Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Yesterday at 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:01 pm

So I’ve been combing the internet for art of fantasy Dwarves and one of the odd things I’ve noticed is, after hundreds upon hundreds of paintings, sketches, pictures, I’ll be arsed if I can find one with a beard but without a mustache.  It doesn’t matter if their carrying axes, hammers, guns, or steamtech, if they’re angry, happy, menacing, evil, good, whatever, they all have the full face beard combo.  Now, normally I wouldn’t even think about this, but the reason I’m looking for art is to replace the default portrait of Korgan in BG2EE, our favorite evil dwarf with the grey braided beard and clear lip.  I’ve been modding my game to replace most of the wonky portraits with high-quality alternatives, usually with fan art (which there is few of for Korgan) but really anything that resembles the original characters.  (for example here is some pretty cool artwork I found for Viconia:

)

So I figured I’d ask here, does anyone know any artwork I could use to replace Korgan?

For reference, here is the sod's ugly mug:

Last edited by Reddbane on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

View user profile

2 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:28 pm

This one could work if you don't mind the eye

View user profile

3 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:46 am

I might have something I have gigabytes of pictures of various fantasy stuff etc...
I'll look tomorrow its late now I'm off to bed was just checking the forums before I sleep Razz

View user profile

4 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:39 pm

this is all I was able to come up with but I don't think you would want to use it

View user profile

5 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:08 pm

Have you checked here, it improves the portraits, and there is also a second mod with many portraits maybe you will find something there, also check Pillars of eternity nexus page for extra portrait mods, but they will need resize i think.

View user profile

6 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:03 pm

I was going to link Varric as a joke but shrug. I share your pain though, I spent ages getting portraits back in BG and NWN.

7 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:05 pm

oh I never thought of the nexus they have improved portraits for all of the old bioware games

View user profile

8 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:47 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:I was going to link Varric as a joke but shrug.  I share your pain though, I spent ages getting portraits back in BG and NWN.
Portraits are awesome but you always have to find the perfect one for your characters it's maddening bounce  Speaking of portraits i was watching Tyranny stream yesterday and i saw some really nice companion portraits, and of course the game is looking really sweet.

View user profile

9 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:41 am

You know you've reached an odd point in your life when you have a SD card filled with over a thousand pictures of Fantasy Dwarves (and only five of them have chin curtains).

View user profile

10 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:33 am

Reddbane wrote:You know you've reached an odd point in your life when you have a SD card filled with over a thousand pictures of Fantasy Dwarves (and only five of them have chin curtains).
Well i have in my storage drive a folder filled with fantasy art that i picked for my collection in the many years of exploring the internet, everyone has a folder with weird stuff they collected tongue

View user profile

11 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:03 pm

hey look i found a bunch of dwarfs with no mustache

View user profile

12 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:36 am

Luslanz wrote:hey look i found a bunch of dwarfs with no mustache

I suppose Korgan is a bit like Grumpy, if he killed people more often. Although I think the dwarves were heading toward a "Last House on the Left" conclusion with the witch, if she hadn't crushed herself with a rock.

View user profile

13 Re: Looking for Dwarf Art for Baldur's Gate on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:20 am

Hmmm... maybe some Diablo 3 Barbarian Fanart could pass for Korgan.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum