» Turn 6-1069
Yesterday at 11:30 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:43 pm

It really sucks that the series is ending, even though I know why it is. Arche has to look towards the future of his channel and his income, and there is no point in continuing a series that isn't doing well. It still hurts though. Now I only have only one feature to look forwards to, and that is the Ruminations. I dont know anything about Primus, Babylon 5 or Star Trek. I honeslty dont know why I wrote this. I guess thats all I got. Eh. -_-

View user profile

2 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:19 pm

You can always learn something new. the Story Thus far is about Primus and it's dual campaigns. It'll get you up to speed, and you can watch the Concerning Primus stuff to get more lore. It's the reason Arche made those two series. You make your own future, and idly accepting it will make you even more depressed. Trust me, I know from experience. Learn something new, do something silly, just don't sit around hating yourself, okay?

View user profile

3 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:23 pm

Thanks Deustch I feel better now than I did when I posted this. At the end of the day it is what it is. I want Arche to be successful, and it doesn't make sense to keep around a series that isn't doing well. It was fun while it lasted though. Very Happy

View user profile

4 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback Lava. Seriously, honest feedback is surprisingly hard to come by, I usually have to go by numbers. It's a shame, I was looking forward to the New Vegas Roleplay.

5 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:26 am

I might as well input my feedback as well.....
I am not sad it is gone, however I loved the idea of the series just the average 1 hour episodes felt to long for me and it wasn't something I could just listen to like Arche's other youtube shows. Also well love the idea was never a fan of the loreruns. I did enjoy watching the KotoR lorerun, but that was because of it being KoToR. The issue with the loreruns for me is the presentation Arche interacts with chat etc and as a youtube viewer that takes away from the meat of the show for me, I would love to have it done with Arche playing solo and just talking about the lore as he plays or at least try one like that but I also feel selfish asking for something like that because I get the impression that the people that enjoyed the series mostly enjoyed it because of interacting in chat on twitch.

View user profile

6 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:56 pm

I'm curious how many people would've been interested in a roleplay, just not one in Fallout. I loved the Oblivion roleplay, but I haven't gotten into the Fallout one because I'm kind of meh about Fallout. I know not a lot of games lend themselves to that kind of storytelling, but I'd be sad to see roleplays gone forever.

View user profile

7 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:08 pm

In response to ZeroCool; I tried the 'solo Lorerun' format but didn't really get much positive feedback about it. The early Then & Now series consisted of that style, with Earthbound, Zelda 1, Zelda 2. I polled the viewers back then about doing more solo Loreruns without Third, but the response was universally negative.

And just since it doesn't matter now, here's the full list of games I had on the block for Roleplays; New Vegas (intended to be next), Skyrim (didn't want to but it's available at least), and Dragon Age.

8 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:00 pm

Aw Sad a Dragon Age roleplay sounds like a lot of fun.

View user profile

9 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:25 pm

thanks for the reply Arche, I guess they would end up being like the Ruminations anyway and those are my favorite of your work Smile

Also yes a Dragon Age roleplay sounds a lot of fun.

View user profile

10 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:48 pm

The Zelda videos are the best. I wag my finger at all of you.

View user profile

11 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:48 pm

well I have had the A Link to the Past video playing for an hour now so good sadly I don't see how this could be poorly received Sad

View user profile

12 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:11 am

I had a discussion about this with Pax and am considering doing something to continue the Roleplay series. Seriously thinking about rebranding it too, though at the same time that might be needlessly complicated.

See, to me, the Roleplay series has never been about roleplaying, creatively (as weird as that sounds). The entire challenge and enjoyment has been the creative fun of trying to write a story within the framework of a very defined, existing story. A sort of episodic pseudo TV series. But I can't think of a term to call that without making it stupid so I might stick with Roleplay. EITHER way I'm going to try the new thing before quitting completely.

13 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:09 am

The Lorerunner wrote:I had a discussion about this with Pax and am considering doing something to continue the Roleplay series.  Seriously thinking about rebranding it too, though at the same time that might be needlessly complicated.

See, to me, the Roleplay series has never been about roleplaying, creatively (as weird as that sounds).  The entire challenge and enjoyment has been the creative fun of trying to write a story within the framework of a very defined, existing story.  A sort of episodic pseudo TV series.  But I can't think of a term to call that without making it stupid so I might stick with Roleplay.  EITHER way I'm going to try the new thing before quitting completely.

Well as I said earlier on stream, I am sad it is going, but I am glad you are continuing it in some way. I do understand that it's been a thing you've been talking about before and have considered in the past, and it makes sense why you would do so. I don't want you to get the idea that I am being.... kind about it. I am honestly sad that it will be discontinued, it's a fun series that I watch every time it comes out. I do hope you can at the least have a day of rest, and hobbyism. You deserve it.

View user profile

14 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:09 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:I can't think of a term to call that without making it stupid so I might stick with Roleplay.

How about "In-character Let's Play" or "In-character Run"? You can never have enough types of runs.

View user profile

15 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:42 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense to start the new format with the NV roleplay? I don't see many new people tuning in at episode 35 of a series even if the episodes are shorter, the downside of continuity and whatnot.

also every episode should end on a cliffhanger, just sayin
also screw Matthew, let Archengonian go to NV instead
there are mods
probably

View user profile

16 Re: My thoughts on the Rolplay Series ending on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:59 am

Just wanted to add that while I've never watched the Fallout RP, the Minecraft RP is actually one of my favorite features. If I were more invested in the Fallout setting I would probably watch that too.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum