» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

So, Hypothetically, Which Story Idea Do You Like Best?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Choose

53% 53% [ 19 ]
14% 14% [ 5 ]
33% 33% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 36

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

I'd say it's self explanatory but it isn't.  I'll explain later, hopefully.  Just had a bit of inspiration the other day, been considering it since.

Edit: I suppose it's not fair to ask people to vote when I'm not explaining so here it is in super brief.  I'm thinking about doing an interactive story idea on the show in the future and I'm debating which of the story ideas currently bouncing around in my head would work well for it so I thought I'd toss the titles at you in a vacuum to see which you like.  In the interests of fairness I won't throw up the poll yet, until I have the time to actually write up a small summary of each.

"But For One": A look at a world that is reaching critical stagnation point, and the journey of a large group of individuals going through it.

"Kingdom of Dirt": Set during The Primes, in Australia, where the Enlightened situation has become more insular and violent.

"Periphery": A group of Imperial Freelancers seek fortune and fame on the outskirts of a newly unveiled galaxy.

Edit mk. 2: No one's asked for further clarifications so I'm going to go ahead and put up the poll.

Last edited by The Lorerunner on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:09 am; edited 4 times in total

View user profile
But For One. It sounds similar to the type of story I'm doing currently for my first video game.

View user profile
Periphery, though it kinda reminds me of ME: Andromeda.

View user profile
I personally like periphery, it seems like the one with the most freedom for the story and interesting to interact with

View user profile
Periphery! Can't go wrong with space exploration.

View user profile
Whichever one has the most obscene amounts of sex and debauchery!

View user profile
I like "But For One". This sounds like a fun idea.

View user profile
So most people like periphery, which is cool as far as space exploration goes... but I am actually most intrigued by the Kingdom of Dirt.

View user profile
Ok I changed my mind to kingdoms of dirt. Xmen/mad max sounds awesome

View user profile
Periphery.

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com
I would choose But for One first, then Periphery second.

View user profile
Tossed a poll up to make it official, if you guys don't mind.

**edit no I didn't copy zgotens post....

View user profile
Oh, forgot to vote in the poll. Done.

View user profile
Tossed my vote in for Periphery.

View user profile
But for One: I instantly got a World of Ruin vibe from the description. I see it be distinctly character focused while the others look more plot-centric. Tho I'm sure anything Arch does has a good chance of being character focused. Either way... I like the sound of this one.

View user profile
"Further information is required."

But For One would seem interesting if I knew what genre it is, and what "critical stagnation" means, "critical" meaning either super important or super bad, and "stagnation" being a halt of progress or something, a condition you don't want anything to be floundering in. It sounds like an event is approaching that will hinder progression of a positive thing worldwide, or impose some oppressive, world-changing condition. Google brings up mostly math and science stuff, which I doubt is relevant to the in-question use of this term. Please just tell me, I can't deal.

View user profile
@Rory: I suppose everything I write is the same genre really (sci fi / fantasy mix) but I get what you're asking. "But For One" is all about character focus on individuals who live on an unconnected world which has had a skewed cultural advancement path where instead of continuing to advance, or having peaks and troughs, or any other normal development they've instead hit a crucial point where they're neither advancing (culturally, technologically, economically, militarily, personally) nor declining. And the whole point of the story is to perceive how individuals interact in a setting where everything is the same shade of grey.

"Kingdom of Dirt", I don't want people to necessarily get the Mad Max vibe from it because it isn't really. For reasons I don't want to spoil, Australia just gets cut off from the rest of the world and has a very unusual situation where instead of the normal ratio of Enlightened to Normals (which is about 1 in a million) it's more like 1 in 10. And really I don't think I need to say anything else about that.

"Periphery" is one I want to talk about the least to save the info, but really you already have the concept. Freelancers are a semi-common thing in The Empire's territories and the story follows a particular crew of them who are heading into a newly opened galaxy. The galaxy is rather old in terms of when it was discovered, but it was under a Cordon until just before the story begins. The crew of the Periphery (the name of their ship) are actually among the first group of people to get there, actually, and they have no idea what they're going to find.

View user profile
Butt For One
I see. Sounds like someone or a group of people (might be the PoV characters, might not be) might later hit upon the idea of solving that problem, provided they've figured out what's wrong. Gosh darn, I want this and I want Peripheral.

View user profile
I've changed my mind to "but for one" seems really interesting and has some nice potential for good stories.

View user profile
I see reasons for all three but I voted for But for One because it seems like the easiest setting to grasp judging based off the short descriptions.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com
"But For One" renamed to "Extolling the Virtues of the Velvet Prison"

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum