Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 9-1069
Today at 4:29 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Turn 10-1069
Today at 12:29 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Black Scale
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:59 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Black Water
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 8-1069
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:10 pm by FreelanceZero

» Thoughts on The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:15 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Turn 7-1069
Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:10 am by Crensler

» Bound by the Past
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 6-1069
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Worst. Ending. Ever."

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:43 am

i dont know if it fits in here...but anyway :3

neon genesis evangelion

i love the show and it does not bore me to this day, but having no budget is no excuse (inb4 anno just wanted to rub the finger in our faces)

View user profile

27 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:16 pm

MugWump wrote:It has to be Mass Effect 3
Maz wrote:ME3 should be banned from mentioning in this thread. It's been critiqued to an exhausting degree already.
Theodoricos wrote: I'd go with Mass Effect 3
Zeiss wrote:Mass Effect 3's ending.
Samu wrote:and Mass Effect 3
789TheN00B wrote:Mass Effect 3 ending definitely.

Reason why this is considered the worst by many is because it was a good game and I say that because many people advised me to stay away from ME3 and I picked the game up for 5 bucks and had a blast with it, so the ending isn't the greatest, meh, it was still an awesome game. It gets a lot of hate from what I know due to the stupid marketing by EA, and the overpriced DLC. But the worst? C'mon, maybe worthy of top 10 but there are some bad endings out there.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though so just my viewpoint. I'd take 1000 Mass Effect 3 endings over the crap I had to endure with Ghostbusters and to get black screen with white lettered typos as a reward (even for back then).

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

28 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:34 pm

Is that the one that says: congraturations? If so that ending is hilarious but definitly poor. The game is very poor though so it at least fits together.

I disagree, while better in direct comparison, its bad despite the quality of the series. A detriment to the story and a slap on the face for player choice and everything that led up to the ending.

But yeah ... That's a can of worms.

View user profile

29 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:37 am

old so removed



Last edited by 789TheN00B on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

30 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:03 am

BoWmEn wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though so just my viewpoint. I'd take 1000 Mass Effect 3 endings over the crap I had to endure with Ghostbusters and to get black screen with white lettered typos as a reward (even for back then).


None of us said the game itself was the worst. Simply, as the topic title implies, the ending.

That said, you are probably right that ME3's ending isn't the worst, but it sticks in people's minds because almost everything else was great.
The shift in tone on the Crucible is completely bewildering and uncalled for.

I've played silly games, that had silly endings (Two Worlds comes to mind. Fun but again :silly Wink), but when it's constant throughout the game you don't really notice so much.

View user profile

31 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:42 pm

Samu wrote:
None of us said the game itself was the worst. Simply, as the topic title implies, the ending.

That said, you are probably right that ME3's ending isn't the worst, but it sticks in people's minds because almost everything else was great.
The shift in tone on the Crucible is completely bewildering and uncalled for.

I've played silly games, that had silly endings (Two Worlds comes to mind. Fun but again :silly Wink), but when it's constant throughout the game you don't really notice so much.
In the bolded area is the reason why I brought up it being a good game. I just feel people over react when things aren't perfect is my point. Again everyone is entitled to their opinions as I've stated as I am to mine just getting people to think about it is all; not saying anyone is wrong or it isn't a bad ending. Razz

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

32 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:39 pm

BoWmEn wrote:
MugWump wrote:It has to be Mass Effect 3
Maz wrote:ME3 should be banned from mentioning in this thread. It's been critiqued to an exhausting degree already.
Theodoricos wrote: I'd go with Mass Effect 3
Zeiss wrote:Mass Effect 3's ending.
Samu wrote:and Mass Effect 3
789TheN00B wrote:Mass Effect 3 ending definitely.

Reason why this is considered the worst by many is because it was a good game and I say that because many people advised me to stay away from ME3 and I picked the game up for 5 bucks and had a blast with it, so the ending isn't the greatest, meh, it was still an awesome game. It gets a lot of hate from what I know due to the stupid marketing by EA, and the overpriced DLC. But the worst? C'mon, maybe worthy of top 10 but there are some bad endings out there.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though so just my viewpoint. I'd take 1000 Mass Effect 3 endings over the crap I had to endure with Ghostbusters and to get black screen with white lettered typos as a reward (even for back then).

That ME3 was a bizarre mix of the sublime and the ridiculous doesn't speak to the myriad ways in which people felt uniquely let down by its ending. In any case - given the point and purpose of this thread - perhaps it's best that we don't call people out for their choices eh?

View user profile

33 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:21 pm

One of the most disappointing endings to me was in death note. I watched it when I was younger and I loved the idea and how the entire anime was done. It was great until...
Spoiler:
When L dies which should have been the end of the anime it drags on for another 10 episodes replacing L with two new kids both of whom are not anywhere near as interesting or as entertaining to watch as L was. The anime should have ended with L dying and since it didn't I consider that to be one of the worst endings in an anime I have seen.

View user profile

34 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Good addition. Me and my gf felt similar. But despite the anime being past its high point imo, I felt the end was ok and overall they took a rare risk.

View user profile

35 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:19 pm

BoWmEn wrote:Reason why this is considered the worst by many is because it was a good game and I say that because many people advised me to stay away from ME3 and I picked the game up for 5 bucks and had a blast with it, so the ending isn't the greatest, meh, it was still an awesome game. It gets a lot of hate from what I know due to the stupid marketing by EA, and the overpriced DLC. But the worst? C'mon, maybe worthy of top 10 but there are some bad endings out there.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though so just my viewpoint. I'd take 1000 Mass Effect 3 endings over the crap I had to endure with Ghostbusters and to get black screen with white lettered typos as a reward (even for back then).

The Mass Effect 3 ending does so much disservice to the franchise that we've been playing and we've been fans of for so long that it's hard not to say that it's the worst ending ever. Yet even by itself - even if it wasn't for the sheer emotional investment of long-time BioWare fans - it's still extremely poorly presented, it's crammed where it doesn't fit, and it doesn't make the slightest degree of sense given what we know about Mass Effect's lore. Not to mention it's also character assassination in numerous ways.

Personally I'd take a Mass Effect 3 with everything after the confrontation with you-know-who chopped off (which is what the MEHEM mod essentially is) than sit through that ending again.

View user profile

36 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri May 01, 2015 6:48 am

redundant post so removed



Last edited by 789TheN00B on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

37 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri May 01, 2015 9:43 am

File this one under best ending ever!


_________________
The Lorerunner
View user profile http://lorerunner.com/

38 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri May 01, 2015 11:51 am

Demon's Souls has a pretty bad ending.

View user profile

39 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri May 01, 2015 5:07 pm

Speaking of Heavy Rain: I think the best ending in that game is when all four playable characters die.
Spoiler:
Madison means nothing, the bad cop actually gets is a form of punishment, Lauren gets the pleasure of killing Scotty and Ethan...I never cared much about him.

View user profile

40 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sat May 02, 2015 12:20 am

Why yes Arch, I am a bad enough dude to save the president. Wink

While there are many worthy entries so far--Screw you Star Ocean 3!--I'll put forth that Rurouni Kenshin has the worst endings ever. Endings you say? That's right. The anime and the manga have two entirely different endings and they BOTH end up being confusing, thematically jarring, and ultimately unnecessary for exactly the same reason--Shishio Makoto. Not only is Shishio an effective anti-Kenshin, their final duel for the fate of the Revolution and the soul of Japan was the end of Kenshin's story. He won. It's over. Finito. And yet the story goes on for reasons I can't fathom. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth even after all these years.

For a modern version of this I'd point to Bleach and the end of the Aizen arc, where Ichigo's story effectively ends and yet continues anyway.

View user profile

41 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sat May 02, 2015 11:02 am

=



Last edited by Wethewax on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

42 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sun May 03, 2015 10:46 am

I remember being really disappointed with Fable 2's ending, Loved the first game to bits and the second game wasn't entirely a negative in my eyes... Until you got to the end... I mean , the Jack of blades fight wasn't the hardest boss fight in history (Especially if you had a well built character ) but at least it was memorable and satisfying to kill the bastard in the end. I Dunno , one shotting whatshisface or letting Reever do it Mid-cut-scene really felt cheap ... I'm wondering if it was design like this or if the devs just ran out of time and didn't have time to code a proper boss fight.

Fable 3 was just a mess ... I mean , when I can get through the whole game and get the "Didn't die once" award on my first go , you've fucked it up Lionhead!

View user profile

43 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Thu May 07, 2015 3:53 pm

I know the original Bioshock has been mentioned, but can we file the entirety of the Bioshock series under the label of, "Bad Endings"? The original's ending (regardless of which one you got) felt lackluster, the endings to Bioshock 2 are forgettable, and the ending to Bioshock Infinite contradicts itself more than a page-less book.

View user profile http://www.reddit.com/user/V8_Ninja

44 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Thu May 07, 2015 6:01 pm

Well ME is not THE worst Ending I´ve ever seen (Thank´s for reminding me of Star Ocean 3 ...) but it´s the one with the biggest impact on me.

ME was the franchise where I was more involved with the characters than any other Game before or after. The only other game that came even close was Baldur´s Gate 2 when I was younger.

And the thing with ME 3 is yeah it had really bad moments before the Ending, but it had some of the greatest Moments too: Tuchanka and Rannoch.

And as I said many times before, had they ended the actual Game at the point where you sat down with Anderson right after he died and slowly fading out with a proper epilogue (like they did in the EC) I would have been fine.

But than the scene with Star Kid followed, totally throwing all you did in the last 3 games overboard, followed by a goddamn ABC-Choice and than ending it all with the original RGB-Ending.
At this point I was just so broken inside.

I felt so god damn hurt deep inside of my very soul that I didn´t touched any kind of game for over a whole month, because ME3´s Ending just killed my enjoyment for Games almost completely at this point.

Because I felt so betrayed, because out of all Developers it was BIOWARE ... BIOWARE that I trusted at this point in time more than any other Studio.

The first game I touched after this month was Shadow Hearts: Covenant and it was the game that brought my enjoyment for games back and with the MEHEM Mod I can even play ME3 again.
But since ME3 I never Preordered a game again and I´m far more cautious before puchasing one.

View user profile

45 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri May 08, 2015 5:36 am

There's some things that come to mind in defence of Me3 (as much as I don't want to). They didn't actually follow through on their original ending because it was leaked and also you could view most of ME3 as the conclusion of several sub plots built up in me2. In which case it's a mixed bag like Atheru said.

Can't really tell what would have been but there's enough lazy writing before the debacle in 3 to make me not trust that the dark energy ending would have worked (though it would've been better obviously). Similar how it's been said that customer trust of Bioware in general has been affected, the same is true for the writing for me (unfair as that may be).

View user profile

46 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri May 08, 2015 1:22 pm

For me the answer is ME3 there is just no other option in my mind.

That ending singularly ruined a great franchise for me and killed Mass Effect. I don't care what they do with the next game, I'm not going to check it out. The ending was just stupid and a terrible idea. Drop a random god child into your lap, have no meaningful interactions and are just told to choose an ending. Even though all of the options are stupid.

Murder all technology and killing god knows how many people when you make the mass relays explode, become a Reaper who will eventually turn evil and wipe out all life in the galaxy, or basically commit genetic rape on the universe...wow these all sound terrible. Then after people legitimately point out how stupid it all was, they barely change things and toss in a "middle finger to the fans" ending.

I've seen bad endings, I've seen stupid endings, but this was insulting.

There are other bad endings to be sure. The School Rumble ending was just unbelievable in how stupid it was. Wow, that is insulting to an entire fanbase. I'd also throw out Claymore in terms of a bad anime ending. It both combined being an anime original ending that left no room to continue from the source material to also being bad, open-ended and not actually resolving any story issue. That's an amazing combination of dumb decisions.

Also a special anime spot goes to Soul Eater. That ending was just not all that good. I kind of expected it when they deviated half-way through with the source material, but it was kind of a mess.

Personally I actually didn't hate the SO3 ending, maybe I'm just random but I liked that ending. Which is why I can accept that some people actually liked the ME3 ending, everyone is different.

View user profile http://www.anime-evo.net

47 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri May 08, 2015 3:19 pm

writing, player choice and pr around the ending was all terrible. If I were them I would have been tempted to lie and say that they intended for the indoctrination thing to be true after all. Still has plenty of holes but at least it would appear to be adventurous writing (if most of me3 were indocrination) and an interesting take on player choice with the ending. Still crap but at least it would look like they tried lol.
Who was it who mentioned opening a can of worms again

View user profile

48 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri May 08, 2015 10:43 pm

redundant post removed



Last edited by 789TheN00B on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

49 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sat May 09, 2015 12:28 am

Ultima 9 is essentially the ME3 ending if it were an entire game. Everything is dumbed down severely. The Guardian is so ridiculously powerful that he could have ended the planet whenever he wanted. Your player character turns into a dumb Texas hick. Lord Blackthorn undergoes some horrific character assassination, and his redemption from previous games is thrown out the window. But, the actual ending is a non-sensical mess that only makes sense if you don't pay attention to any of the lore (and you're really drunk).

However, I would like to add a book to this list: Dead Men Walking. It is a 40k book about the Death Korps of Krieg. The Commissar that gets the most character development throughout the book has his arc end (not brought to a conclusion). The people who the main character is trying to rescue betrays him and her own people just to save herself. Worst of all, right as the Kreigers are about achieve victory, the Necron Lord just poofs onto the scene, resurrects a bunch of melted warriors, and instantly wins everything. It was an incredibly cheap dues ex machina that had no ties to the themes or events of the story.

View user profile

50 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sat May 09, 2015 6:07 pm

SilverDragonRed wrote:Ultima 9 is essentially the ME3 ending if it were an entire game.  Everything is dumbed down severely.  The Guardian is so ridiculously powerful that he could have ended the planet whenever he wanted.  Your player character turns into a dumb Texas hick.  Lord Blackthorn undergoes some horrific character assassination, and his redemption from previous games is thrown out the window.  But, the actual ending is a non-sensical mess that only makes sense if you don't pay attention to any of the lore (and you're really drunk).

To that I just ad: "What´s a Paladin?" Razz

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum