Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Spoiler Discussion)
Today at 2:04 am by Maz

» Turn 1-1070
Yesterday at 12:08 pm by Crensler

» Black Scale
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:46 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» PATREON CHANGES
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:34 pm by Braigwen

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY...
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:32 pm by WKC690

» Black Water
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:17 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1069
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Turn 11-1069
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am by Onyx Aurelius

» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

You are not connected. Please login or register

StarCraft 2: Redux

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:25 pm

Update:Earlier this morning I reposted the Zerg campaign with working and varied background music now playing. https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/redux-starcraft-2

Currently working on the Protoss campaign and am looking to get it ready for release by some time in February.

The launcher still isn't working despite my best attempts, but I'm hoping a friend of mine who's more tech savvy will take a look at it for me, even still it probably won't get fixed until the protoss campaign is ready so it can be done all at once.

View user profile

27 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:50 am

Update: So currently I'm working on the Protoss chapter of my campaign and I've been playing around with how the tech tree is going to look like, so here's what I've got planned so far. The basic template will be the WoL multiplayer tech tree (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Units/WoL)

Changes:
-Adding Shield Battery
-Replacing Stalker with Dragoon
-Add Scout to Stargate
-Replace Phoenix with Corsair
-Replace Void Ray with Arbiter(Requiring Fleet Beacon)
-Replace Colossus with Reaver
-Add Dark Archon

I might remove Dark Shrines and just place Dark Templar under Templar Archives, not sure yet.

Now the biggest change I've thought about would be to Dark Templars, I was thinking about giving them an energy bar and giving them the cloak ability, what do you think?

View user profile

28 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:56 pm

theshadowcouncil wrote:Update: So currently I'm working on the Protoss chapter of my campaign and I've been playing around with how the tech tree is going to look like, so here's what I've got planned so far. The basic template will be the WoL multiplayer tech tree (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Units/WoL)

Changes:
-Adding Shield Battery
-Add Scout to Stargate
-Add Dark Archon

I might remove Dark Shrines and just place Dark Templar under Templar Archives, not sure yet.

Now the biggest change I've thought about would be to Dark Templars, I was thinking about giving them an energy bar and giving them the cloak ability, what do you think?

Not sure its possible but I had an idea along time ago when I was going to do a sc2 campaign of my own and I was going to make Archons gain abilites based off the kind of templar merging...
2x high templar = weaker attack and less shields with the ability to cast psi storm
2x dark templar = stronger attack and more shields but no active ability
high templar + dark templar = average attack with average shields and the ability to cast psi storm.

View user profile

29 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:57 am

ZeroCool wrote:
theshadowcouncil wrote:Update: So currently I'm working on the Protoss chapter of my campaign and I've been playing around with how the tech tree is going to look like, so here's what I've got planned so far. The basic template will be the WoL multiplayer tech tree (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Units/WoL)

Changes:
-Adding Shield Battery
-Add Scout to Stargate
-Add Dark Archon

Not sure its possible but I had an idea along time ago when I was going to do a sc2 campaign of my own and I was going to make Archons gain abilites based off the kind of templar merging...
2x high templar = weaker attack and less shields with the ability to cast psi storm
2x dark templar = stronger attack and more shields but no active ability
high templar + dark templar = average attack with average shields and the ability to cast psi storm.

Funny you should mention that, apparently blizzard was working on a new unit called the Twilight Archon that was suppose to replace both Archons and Dark Archons and can be made by fusing any combination of High or dark Templar but they never finished it. If they had I would have been all for adding it in.

Right now, I'm coming up with an idea for a new transport unit for the terrans to replace the Medivac since I'll be using Medics. I'm thinking of taking the Banshees and replacing it's weapons or cloaking for the ability to transport units.

View user profile

30 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Mon May 01, 2017 6:56 pm

Update: I'm currently working on uploading not only the Protoss and Terran campaign within 2 months as well as a reworked Zerg campaign.

Like I've mentioned before, the tech trees are being reworked to include more of the SC1 units, and the story has been streamlined a bit more, bringing each campaign down to 10 missions.

View user profile

31 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Can you put your version of the story in the OP?

View user profile

32 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:17 pm

Alianger wrote:Can you put your version of the story in the OP?

That, I can do.

View user profile

33 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:58 am

Thanks, so is the zerg campaign supposed to go first in your version? Seems interesting if pretty vague so far, but would be good to hear what you didn't like about SC2's story to begin with.

Having Mengsk vs Kerrigan not be the finale sounds a little odd, unless you build up something between Kerrigan and Tosh throughout the campaign. There is more of an emotional climax with Mengsk.

Minor point: how do you explain feral zerg evolving space travel without the overmind?

View user profile

34 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:22 am

I could go on a six hour rant on my issues with StarCraft 2, it's sort of a joke with my friends that me discussing SC2 is like therapy, so maybe I'll go through it again at some point but what it boils down to is that SC2 doesn't feel like StarCraft.
It looks like StarCraft and there are characters named after characters from SC1 in it but, as I've said many times, SC2 is to StarCraft what the Star Wars prequels are to the original trilogy.
Generic, overly produced nonsense with none of the grit or effort of the original.

As for the Mengsk battle it's basically the finale for Kerrigan's arch but the Tosh is more of the epilogue that leads to the overarching storyline (Amon, Hybrids, etc.) because Tosh (spoiler alert) turns out to be Duran.

The idea being that Duran was working with/manipulating Mengsk to get Kerrigan and the Swarm off of Char and set the stage for the next phase of his work.

As for space travel, I'm sticking with the assumption that the Leviathans are capable of ftl travel. However Kerrigan did manage to get the Zerg around in Brood Wars without any trouble, so probable not something that needs worrying about.

View user profile

35 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:09 am

Right, well it was more warcraft 3-ish I thought with the uniting against a big evil, feral zerg (aka non-corrupted orcs) and more focus on the heroes in the cutscenes. The tone was pretty light for SC, and things got stupid a few times though not as badly as in BW I thought.
I was mainly disappointed with the protoss campaign though, didn't like tal'darim basically replacing the dark templar as the edgy dark protoss or how artanis feels second in command to alarak or kerrigan in all their scenes together, or robot fenix, or the preserver fighting to keep the psionic connection only to give it up near the end, or the added sexual dimorphism. Some missions were also too similar to earlier ones.

Interesting, I was expecting Tosh to have a bigger role in SC2 though I didn't play nova covert ops yet. Is Duran still amon's servant?

The SC1 lore IIRC is that the overmind lured space traveling lifeforms to their homeworld to assimilate that ability into the swarm. But maybe that was retconned like some other stuff.

View user profile

36 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:37 am

I've heard people argue that Brood War has stupid plot elements before right. While I disagree with what most people consider to be the big stupid moments (Alderis rebelion, Stukovs death and Kerrigans betrayal) at the very least those moments are contained to Brood War. When SC2 gets stupid (Overmind/Zerg, Kerrigan prophecy, Narud) it ends up messing with StarCraft as a whole, which to me, makes it worse.

I agree that LotV was the worst campaign in SC2, but that's mostly because it was horrible generic and bland. WoL and HotS were bad in my opinion, but in a bad B movie sort of way, where I'm at least fascinated at how Metzen basically released his private StarCraft fan fiction.
To this day, I still haven't been able to will myself into finishing LotV because of how mind numbingly boring it is.

I completely agree with your view on the Tal'darim. I'm actually one of the few who prefer the WoL/HotS Tal'darim simple because the idea of a protoss cult that worship the Xel'naga and would willingly serve them makes sense, but the copy and paste Sith Lord versions, again just so lazy and stupid.

Tosh like Hanson don't (and never will) have any further roles in SC for the simple fact that the player might have killed them off in WoL, that includes Covert Ops.

Duran is working for Amon, but he isn't a Xel'naga in my cannon. His backstory is that he was a scientist on earth who discovered a Xel'naga artifact, studied it, used the information on it to extend his life span (again the StarCraft 1 manual the Xel'naga were trying to master biological sciences) and made plans to explore the Korpulu sector to find more information (it'll be established that he is in fact Doran Routhe) and eventually releases Amon from stasis on the Xel'naga worldship.

As to your last point, I'm trying to keep as close to the original backstory as possible, so yes in my cannon did assimilate the space traveling lifeforms and launched a surprise attack on the Xel'naga.

View user profile

37 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Ah, forgot that about Tosh even though I did play the campaign that way in hard mode. Story choices was another thing I missed about both the zerg and protoss campaigns, though I guess it wasn't done that well in SC2 (should've had a meaningful and lasting impact) it was still cool.

Right but the feral zerg need to have gotten it from the corrupt zerg somehow then to not be stranded is what I was getting at.

Anyway, looking forward to playing what you come up with.

View user profile

38 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Alianger wrote:Ah, forgot that about Tosh even though I did play the campaign that way in hard mode. Story choices was another thing I missed about both the zerg and protoss campaigns, though I guess it wasn't done that well in SC2 (should've had a meaningful and lasting impact) it was still cool.

Right but the feral zerg need to have gotten it from the corrupt zerg somehow then to not be stranded is what I was getting at.

Anyway, looking forward to playing what you come up with.

Oh wait, are you talking about the primal zerg?

View user profile

39 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Ooh guess I got them confused? Sorry about that!

View user profile

40 Re: StarCraft 2: Redux on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Okay, now I get what you were asking.

The primal zerg are not cannon in my campaign.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum