» Turn 9-1068
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Trailer

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Star Wars Trailer on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:20 pm

Hi all,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK1xh0CeeDc

I'm hoping Arche will have the time to do a video response to it. Because I know he wants to!

View user profile http://www.mattcrotts.com

2 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 pm

hope arche talks more about it then the last one this trailer made me tear up i haven't been more excited for a movie ever

View user profile

3 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Looks good. Though most of that is due to John Williams. Harrison Ford just seems... tired.

But odds are I'll enjoy the movie. After what JJ did to Trek, my expectations are pretty damn low. But apparently JJ actually likes Star Wars, so here's hoping.

View user profile

4 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:42 am

Before the trailer I was more on the side of indifference based on what was in the 1st teaser, but after seeing this one, I'm now HOYPED!

Despite the short footage, there is a TON to speculate. I'm liking what I see so far.

View user profile

5 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:15 am

If Revan time travels into the present, which would result in significant changes to the timeline that they have expressed desire to do. It would also completely restore my faith in the new Star Wars movies.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ZsvZWHyOVhATBhVKT-DWw?view_as

6 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:20 am

The_Real_Shurue wrote:If Revan time travels into the present, which would result in significant changes to the timeline that they have expressed desire to do. It would also completely restore my faith in the new Star Wars movies.

that could be pretty cool but I'd like to see new characters also i just seen this and omg that droid is awesome hated it in the first trailer but wow the way it moves etc looks so cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABzjUf3E_0c

View user profile

7 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:11 am

How does time travel of all things restore your faith in the new movies? If it's -actually- Revan, I'll be disappointed that they have to recycle old ideas and change them, instead of coming up with new ones, just like George did... (just compare dialogue and scenes from Clones and Empire, you'll start noticing a few things...)

View user profile

8 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:27 am

For the first time ever I think, I actually feel like the target audience for this trailer: the old fans who grew up with the series.

When Han says "we're home" at the end, that's exactly how I felt. This 2 minute trailer felt more like Star Wars (to me at least) than any moment of the 8 hours of prequels did.

I acknowledge that I'm simply falling for the nostalgia trap, but I can't help feeling really excited for this film now Wink

View user profile

9 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:36 am

I am so worried about this movie, it looks good but. Am I the only one who thinks it looks to fresh. It doesn't have the same kind of beaten down atmosphere that the original had.

I think it will be an okay movie, what I am more interested in is episode 8. Because it can only up or down from episode 7 and I hope its up.

View user profile

10 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:02 am

I too am excited to see Star Wars: John Boyega Sweats and Pants.

View user profile http://thethirdgames.com

11 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:34 am

if disney achieved anything on their way as a big corp, they made me and few others not really care about starwars. as shocking as it may sound and it sounds very shocking to the kid in me that grew up with starwars and could talk every line of the flicks.
when i watched fanboys i found it a tragedy that the poor kid went through all the trouble just to watch ep1.

but i guess someone has to do the unhyped neutral critique of the new starwars movies :3

View user profile

12 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:15 am

Honestly the tidbits I shared during yesterday's stream are all I have to say about the new trailer. Gave my predictions, noticed some details about the ships because I'm a ship enthusiast, commented on what I think the production staff are doing with regards to leaving the door open, and honestly that's it. Though I found it hilarious that Sis, knowing almost nothing about the EU, was instantly like "That's Revan!"

13 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:13 am

No way. Will check this out later. You're not telling me one of my faves is in the new Star Wars trailer? Not sure how to feel about it but man if they pull it off ...

View user profile

14 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:43 am

This is the trailer! colour me intrigued .... Is that Revan? A certain breaking bad meme comes to mind: "you're god damn right."

View user profile

15 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:49 pm

I only know the 6 movies and the Kotor/Swtor games.

So anyone know/guess who the narrator is?  I dont think its Luke since it sounds too young and I know Solo has a son and daughter but he's not a force user so I'm stumped.

View user profile

16 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:27 pm

Has it been clarified that they are dipping into the already established eu about the skywalker and solo kids? I know they had a bit of freedom to choose. Similar to me venters, but I've read the darth bane trilogy. Its great. Tried the first of the highly regarded thrawn books, but couldn't get into it the same way.

View user profile

17 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:28 pm

My guess is that it's actually Luke (Mark Hamill) ... his voice nowadays is a bit higher for some reason. And when he says 'I have it' you see a robed guy putting his droid hand on R2.

I think we're at least to believe it's Luke, redoing his ROTJ line. If it's not him, then we're supposed to be surprised that it isn't. My thoughts, at least.

Plus Solo doesn't have kids anymore Sad ... maybe never married Leia either ... bummer. They may keep some stuff from EU, but redcon I think simply means they don't have to and probably won't

View user profile http://www.mattcrotts.com

18 Re: Star Wars Trailer on Fri May 01, 2015 3:03 pm

I'm very excited for this film after seeing the new teaser. As far as I'm concerned Luke still married Mara Jade and the Solo kids are the darlings of the EU, but whatever, I can still get behind this. I believe they may cherry pick some things from the EU, but most of it is gone. Oh well. This teaser looks like a great blend of nostalgia and novelty.

I highly doubt that the villain is Darth Revan, although the mask is really similar in design. His name has been given as Kylo Ren, but who knows what will actually go down. But that's what's really cool about this movie. For the first time since Return of the Jedi, we don't know what direction the films are going in. With the prequels, we kinda knew going in where the characters had to end up. Here everything is wide open, and that's exciting to me!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum