» Turn 6-1069
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Worst. Ending. Ever."

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sun May 10, 2015 7:09 pm

789TheN00B wrote:Neon genesis evangelion

'The End of Evangelion' is the ending. I do not know of any other ending you might or might not imply there to be haha.

View user profile

52 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Mon May 11, 2015 6:06 am

Maybe not the Worst. Ending. Ever. but definitely bad endings.

Assassin's Creed 3
Star Trek Voyager Finale
Star Wars Republic Commando
Command & Conquer 4
Kane & Lynch 2
Destiny
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Mass Effect 3 (well, this one is probably the Worst. Ending. Ever)
Devil May Cry 2
Far Cry 4

View user profile

53 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Mon May 11, 2015 6:49 am

How is Republic Commando's ending bad?

View user profile

54 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Tue May 12, 2015 6:36 am

First of all, they way how they handled Sev's "disappearance" was pretty bad. Did he die or did he not? We'll never know since you were not allowed to start a rescue mission and a sequel has never been made.

Second of all, they leave you hanging at the end of the game. You have been told that all you have done, has lead up to the battle that is about to start. You are pumped, you are ready to go... and than the credits roll. They didn't even give you the satisfaction to let you experience for what you left Sev behind. It is almost like it did not end, just stopped.

You want to see the Battle of Kashyyyk? Go watch the damn movie. You want to know what happened to Sev? Go play the damn sequel. Which has never been made, by the way.

Don't get me wrong. I had fun, playing this game. But we are talking about the ending here.

This game works fine as a intermediary or chain link between the movies, the series, the comics, etc. It might even have worked as the first of a series of Republic Commando games. But as a stand-alone-game? Nah, weak ending.

Come to think of it: I have two more games for you.

Enter the Matrix: Serves as a chain link between the movies.
Halo 2: Also just stopps and leaves you hanging.

View user profile

55 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Tue May 12, 2015 7:39 am

I wouldn't call that a bad ending though. I'd call it a sequel hook, which is why it's such a shame that there never was either a Republic Commando 2 or Imperial Commando.

I don't hold it against the game because it was designed to have a sequel and there just never was one. That's why I wouldn't call Shenmue II's ending bad either, for example. I'd just be frustrated that there never would be Shenmue III. Very Happy

View user profile

56 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Tue May 12, 2015 9:52 am

Btw just on a side note: If anyone want to "read" a ME 3 kind of ending done right (in my opinion at least) read the Star Trek Destiny Trilogy.

View user profile

57 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Tue May 12, 2015 10:08 am

Theodoricos wrote:I wouldn't call that a bad ending though. I'd call it a sequel hook, which is why it's such a shame that there never was either a Republic Commando 2 or Imperial Commando.

I don't hold it against the game because it was designed to have a sequel and there just never was one. That's why I wouldn't call Shenmue II's ending bad either, for example. I'd just be frustrated that there never would be Shenmue III. Very Happy

I am sorry. I fully understand what you mean. I just don't agree with it.

I don't care what it was supposed to be. If a movie was supposed to be a Blockbuster, do you watch it by default? No. This ending was supposed to be a sequel hook. Well, it's a stand alone game. For me, a sequel hook without a sequel is a crap ending.

Also, it is possible to create a bad sequel hook. That may not be the case here, but still.

I think we simply have to agree to disagree on that matter.

View user profile

58 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Wed May 13, 2015 7:13 pm

Yes, it's too bad they were never able to make a sequel. Supposedly it was going to involve Sev and the founding of the Rebellion somehow. The shitty part is that Karen Travis, the author behind the Republic Commando novels, wanted to continue his story but she was told no. They didn't want to be beholden to her stories if they ever did make a sequel.

View user profile

59 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Mon May 25, 2015 12:13 am

I agree with almost everyone on this. I'm not going to regag what's already been mentioned so I'm going to mention Rogue Galaxy's ending. For the sake of spoilers I'm not going to say anything specific. Almost the entire game is good and the lead up to the final battle is good. But that ending is God-awful to me and still is after I first beat it in 2007.

View user profile

60 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Sun May 31, 2015 12:29 pm

Someone in thread said Fable 2 has a terrible ending.

I gotta say. I can't actually disagree more.

Fable 2 is a flawed game no question, but much of the ire heaped on it (and its predecessor) comes from Peter Molyliar overhyping the crap out of the game (as is his style) and promising stuff that was never going to happen - in my experience this is the case anyway.
The ending however? Was not one of the problems or flaws with that game.

I enjoyed Fable 2 very much. And really really liked the ending.

Yeah it woulda been nice if had been Hammer who killed Lord Lucien, or the PC. Both had a greater stake in the death of that man than Reaver; but Reaver being the one to do it?
Just because Luciens' blathering was irritating him? Was totally in keeping with Reaver being Reaver.

Not everything turned out happy. The PC lost pretty much everything to Lucien by the end, and what he had left (his friends in Hammer, Reaver, and Garth) leaves to pursue their own goals and lives.
It's a bit of a gut punch but I liked it.

I don't want to assume this is the case for the person who said Fable 2 had a bad ending but most people who disliked Fable 2's ending disliked it for one reason only.
It wasn't an Epic Boss Battel where PC could take Screaming Vengeance upon his nemesis.

And I liked that it didn't have a Boss Battle at the end. It was refreshing and different; and completely in keeping with the character of Lucien. I mean Lucien is a Professor Moriarty/Lex Luthor style villian - he doesn't dirty himself by fighting himself, he has his minions do that for him.
The one time he did something like that by himself was when he killed Sparrow's sister, and inadvertently created his greatest enemy. Of course he would avoid that sort of thing.

Having Reaver shoot him was the perfect end for this villian. He was at the heroes' mercy, and while they all had ample reason to want to murder him they would all hesitate (even Evil!PC because killing him like that wouldn't be satisfying enough) except the amoral Reaver.
I think Lucien at the last would be counting on that hesitation to either talk them round, or convince them to let him go, or merely inprison him so he would escape later.
Reaver losing patience and just shooting him was fantastic.

I wish more games would take the risk of having and ending that isn't exactly "happy" and doesn't involve a shoehorned in "Epic" fight.

View user profile

61 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:45 pm

MugWump wrote:That ME3 was a bizarre mix of the sublime and the ridiculous doesn't speak to the myriad ways in which people felt uniquely let down by its ending. In any case - given the point and purpose of this thread - perhaps it's best that we don't call people out for their choices eh?

I think you misperceived my response. I just felt Mass Effect is a default answer to some since it is a popular series (esp for Archengeia viewers), and trying to get ppl to look at the broader picture. Intention wasn't "calling people out", no hate.

Anyway for sake of adding another to "the list" the arcade classic Ghost n' Goblins. The amount of money I remember spending on this game, oy...

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

62 Re: "Worst. Ending. Ever." on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:02 am

Worst, Ending, Ever!!!!
Drawn to Life: the Next Chapter
Neverwinter Nights 2 before Mask of the Betrayer
Mass Effect 3
Heavy Rain
Fable 2
Ghostbusters (NES)
Borderlands
Fallout 3 pre Anchorage
1994's Wolf
Fable 3
School Rumble "third season"
Season 1 of "The Legend of Korra"
Star Ocean 3
Half-Life 2: episode 2
Neon genesis evangelion, The Ending of...????
Death note
Rurouni Kenshin The anime and the manga
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Dead Men Walking
Star Wars Republic Commando
Rogue Galaxy
arcade classic Ghost n' Goblins

Unchampioned mentions!!!!
Lost
Bleach the end of the Aizen arc