Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Yesterday at 3:39 am by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm by Crensler

» Turn 2-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Mass Effect 3, Your Edition
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 pm by Braigwen

» Turn 12-1068
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 pm by wolfking2k

» Player Houses
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Battle of Scales
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:52 am by SilverDragonRed

» Good morning!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:41 pm by Galtori

» We started a Discord chatroom for the community. It's free to boot!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:14 am by Chatterbox1991

You are not connected. Please login or register

My computer needs help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My computer needs help. on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:31 pm

So this computer of mine is fairly new, not even two years old yet, but it's been acting up for some time now.
I suspect it's got something to do with the new harddrive I installed a while back. My computer didn't come with alot of space. Just over 100G.
I bought this new ½ terabyte SSD and installed it. I now have two harddrives with some 600G in total.

Now I get messages from my computer everytime I play a game and keep google chrome up in the background. I'll translate what it says:

"Close programs to prevent loss of information.
Your computer has little available memory.
Save your files and close these programs"

It then shows me the name of the game I'm currently playing.

I didn't have this problem before. It used to tell me I didn't have enough memory to install new games, but never did it tell me it didn't have enough memory to run a game and google chrome at the same time.

I bet some of you are facepalming so hard at me I should be able to hear it in a couple of hours because you know something obvious I do not.
I only know enough about computers to install and play games, and use the internet. I'm completely useless at anything else related to computers.

Any help would be appreciated, cus I'm not gonna be smart enough to figure this out myself.

View user profile

2 Re: My computer needs help. on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:53 pm

Well, when something goes wrong, my first inclination is to google it. copy the error message into google, and go from there. Very few tech people know offhand many things that just magically fix the problem, often, we google things.

View user profile

3 Re: My computer needs help. on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:18 pm

My first inclination is to ask people I'm familiar with. Google would come later if needed. I don't usually look forward to clicking a bunch of links that take me to forumpages and whatnot to maybe find an answer to my problem. Rolling Eyes

Well, this time I might've been lucky. Found a thread where someone had the same problem. Hopefully their advice will work. Just restarted my computer.

View user profile

4 Re: My computer needs help. on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Did it work, and was that the first thing you tried?

View user profile

5 Re: My computer needs help. on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:51 pm

First thing I'd do is check that windows or whatever is detecting all the RAM you're supposed to have. If you have more than one stick it's possible one isn't sitting right after installing the SSD, just a guess.

View user profile

6 Re: My computer needs help. on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:39 pm

So far, I've had no messages. They informed me on how to adjust how much RAM the computer can use. For some reason it was set to one gig maximum. My computer actually has 16, so I increased it.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum