» September 30: Underale
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild discuss

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild discuss on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:24 am

yesterday Nintendo did a live gameplay session all explore the demo area that we were allowed to see which is from the very start of the game of link awaking up in a cave and exiting to open world ready to explore, they covered in those session combat, cooking, sheikah slate which Archengeia said the Wii u table, the new amiblo and the add function of the wolf link amiblo that we got with the twilight princess.

the demo area was Hyrule plateau that had two environments a temperate zone and cold mountain. temperature is now a factor in the over world with night be cold than the day and link having to wear warm clothes to go up the cold mountain or cook spicy food for cold resistance for a time period.

the only building of significance is a ruin temple of time (insert lore speculation here). the next building were the shines in the demo area there are four shine to play with this shine on completion give the sheikah slate abilities the runes are bombs in two versions block and round, stasis that freezes an object for a short period of time, a magnet and ice pillars. these runes are used to solve puzzles everywhere in the world. after completing a shine you collect a spirit orb that will have a use in the full game but in the demo it gives the player was given the sail cloth like the one in skyward sword. also the sheikah tablet can mark point on the map plus scan foe to see their health and to see thing in the distance.

the combat had four weapon sets you have bows and arrows, swords, clubs and shields, hammers and axes and spears. each have their own move set a power attack. the stamina system is back and better with the stamina you have roughly three levels of power attack to unleashed this use up the stamina, there are potion that can restore stamina. if you have good timing you can do a flurry off attack against a foe or with a bow you have more time to line up a perfect shot. the weapon have states as well as durability once out the item breaks. clothing also have states and effect i.e the warm clothes make you cold resistance. we have many types of arrow ones that i have seen in the demo are fire and bomb they also arch.

link has more freedom to move around, he can jump at a button press, able to scale rough walls and cliffs this use stamina so climbing now be come a puzzles itself.

there are item to collect range form mob drop to minerals and gems. using an axes you can fell tree to make bridge or make fire wood. kill mob in area unlock a chest that they were guarding.

this all i can remember from the demo that was shown yesterday if i have missed anything please post

View user profile
Worth noting that after Arches stream ended they showed that you can start fires in grass and that large fires will create updrafts for your sail. Also you can use your shield as a snowboard.

View user profile
Cooking looks amazing (basically straight out of Paper Mario in format). Also, they all but confirmed there will be towns/npcs on the Plateau, which were removed from the demo to avoid story spoilers.

Also the mere fact that they're dodging story spoilers so hard says one of two things to me. 1: They're idiots and are over-reacting, and the game has almost no story. Or 2: The game has a heavy story focus.

When they got to the peak of a tall mountain and showed off the horizon, I could make out the silhouette of another mountain with a ring of smoke around it. Looks like Death Mountain.

Enemy designs look pretty fun. Skeletons still attack when dismembered, and reform. You can even take their severed arm and beat them with it..#forkids
Cool looking boss/miniboss that looks alot like Thardus from Metroid Prime.

Snowboarding. Awesome.

Some cool synergy going on with the runes and tools. There was a point in the demo they used a magnetize tool to pick up an axe they had and launch it at an enemy. And another point where they used stasis to freeze an object, then continually whack at it while in stasis, and when it unfroze it launched forward from all the built up energy. Pretty cool.

"Also the mere fact that they're dodging story spoilers so hard says one of two things to me. 1: They're idiots and are over-reacting, and the game has almost no story. Or 2: The game has a heavy story focus."

I hope its not the former. And I hope the shrines have more lore significance to this setting.

View user profile
The Lorerunner wrote:Cooking looks amazing (basically straight out of Paper Mario in format).  Also, they all but confirmed there will be towns/npcs on the Plateau, which were removed from the demo to avoid story spoilers.

Also the mere fact that they're dodging story spoilers so hard says one of two things to me.  1: They're idiots and are over-reacting, and the game has almost no story.  Or 2: The game has a heavy story focus.

I would be really sad if it had no story, but they said they are going to show more Lore and Story(or was it just Lore? Shocked ) later so here's hopping Neutral
The game itself and what we saw makes me really want to just loose myself and explore every hidden spot in it so at least i am sure of that! Razz

View user profile
I've zero interest in this game but watching you guys revel in the reveal during Arch's stream was an absolute joy.

View user profile
I'm sure the major story elements will be held at Hyrule Castle. But admittedly it's the only thing Im worried about. Hopefully Nintendo pulls it off. The game is a huge risk.

View user profile
Oh yeah. Koroks are also back.

Wind Wakerrrrrrrrrr

View user profile
Is this a gush topic? Because I wasn't in chat so I haven't gotten to really gush to anyone yet. Ok guys, I'm gonna gush.

It was really an amazing presentation. I came to it with only marginal interest and a hopeful curiosity, but I was squealing from pretty much the first second (voice acting?! Game begins with Link walking out of a magi-tech stasis chamber?! Whoa!). The tablet powers have tremendous potential (INFINITE BOMBS?! SERIOUSLY?!). Even just the few we saw like the magnet power and the time-stop look like they'll be tons of fun for puzzles, combat, and just messing around with. The weapons system is odd, but weapons are so abundant that I think it could work. It basically prevents you from using one or two weapons all the time, since they're always breaking and you can only carry a very limited number of them, and it introduces a new element of strategy not only in terms of what to use on who but of inventory management (what weapons to keep, what to sacrifice, what to use sparingly so it doesn't break). I'm excited to see stats, just to see what it'll be like. But I think I'm most interested in the survival and Minecraft aspects. Stopping for the night, making a campfire, cooking dinner, whittling a +5 bonus into my pitchfork while keeping a lookout for monsters, and deciding when to go to sleep sounds like it would be really cool in a Zelda overworld - and extremely immersive. I bet it's very easy to RP in this one. I may really have to play this, and coming from someone who hasn't owned a console since the Gamecube that's really saying something.

And holy crap the fire mechanics. Fujibayashi, please make sure I have a massively overpowered fire rod by the end of the game so I can spend hours playing with the fire mechanics. I think I'd like to do a naked pyro run where my primary goal is to burn the planet down. (EDIT: YES!!!) Everything probably regenerates when you leave the area though. Hopefully the trees regrow very slowly.

And I really hope there's a big freedom point at the end where your glider gets the ability to ascend effortlessly so you can just fly around the world, enjoying the view and exploring to your heart's content. And throw in something that effectively removes the stamina meter while we're dreaming. Maybe as a reward for 100%ing the big sidequest. It'd be the first good one we've had since Fierce Deity.

Yes, I realize these limits are a nice way to avoid having to put invisible walls around the world, but screw elegant design. I want my airship!

The Lorerunner wrote:Also the mere fact that they're dodging story spoilers so hard says one of two things to me.  1: They're idiots and are over-reacting, and the game has almost no story.  Or 2: The game has a heavy story focus.

It might be more a case of them conserving ammo. We've got nearly a year to wait with not much else coming out that we know of, so maybe they want to save the story reveal for another occasion when they feel like they need to present something. Maybe to supplement the NX announcement, since this is sure to be a launch title, or shortly before release to reignite hype.

The non-linear nature of the gameplay and the fact that they said much of the story will be pieced together by paying attention to the background suggests to me that plot events will be sparse. I would be thrilled if instead they just designed a narrative with lots of small branches depending on what order you do the dungeons in, so that the story offers as much replay value as the gameplay itself, but that's probably too much to hope for.

Last edited by Frieza2000 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fire rod confirmed)

View user profile
What's amazing about their showcase is how new and fresh it feels for the series, since they are adding all these mechanics, while still 100% feeling like a Zelda game. That being said I do agree with the Lorerunner in that a game with this kind of ambition and these many systems having to work together can easily fail if you don' do it right. So I'll remain a little bit cautious.

View user profile
The Lorerunner wrote:Cooking looks amazing (basically straight out of Paper Mario in format).  Also, they all but confirmed there will be towns/npcs on the Plateau, which were removed from the demo to avoid story spoilers.

Also the mere fact that they're dodging story spoilers so hard says one of two things to me.  1: They're idiots and are over-reacting, and the game has almost no story.  Or 2: The game has a heavy story focus.

Something tells me the game is highly story focused. I think for the E3 presentation they wanted to show off gameplay that Zelda fans will enjoy/appreciate and also show off the world. It really seemed like they wanted to show off how they changed the formula to the standard Zelda 3D game and brought the game back to its roots (the first Legend of Zelda).

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum