» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fallout 4 Samus Pixel Board Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fallout 4 Samus Pixel Board Project on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:24 pm

I've been working on some pixel art using the building engine in Fallout 4 because I've been seeing some awesome creations all over the web. Took me a little over a week to complete, doing chunks of work here and there. This was done with NO mods on the PS4. I utilized a glitch that let you deplete the settlement capacity so you can place more objects in one place. I was constantly worried I was going to break the game do this, but it runs fine; the sign won't render from the opposite side of the settlement though.  Laughing

My Samus Pixel Board

I'm never going to do this again lol! Based on how the builder is set up, it was a huge pain in the ass to get it right. It really exposed some flaws in the system. I took a lot of liberties just to present what I have. I originally intended to do a Super Metroid version of Samus, but I soon realized it would take about 50% more time, work, resources, and headaches.  Couldn't get some of the colors right based on the limitations (but still not a bad selection), particularly red. One shade looks better at night and another looks better during the day. I opted for the "night shade" because the sign looks better at night anyway.

I included a photo of MOST of the generators. There are 24 in total. I hid 6 of them behind the building. For most of the time building, the generators did not look this neat and organized; it took me literally until last night to learn you can link them all together. For the most part, I went into this blind, learning as I went.

At about 25%-50% completion, I was about to quite all together because of the frustrations of bugs in the system and practicality in general. The only thing keeping me going was the fact that if I quite, I basically wasted a ton of time and effort with no payoff.

If anyone has any questions about the building process, I'd love to answer them!

View user profile

2 Re: Fallout 4 Samus Pixel Board Project on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:55 pm

Very good job

View user profile

3 Re: Fallout 4 Samus Pixel Board Project on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:48 pm

Dude, that's awesome. That must've taken forever to setup, and it looks awesome. I love the Megaman template too!

4 Re: Fallout 4 Samus Pixel Board Project on Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:41 am

The Megaman form is the most practical form while still offering some detail. That's probably the reason why many of the other examples I've found went with Megaman templates, too.

Btw, I'm really happy with how the arm cannon turned out. I had to improvise the colors because the template I used had colors that weren't included in Fallout 4's options. I also used a black outline instead of a darker grey around the cannon for the same reason.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum