» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Babylon 5 Rumination: Signs and Portents

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Babylon 5 Rumination: Signs and Portents on Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:08 pm

Been enjoying the Babylon 5 ruminations recently, now all caught up to Season 1 episode 22 rumination

First off, I've seen all B5 multiple times, as so it very good to see someone take on the task to dissecting it on camera.

I think however a good opportunity to delve more into the methos in the B5 universe was missed in the S1e13 Signs and Portents rumination. It seemed obvious to me that more was being alluded to in the episode about Morden, and 'his' apparent ability to get the ambassadors to divulge more than they initially wanted. Clues such as the crescendo music just around the time of asking 'what do you want', and Delenn's reaction and 'vision'...possibly some grey council training, or being slightly telepathic herself.

I guess nothing was mentioned at the time to avoid spoilers, because later the shadows certainly demonstrate very distinct and very powerful 'psychic' abilities.

Still it would be good to see a little more linking the breadcrumbs laid down in the story, at least as far as the present episode being ruminated allows.

View user profile

2 Re: Babylon 5 Rumination: Signs and Portents on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:56 pm

I plan to bring such things up later, provided I remember of course (I'm not exactly perfect, hah) but one thing I want to discuss was... IF there were psychic powers involved. If it wasn't just a perfectly crafted ideological question? Especially given that the Vorlons and Shadows both have their own ideologies built into their questions.

3 Re: Babylon 5 Rumination: Signs and Portents on Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:01 am

The Lorerunner wrote:I plan to bring such things up later, provided I remember of course (I'm not exactly perfect, hah) but one thing I want to discuss was... IF there were psychic powers involved.  If it wasn't just a perfectly crafted ideological question?  Especially given that the Vorlons and Shadows both have their own ideologies built into their questions.

If you do, I'm leaning more in the direction of these being an actual mental ability, and more empathic than telepathic in nature ..to dicuss my reasoning I'd have to get into spoilers

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum