Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Spoiler Discussion)
Today at 2:04 am by Maz

» Turn 1-1070
Yesterday at 12:08 pm by Crensler

» Black Scale
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:46 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» PATREON CHANGES
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:34 pm by Braigwen

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY...
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:32 pm by WKC690

» Black Water
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:17 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1069
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Turn 11-1069
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am by Onyx Aurelius

» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Small Idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A Small Idea on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:51 am

So lord knows I have tons of ideas and can't always follow through on all of them (still hoping to do that Interactive Storytelling Feature... and finish PM2's Theatre section, hah.) But I thought I'd poke at you guys, see what you think, since it'd involve the forum a good deal.

This is actually the culmination of a couple of separate ideas being jammed crudely together. Those who know know I started a National Roleplay on the forum that petered out because I was having difficulty keeping up with it (that's all on me and I admit that). Related to this, I've been eyeballing some 4x and Grand Strategy games lately thinking about doing a take on a twitch plays sort of thing with them. Finally, I had an idea (around Halloweenish) to have a sort of, for lack of a better term, political game going (I don't know about you guys but fictional politics tends to be more enjoyable to me than real life ones).

So here's the idea of mish mashing these together, and I credit Pax on this a bunch as he and I were discussing it one night a few days ago. I will start up a game (Probably a well established game like Civ V or something I'm familiar with) and setup a section of the forum for the governing body of the Nation. And you guys will be that governing body.

There are a lot of details to be hashed out, but general concepts would include; the option (but not mandatory) of becoming a part of a given political party (of whatever ends or name you want) in order to sway votes. A 'senate' which would dictate overall policy, research, and general governance. Mayoral elections to determine who controls a specific city (and each mayor having total say in what that city builds and expands in, within reason of course). And so on. The idea is I'd probably do one turn every week or so after tabulating votes and figuring out exactly what you, the government, wants to do.

So... what do you guys think?

2 Re: A Small Idea on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:53 am

I think it sounds like an interesting idea, personally, and I'd be willing to try my hand at it ^^

View user profile

3 Re: A Small Idea on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:06 am

it look very intriguing i'm will to have a try

View user profile

4 Re: A Small Idea on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:23 pm

This sounds really awesome! I'm on board!

View user profile

5 Re: A Small Idea on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:02 pm

I am up for it, never played something like that before though Razz

View user profile

6 Re: A Small Idea on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:12 pm

You know me, I'm all for politics games.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum