» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Klimmek's riveting dialogue (Skyrim)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Klimmek's riveting dialogue (Skyrim) on Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:09 am

Rory's Rants: the mountain that rides you hard

I would just like to put this here, my analysis of Klimmek's event dialogue, a character from Skyrim. I really want to get it off my chest to a bunch of people part of an online forum, before I explode.

Some paraphrasing, elf's name not important:

Some elf: "Ah Klimmek. Here at the bridge to the mountain pass to High Hrothgar. You going up?"
Klimmek: "Oh, not today. I'm just not ready. The path isn't safe."
Elf: Aren't the Greybeards expecting supplies?"
Klimmek: "Honestly, I'm not certain. I've yet to be allowed into the monestary. Perhaps one day."
...He says, with a twinkle of hope in his eye.

Klimmek to player: "You going up to Hrothgar? I'm about to make a delivery there myself."

I know what UESP has to say, but here's what's going through my mind during this exchange:

a) Then what are you doing out here on the bridge, you idiot/lying-sack-of-shit?
b) Oh, it's not? I didn't know. Since when has climbing up a mountain ever been safe? Or did you just recently make this discovery after who-knows-how-many deliveries?
c) He says he's "not certain", and says that he hasn't been allowed into the monastery, as if that determines whether he'd ever find out, even though he never goes inside to deliver the damn supplies.
d) And then turns around and tells you he's about to make a delivery, to High Hrothgar, possibly a delivery of supplies.

Not to say I totally can't or won't help out, but here's an idea, why don't you have the town's token beggar help you out? Someone helps you share the load before you pass it on to the next poor sap(assuming the inn is still around by the time the village has dwindled away because no one wants to stay), and it'll put some food on your once-beggar friend's table and help him forget about [BLANK].

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum