» Battle of Scales
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Eye of the Storm
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:36 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:55 pm by SilverDragonRed

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

» House Creation
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:10 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rogue One Trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rogue One Trailer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:39 pm

WOW.... loved it, wasn't very excited for this but now I am.

View user profile

2 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:58 pm

Wow, this looks much better than I expected. I love you
It's disappointing to see people complaining about another female lead though. I guess I shouldn't be suprised.

View user profile

3 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:18 pm

How is the villain? I can already tell he's supposed to be the Thrawn of this story but who plays him?

View user profile

4 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:28 pm

Not Bria. Guess i shouldn't be surprised at this point, seeing how Disney just pissed on Tython.

View user profile

5 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Looks awesome. My one complaint is that there are no aliens, not even in crowd scenes...

Superweapon counter +1

View user profile

6 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:07 pm

I... are they seriously doing a take on Mara Jade's story without the Mara Jade?

7 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:08 pm

Mara who? What are you, one of those old timers that gets his lore from that old Legends thing no one knows about?

View user profile

8 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Looks awesome. I like the shot where the "stars" turn out to be lights on the deathstar.

View user profile

9 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:50 pm

Looks aight. I wonder why everyone was joyriding their star destroyer right next to dangerous construction. OSHA is going to have a fit.

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

10 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:00 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:I... are they seriously doing a take on Mara Jade's story without the Mara Jade?
Welcome to Disney Canon!!! They will steal a character from the old EU and make only superfluous changes.

Like Kyle Katarn to Rebels Kanan.

View user profile

11 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:54 am

I never liked Katarn I actually found him to be a really boring character even tho he was in like some of the best star wars games ever. as for Kanan I don't know his character isn't bad would likely like him more if he wasn't in a kids show(I love rebels but its still a kids show).

View user profile

12 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:58 am

See, this is the probelem when you've blown up 2 Death Stars and a Super Death Star now, the latter of which an hour after you introduced it. These things are not intimidating anymore. I like the trailer otherwise, though. Looking forward to a more grounded Star Wars movie.

View user profile

13 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:21 am

The Lorerunner wrote:I... are they seriously doing a take on Mara Jade's story without the Mara Jade?

How so? Are you referring to her Imperial outfit? It could just be a disguise to get into the Death Star or Imperial base.

View user profile

14 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:01 am

Where did you get the Mara Jade feelings from? I thought the pilot's uniform was more a disguise then a clue she's a imperial agent though. Though I felt they were being Thrawn without Thrawn so *Shrug*

View user profile

15 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:21 am

Spirit of Memory wrote:

Where did you get the Mara Jade feelings from? I thought the pilot's uniform was more a disguise then a clue she's a imperial agent though. Though I felt they were being Thrawn without Thrawn so *Shrug*

I wonder if this will be a way to segue into Thrawn. There is no way this Grand Admiral survives the movie.

View user profile

16 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:25 am

ZGoten wrote:See, this is the probelem when you've blown up 2 Death Stars and a Super Death Star now, the latter of which an hour after you introduced it. These things are not intimidating anymore. I like the trailer otherwise, though. Looking forward to a more grounded Star Wars movie.

I agree and while I know stealing the plans are the driving force of this movie I hope the death star is more of a backround thing and the focus goes to the characters and their struggles with getting said plans.

View user profile

17 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:00 pm

Maz wrote:
Spirit of Memory wrote:

I wonder if this will be a way to segue into Thrawn.  There is no way this Grand Admiral survives the movie.

Highly unlikely I agree especially given that we have Vader in the film.

View user profile

18 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Anyone have any ideas as to whom the cloaked figure is with the Royal Guards? Couldn't be Palpatine because he is bowing, unless he's bowing to Snoke. Doesn't look like Vader either because he's wearing a hood.

Could possibly be a new villain entirely.

View user profile

19 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Mon May 09, 2016 12:41 am

Should be decent, but I feel it's going to be one of those movies you need to see first before judging. I'm looking forward to it.

However I get the feeling pretty soon we'll be getting yearly Star Wars movies like Marvel...then they'll get into crossovers I'm sure, lol.

Just wait until the casuals start debating you in a few years that Luke is a hermit and that he never had a girlfriend.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

20 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Wed May 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Am I the only one who noticed the simiarties between Rey, and the main of this movie?

View user profile

21 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu May 26, 2016 2:26 am

Except the fact that they are both beautiful young women, I haven't seen any similarity between the two characters. Rey is inexperienced in life, while Jyn doesn't seem to be; Rey hasn't fully embraced her role yet, but Jyn's part in the war seems to be clear; Rey has made conscious efforts not to rebel until she was forced to, while Jyn is the complete opposition in that regard; I could go on, but I really don't seen how they are similar, except the fact that they are both strong female characters, but even then, they express it in different ways.

View user profile

22 Re: Rogue One Trailer on Thu May 26, 2016 7:53 am

Calling Rey a 'strong female character' is kinda pushing it. She is a list of character traits, but has yet to develop a lot of character. Probably why Kylo Ren came off worse than what was desired; can't be a foil-type villain against wet cardboard.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum