislike transferring Tosh from being an anti-hero(like he was in Blizzard WoL) to villain under Amon's command, mostly because his character works so well, IMO, because he was a smart, smart-ass, insightful but not good and yet on the good side. Since this is your version of the game, you can also make your own characters if they would fit better.

I agree, I like Tosh as he was in WoL, but one of the problems I have to work around with regards to my story, and I'll mention this again later, is that I'm limited to the assets that come in the editor. So keep that in mind for now.

In my story Duran/Tosh isn't a shapeshifter, it was never setup in Brood Wars and brings into question a lot of "plot holes" that Blizzard never explained, such as can Duran only shift into Human forums? can he look like a Protoss or Zerg? If so why doesn't he? If he's a perfect shifter that he can mimic looks, voices and even clothes, why didn't he kill Mengsk or Valerian or both? wouldn't that be better for his plan? and it leaves me wondering why make him a shapeshifter at all if your not going to do anything with that, and in cannon it just makes Duran look like an idiot for blowing that amazing advantage.

It was also my first impression of Tosh when I played WoL for the first time, "Oh my god, there's this creepy psionic black guy here, and he's trying to be buddy buddy with Raynor, it's gotta be Duran." You can imagine my disappointment in HotS when they turned Duran into an old white man. So again Tosh's hero unit is the only thing I have that fits the bill, and I'm hoping to do a lot more with the character then just be a complete tool for Amon.

3. Would Zurvan be *just* a Pseudo-Hybrid Cerebrate or would he be a Hero unit? And how exactly would you make the combining the genetic code of the Protoss and the Zerg work in lore that doesn't end up in making them horrifying monsters like they are? I guess Abathur's brilliance/ability would make the process better, but something else should be there.

He would be a Hero unit, but as I mentioned before I'll limited by the editor, so I have two choices really, I could use one of the Primal Zerg as the Cerebrates unit, or use the Ravager Hybrid unit

In my retelling Protoss aren't immune to infestation and I like the idea of using the Reaver unit, because it would show what the the Zerg would have become if the Overmind won back in StarCraft 1, and were the Cerebrate is a 75% Zerg Hybrid, Amon's Hybrid would be split 50/50, which would be impossible for Abathur to make, and be even more powerful.

4. What role exactly would Mira Han, Warfield and Valerian serve in the story? You gave us little indication of their roles or their characters.

Mira and Valerian don't become major characters until R:WoL. Mira Han becomes the Leader for the Kel-Morian Combine and an antagonist and Valerian's arch with him dealing with the fall of the Dominion becomes one of the central story archs later.

Warfield has basically the same role he had in SC2 he's the Dominions main military general and his backstory is that he was a survivor of Kerrigans betrayal back in Brood Wars, but ends up getting killed during the Infested mission.

5. Zeratul saving Vorazun and Artanis seems too neat, and I also feel it would be wasteful to kill Alarak in that mission given that he was the only LotV character with actual character. It would be better if the duel would be Artanis vs Ma'lash, and the reason in-character that I could give is that Ma'lash has too much pride to let a lesser do his job, Ma'lash would lose but would run to Spear of Adun instead of submitting to death and then Artanis and Vorazun manage to board the mothership too where they find Zeratul, where the trio defeat Ma'lash again and the story goes on the way you originally plotted it out.

I just like the idea of Zeratul saving Artanis at the last minute, just he did in SC 1 with Tassadar and the conclave, playing it out in my head it just feels like an entertaining and dramatic movement.

Funny you should mention Alarak, because he does survive his duel with Artanis and will return to leader the Tal'Darim in WoL. ;D

I do like the idea that Zeratul, Artanis and Vorazun team up to defeat Ma'lash. I'm just worries about having a mission with 3 hero units running around at once, though it could work.

6. I really like the idea of Amon having had merged him mind with Duran.

I know right! Though I want to stress in the story that Duran is still his own character, that he is willing working for Amon and that Amon is using him as a temporary host body until his hybrid body is complete.

7. Where is Jim Raynor in here? He'll be in the last, WoL-like campaign, for sure, but he should be mentioned somewhere in there.

I did forget to mention that in mission 5, when Kerrigan faces the magistrate, he tells her that Raynor was imprisoned some time after Brood Wars for trying to assassinate Mengsk, and that'll play into Valerian's story arch when we get to WoL.

I hope I didn't miss anything.

View user profile

10 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Part 3 0f 3 Redux: Wings of Liberty

Mission 1 - Breakout: Valerian, having to deal with the Dominion being in complete chaos, is forced to deal with the one man he knows with experience fighting the Zerg, Raynor having been a prisoner of the Dominion is offered a deal, amnesty for services rendered, Raynor accepts, his focus being to kill Kerrigan since Mengsk is already dead. The Zerg attack New Folsom and Raynor with the help of Nova must escape and join what left of the Dominion forces.

Mission 2 - Outlaws: Raynor teams up with his old friend Tychus Findlay, who leads a mercenary group and is also under Valerians payroll to attack a supply depot that has fallen to the Tal'Darim.

Mission 3 - Cutthroat: Continuing the plotline from the Protoss campaign Valerian seeks an audience with the leaders of the Kel-Morian Combine for a ceasefire. Mira Han, having worked with Tychus and Raynor, hinting to Heaven's Devils, invites them. Mira Han reveals that she already has a contract with a "mysterius benefactor" to kill Valerian, Raynor refuses to join the scheme and he and Tychus come under fire, Nova and her strike team move to save them.

Mission 4 - Evacuation: Same basic premises as in WoL, introduction of Dr. Hanson, who is an advance weapons researcher for the Dominion.

Mission 5 - Ghost of a Chance: After Mengsks death several Dominion worlds have fallen under the control of Dominion warlords who refuse to accept Valerian as their leader, and Nova is sent in to assassinate one of them, Colonel Orlan and bring the planets back under Dominion control.

Mission 6 - Shatter the Sky: After the recent string of success Valerian becomes over confident of his eventual victory, after receiving a message from Kerrigan telling him of her plan to attack a Dominion outpost, Valerian orders the fleet to attack leaving Raynor behind when he objects, this being an obvious trap. Raynor does decide to follow Valerian if only to make sure he doesn't get himself killed. Valerians forces take serious losses and Valerain learns his lesson, promising to not put his ego before his people.

Mission 7 - Heaven's Fall: Tal'Darim attack Dominion refugees, Raynor moves to stop them.

Mission 8 - Maw of the Void: Tal'Darim and Zerg forces attempt to secure a Xel'Naga ruin, Raynor goes to investigate and runs into Zeratul and the Protoss who are here for the same reason.

Mission 9 - The Moebius Factor: Zeratul explanes to Raynor and Valerian the true cause of the war and joins Raynors forces in an attack against a Moebius Hybrid facility.

Mission 10 - Zero Hour: After receiving a distress message about the Zerg attack on a Dominion outpost, Raynor goes to save the base, but instead finds the remnants of the U.E.D. fleet lead by Captain Matt Horner (who would be the same Captain from Brood War), who blames Raynor for Mengsks escape at the battle of Korhal and for destroying the Psi-Disruptor, during the fighting nearby Zerg attack and after some convincing from Valerian and Dr.Hanson, Raynor saves the U.E.D. forces from the Zerg.

Mission 11 - Piercing the Shroud: Captain Horner joins Valerians forces to fight the Zerg, and offers the technical data that he has on the Psi-Disruptor. A plan is formed to use smaller versions of the Psi-Disruptor against the Hybrids to test their effect on them, using the Disruptors proves successful, but doesn't go unnoticed by Amon.

Mission 12 - Gates of Hell: Amon contacts the Terrans and reveals that he awaits for them on Char, the mission is a fight between the Dominion/Protoss/U.E.D. verse the Combine/Tal'Darim/Zerg. With Amon defeated Kerrigan is freed from his control and has a final encounter with Raynor.

View user profile

11 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Yeah you answered all what I asked about and I like what you said. I have only one question for the WoL part - where the hell is Kerrigan in there? After mentioning Raynor's motivation for why he accepted the amnesty, you only mention the "Zerg" and not Kerrigan.

Otherwise, it all sounds very intriguing and it would be awesome for the last mission if it would be possible to be adjusted in the editor(and I am pretty sure it is) that all three races get their 200 pop so you control all three of them instead of just 1 + 2 A.I. allies.

I'll be able to provide more insight when you write out the script.

View user profile

12 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:32 pm

Corwinus wrote:Yeah you answered all what I asked about and I like what you said. I have only one question for the WoL part - where the hell is Kerrigan in there? After mentioning Raynor's motivation for why he accepted the amnesty, you only mention the "Zerg" and not Kerrigan.

Otherwise, it all sounds very intriguing and it would be awesome for the last mission if it would be possible to be adjusted in the editor(and I am pretty sure it is) that all three races get their 200 pop so you control all three of them instead of just 1 + 2 A.I. allies.

I'll be able to provide more insight when you write out the script.

That's right, well after HotS, whta we find out during LotV and WoL is that Kerrigan is under Amons control, he's using her as a proxy to control the Swarm, who have become less effective as a whole because of it, the whole reaper indoctrination thing from Mass Effect. The Idea is that Duran tricked the Dominion into attacking Kerrigan to lure her off of Char and spread her forces out, so that everything would be set for Amon to take over, the thematic significance is that by going after Mengsk and taking her rage out on the Koprulu sector, she has sealed her fate and is, from a story perceptive, already dead just not literally, at least until the end of WoL.

We do know that maxing out the population cap if possible, I just don't know if the player would share it between the three bases, of if we could do something like in SC1 were there would be three separate caps for each faction.

View user profile

13 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Thanks for the explanation, and I meant the SC1 thing where you could control all 3 races and you'd get separate 200 pop counters for each race you control. I am sure the editor could support that given how insanely good and versatile that editor is.

View user profile

14 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:34 am

well I poked around the editor I perhaps could do something but it would be a lot of stuff for me to learn, I wouldn't mind helping out but making the actual maps is a lot more effort compared to the old games, and the scripting can be much more advanced if you want it to. I could probably handle simple missions like the SC/BW missions and I wouldn't know how to add in a like briefing and/or cut scenes. I am interested in this, so I am going to play around with the editor a bit more first, maybe make a simple mission and then get back to you, if I enjoy making it and the end product feels fun to me I will share it and perhaps we can start on this.

**edit if we could get more people on board it would really help as well.

View user profile

15 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:02 am

ZeroCool wrote:well I poked around the editor I perhaps could do something but it would be a lot of stuff for me to learn, I wouldn't mind helping out but making the actual maps is a lot more effort compared to the old games, and the scripting can be much more advanced if you want it to. I could probably handle simple missions like the SC/BW missions and I wouldn't know how to add in a like briefing and/or cut scenes. I am interested in this, so I am going to play around with the editor a bit more first, maybe make a simple mission and then get back to you, if I enjoy making it and the end product feels fun to me I will share it and perhaps we can start on this.

**edit if we could get more people on board it would really help as well.

I completely agree, I wouldn't want anybody to work on this unless they really wanted to. If you want, p.m. me an e-mail address and I can send you the Mission 1 map that I have finished and I can talk you though the general idea of how it would play out.

I do know two friends of mine who have said they would help me, just not yet, one is waiting for a new hard drive for his tower and the other is currently working on collage work.

I think what we need is at least one finished map that we can showcase, and hopefully get more people interested in helping out, just so that they know that this is a serious project. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

View user profile

16 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Mon May 16, 2016 2:13 am

I was given the idea to try writing my version of starcraft 2 with the player in a first person perspective and since I'm writing the Protoss campaign currently I thought I'd give it a shot. Do you think the writing is better with the player being directly spoken to?

(This takes place after my retelling of Heart of the Swarm. Which I haven't posted here yet, but my outline was posted earlier in the forum.)

Episode 8: Legacy of the Void

The Terran Dominion has fallen. The Queen of Blades rampage across the sector, has seemingly halted with the destruction of Korhal and the death of Arcturus Mengsk.

From Across the sector, the Protoss have closely monitored the advance of the zerg swarm and have begun mobilizing their forces, with the intent of ending the zerg threat once and for all.

On the barren desert world of Shakuras, Hierarch Urun, leader of the Protoss. Has overseen the reconstruction of their once might fleets.

"Templar's Return"

(Citadel of the Executor at New Antioch, Shakuras)

Zealot: Excuse me, Preator. Hierarch Urun requests your presence at the war council. Come with me.

Urun: Welcome Preator. I must apologize for the urgent summons. However A grave turn of events has just come to our attention. I trust by now you have heard the reports, the zerg assault of our colony at Kaldir and their invasion of the terran sector. We have just received word that the zerg swarm has reached the Dominion capital of Korhal, it is only a matter of time until their remaining worlds are consumed.

Though these events signal dark time ahead, it is also a opportunity to eliminate the zerg once and for. For you see, after the destruction of the zerg Overmind during the great war, the various zerg brood became feral and began consuming one another. With Kerrigan leading the swarm away from Char, I believe we can exploit this weakness once again. We must stem the tide of the zerg now before they strengthen their numbers and become impossible to face later.

That is why you have been summoned here tonight. Preator, as Hierarch of the Twilight Council and Executor of the Templar, I am ordering the Golden Armada to enter the terran sector and hunt down the Queen of Blades. I have choose you and your forces to join the Armada in this noble endeavor.

You will be placed under the command of Admiral Artanis. I have no doubt that your warrior spirit will thrive under his influence, as his did under mine.

Your first destination will be to the terran world of Haven, it lies on the border of our space and has already come under attack by the swarm. It will serve as a suitable forward base to conduct your search.

Ready yourself Preator, your forces must be ready to depart shortly

And my the Khalas light guide you.

Mission Start:

(Camera pans over zerg base on upper left area of the map, then the Protoss mothership unit flys into frame from off screen and destroys it with a Purifier Beam.)

(Protoss Warp Prism moves in and warps in drones and zealots. drones begin warping in Nexus base.)

Artanis: En Taro Tassadar preator. Your reputation as a fearless warrior has brought you this far, but now you must prove yourself on the field of battle. The expectations placed on you are high, but I'm confident you will exceed them.

Lead your forces against the zerg hives in this sector, while our remaining forces are deployed to other strike zones.

Mission Objective: Destroy Zerg Hatcheries 0/4

(After destroying 2st zerg base.)

Karax: Preator, I am Phase-Smith Karax. You will be pleased to hear that our light mechanized division is ready for deployment. However you will need to construct a Cybernetics Core before you can begin to warp them in.

(After destroying 4th base.)

Artanis: Well done Preator. You appear to be courage on the battlefield as your instructors claimed.

View user profile

17 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:29 am

Good news. To anybody still listening that is.
I've hired someone that's knows how to use the galaxy editor and have started work on my planned Zerg campaign.
Missions 1-3 are already done, but I'm going to wait until the campaign is done before I put everything out for testing.
Hopefully it won't be long now.

View user profile

18 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Y'know I don't think I ever said this out loud, but I'd just like to chip in my vocal support here. I'd even like to play the missions on stream sometime, if you don't mind.

19 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:26 am

The Lorerunner wrote:Y'know I don't think I ever said this out loud, but I'd just like to chip in my vocal support here.  I'd even like to play the missions on stream sometime, if you don't mind.

Arch, though we may have our disagreements about StarCraft 2. I've never held it against you personally.
Once the Zerg campaign is ready for release, I'll post the link here and if you feel that it's good enough to stream for everybody, then you have my blessing and I'd be honored to hear your opinion.

At the rate we're going I might have it ready in two weeks.
Don't quote me on that though.

View user profile

20 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:24 am

Update: Mission 12 is being worked on currently. So I'm guessing we should be good to go, some time next week. don't quote me on that.

View user profile

21 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:13 pm

theshadowcouncil wrote:Update: Mission 12 is being worked on currently. So I'm guessing we should be good to go, some time next week. don't quote me on that.

Will you be releasing this publicly by chance, or just to Arch? I'm very much interested in trying it out, myself.

View user profile

22 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:44 pm

It's going to be available to everyone, I don't know if I'll be able to publish it on Blizzards arcade, but for sure it'll be on sc2mapster.

View user profile

23 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:04 am

Cool! Definitely looking forward to checking it out.

View user profile

24 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:14 am

We are so fucking close, I can taste it!
Basically the Zerg Campaign is finished, it's working but we're having a problem with setting up the background music.
Currently, we have only one song, that plays for exactly one minute, stops, then starts the song from the beginning and we don't know why.

View user profile

25 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:07 am

Well here it is.

I haven't had luck getting the ingame music to work, but at least it's playable.

https://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/starcraft-2-redux-hots-mission-1/files/

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum