Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Personal history with Star Wars.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Personal history with Star Wars. on Fri May 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Hi everyone. I thought this was a great idea for a post.

What is your personal history with the Star Wars franchise? What got you into it, how you feel about it, it's story/lore, etc.

If you would like to share then please feel free. Write as little or as much as you'd like. Smile

Here's a video I did detailing (in as brief detail as I could) my history of Star Wars.

View user profile

2 Re: Personal history with Star Wars. on Fri May 20, 2016 8:10 pm

I first seen Star Wars as a little kid(around 5 I believe), seen Return of the Jedi first and was completely blown away by the space battle of Endor(to this day I feel like it hasn't been topped) I then watched Empire 2nd, followed by A New Hope many many years later. Well that is why I am a Star Wars fan, as for other history perhaps I will return to this thread after I can think of a way to put it into words but its not all that vast to be honest, yea I've played 90% of the video games and read a few of the EU(now legends books) but I still don't really have a whole ton to talk about, that I can think of at least.

View user profile

3 Re: Personal history with Star Wars. on Sat May 21, 2016 5:38 am

I don't remember seeing Star Wars for the first time. I must have been like 4, or something along those lines. I definiately loved it. Every Star Wars movie I have watched since then for the first time was in theaters - prequel trilogy and TFA. I was not super-fan all the time. I had moments, when other things occupied my mind. In elementary school, it was Pokemon (I started going into school about the time Pokemon got really popular in Poland). Then there was Tolkien and more of fantasy. Then, around high school, I basicly became huge fan of horror movies, them becoming my favourite genre. Still, love for Star Wars remained. Now, I am more focused on video gaming in general, with hopes of becoming a programmer myself. Still, Star Wars are a huge part of my life.

I guess the absolute most important moment for me as a fan, was buying Kotor 2. It was literally the first rpg I have bought in my life. It was a big moment for me. I loved the game, although I didn't get any of the lines it had in it. Only after my fourth playthrough I finally understood what the hell was going on - for the record, I sometimes could play this game few times in a row. It is what got me into Star Wars EU, which basicly truly started my huge love for Star Wars, which was nothing compared to what I felt afterwards.

I have read a lot of EU, although far less then majority. Granted, I try to pick up the chase. Hand of Thrawn duology next in the line.

View user profile

4 Re: Personal history with Star Wars. on Sat May 21, 2016 11:56 am

I don't have a whole lot to add, as it echoes everyone else, but i'll just say that with how many times I watched Return of the Jedi, I'm surprised that the VHS tape didn't break. It's easily my most watched film, and remains my favourite of the series.

Ranking the films, before TFA, my least to most favourite were chronological: 1-6. Now I have to reassess. I'll have to watch the series and TFA in particular a couple more times, but tentatively i'm placing it in between New Hope and Empire.

View user profile

5 Re: Personal history with Star Wars. on Sat May 21, 2016 9:43 pm

Return of the Jedi came out the year I was born, 1983. I was never fortunate enough to see the movie when it came out in theaters being too young, but fortunate enough to see the movies while the movies still got a lot of buzz (I think I even saw a re-airing of the X-Mas special, lol).

My parents had the movie channel in the 70's and 80's and would tape soooo many movies like 60 VHS tapes full of stuff (usually 3-4 movies per tape) so in my infant years I use to watch unedited version of all 3 Star Wars movies over, and over and, over. I use to say to my mom "I wanna watch the Jabba the Hutt movie" all the time I remember. And the toys at the time also had a special place in my heart. My grandma who died when I was really young I remember bought me the Jabba the Hutt set and Ewok village AND gave me ice cream so she def spoiled me. And I remember freaking out like the n64 kid in what I remember as my favorite Christmas when I was 5 to open up the Millennium Falcon. I was spoiled no doubt since at the time I was an only child, and my parents were together and working and we lived in a small house so they could spoil me more.

Regardless Star Wars is my favorite movie of all time, as a kid it was Return of the Jedi, as an adult I like Empire Strikes Back, I think in High School I liked A New Hope because of the first Star Wars card game made lot of references to it. But I clump all 3 together. I even remember in my English class teacher let us watch Star Wars and then quiz'd us on stuff and I seemed to be the only one that knew what an Imperial Class Star Destroyer was or AT-AT, AT-ST etc. since I either had cards, or toys of them along with seeing the movies too many times.

In late 90's I received Special Edition for X-Mas, I'm like it's cool to see the movies in better quality, but didn't like the changes to the original except for the battle of Yavin. I remember watching behind the scenes stuff since Internet was gaining ground on the Star Wars website, found it awesome there was a huge encyclopedia for lot of the things (before Wiki).

Phantom Menace then hit theaters and I went with my great aunt who is also big Star Wars fan and we enjoyed it for what it was, not nearly like the originals and yes I can't stand Jar Jar among other nit picky things, but I just enjoyed it as movie with my aunt type deal. Didn't goto Theaters for episode 2 and 3.

However, I did manage to make sure I drove out of town so I could catch the Force Awakens and bought a supersize mug with Kylo-Ren toy on top who at the time I thought was Luke Skywalker since he was missing in the poster, lol and ate popcorn which I wasn't suppose to due to my health issues and I had low funds but it was a treat for me because Star Wars will always be special to me as it is to many of you. I enjoyed the start, really enjoyed the middle and then felt it fell short on the end to me, maybe that's because I had to hold in a pee for the last hr + of the movie, lol...

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

6 Re: Personal history with Star Wars. on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:50 pm

I remember very bits and peices of the details of how I got into it. I think I was around either 5 or 6 years old when I was just hanging out on my parents room. Then I saw a movie called "Star Wars" on the VHS tape collection. I was like "What is that?" So my mom got it setup cause I was too young to understand how things work. So I saw it with my mom and it was an amazing flim. Ever since I saw it, I been rewatching it over and over and over again. I lost track of how many times I over watch it but it had to be at least 100 times in a row. Then my mom said "You're gonna ware out the tape if you keep this up, so lets watch Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi". At first I gave an addiute cause I thought they would suck. After watching Empire I actually hated it at first reaction cause of how everything wasn't hopefull. So after seeing Jedi I had mix feelings about it cause I wasn't sure if I liked it or didnt like it cause of how they change the characters. I went back and resee Star Wars just to get rid of those movies out of my mind lol. Over time though I actually begin to like the entire trilogy, even though it was not right away, but eventually grown to like them.

Then around Chirstmas of 1998 I think got the N64 consle so I can play Star Wars Rouge Squadron. I actually had a good time with it. I remembering that I keept dieing cause of how challenging it was. My dad yelled at me at one point for not doing the game right x-x... But other than that small bit I had it was fun reguardless. So years went by and got quite a few video games so I became a video gammer at that point. Then I got even more Star Wars video games cause I just cannot get enough of Star Wars. Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Battlefront, Battlefront 2, etc were some of the titles that I got over the years. So by playing a bunch of these video games, I have a better understanding how EU kinda works in timeline and characters. I was not personally a book or reader person so having all of these types of video games helped alot.

With TFA being released recently I honestly thought that movie was good. Sure yeah its not the best flim out there, but compare to the prequels, I do think its better. Prequels in my opion didn't fully suck, some stuff were great in it, but overall it was just a mess in terms of story telling and character devlopment. TFA pretty much passes that in my book.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/soraroxas123456789

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum