» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:08 am by Luslanz

You are not connected. Please login or register

So a man wandered into a Forum...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 So a man wandered into a Forum... on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:29 pm

Hello there. Perhaps this is the wrong place, but the Forums don't have descriptions (that I could find.) I am here to introduce myself, again I suppose; I was briefly posting on the first Forum Arch setup under the same name. I have been watching Arch for a long time, before the Mass Effect 3 rumination, but sometime after the his first Final Fantasy VI rumination, all 5 hours of it. In fact, what first brought me here was looking for videos of people actually discussing FFVI, not just reviewing, and I found Arch's video, over an hour long, and I thought this obviously had something to say about the game. This was at a time, though this was only my subjective memory, when not that many people were talking about FFVI seriously, other than to get into hissy fits over whether it or FFVII was "the best game ever" and what villain could kick what villain’s ass, which does seem beside the point: I do not recall Dryden or Johnson getting into fights with their peers over whether Iago could beat up Macbeth. But I digress. I come here because I believe Arch has cultivated a community who tend to talk to rather than at each other, who discuss rather than scream inanely at each other, and who will probably not insult me if they disagree with me, a thing I find lacking in most other “Forums” upon the net.

I should hope we will have some interesting discussions in the following months, and perhaps years.

View user profile

2 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:49 pm

Let me be the first to welcome you, I'm sure Arch will pop his head in to say hello. We do like discussing stuff, the streams he has is were you'll find the most discussion. Always civil I promise, well 99.9% of the time.

View user profile

3 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:05 pm

Yes well, I have been lurking a while, and I don't recall anyone calling each other by their genitals.

View user profile

4 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:34 pm

I heard a rumor someone posted here. And lo, it were true! Hello, and welcome to the forum. Spoilery discussions are up there, regular topics down here, and the popcorn is right around the corner.

5 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:54 pm

@The Lorerunner
Perhaps you will remember me. Long ago, when you where still posting Q&A videoon youtube, I asked how much you like classical literature.

View user profile

6 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:25 pm

Welcome newcomer.

If you want, this community also has a Discord channel called Friends of Arche. Feel free to drop by to chat. Smile

View user profile

7 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:23 am

Welcome to the imperium. Like Spirit of Memory said, this is a great community, we're always friendly and civil ... unless I'm in the chat, so watch out for that! But yeah, if you're looking for somewhere where games are not just reviewed but analyzed and discussed in-depth among people with similar interests, you've absolutely come to the right place!

View user profile

8 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:38 am

Welcome to the forums Very Happy everyone here is nice and respectful, so feel free to discuss whatever without consequences, unless Archengeia decides to declare martial law or something Laughing

View user profile

9 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:15 am

Hmmm... martial law... tempting

10 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:33 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:Hmmm... martial law... tempting
sshhh you will scare newcomers Twisted Evil

View user profile

11 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:48 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:Hmmm... martial law... tempting

Private Spirit reporting to help you in Operation Bellhammer sir!

View user profile

12 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Under a forum coup, who of us winds up being Trotsky and living in internet exile, presumably wandering from forum to forum, and leading the Fourth International of Gaming?

Last edited by Reddbane on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

View user profile

13 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:08 pm

I suppose that would be Syldir's job...

14 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Should we start calling him Snowball already?

View user profile

15 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:55 pm

Welcome Reddbane! Your avatar reminds me a bit of the original TOM from Toonami, or Bomberman. What is it?

Spirit of Memory wrote:Private Spirit reporting to help you in Operation Bellhammer sir!

Ok, so I keep meaning to ask this. What the heck is Operation Bellhammer? Is it a reference to a show, or one of Arch's inventions?

View user profile

16 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:17 pm

Well, I finally got my answer on the Halloween stream. Know only that when the hammer strikes, you can count on the full support of the Frieza Force.

View user profile

17 Re: So a man wandered into a Forum... on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:42 am

Frieza2000 wrote:Welcome Reddbane! Your avatar reminds me a bit of the original TOM from Toonami, or Bomberman. What is it?

Regulus/Bulzeeb from the N64 Bomberman games. People have played the first game, but "The second Attack" is a bit of a hidden gem, cool music (by the guy who did Chrono Trigger), character designs, and two player co-op for the main campaign. It's super expensive to get a copy these days, but I was lucky enough to buy the game when it first came out, so I have the cartridge and the original manual, plus later I was able to download the full soundtrack. These days the easiest way to play is through an emulator, which I recommend; it's a high point for the series. If you have a buddy, it's pretty fun to play through the story together, though the second player doesn't use bombs.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum