Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

(12-2-16) Mass Effect: Andromeda - New Trailer (with gifs!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Interrupts are no longer strictly Paragon/Renegade:
Also, that's a very lazy disarm.. and I really hope those facial animations get another pass.

Return of open world vehicular travel:
She's no Mako.. but she'll do!

Omni-tool investigation scanning:
At least it's not that insufferable "ding ding!" chime from Inquisition...

Return of Inquisition's crafting/upgrading:
Need to see more before final judgement..

More flower picking..:
Good news: you get exponentially more resources per node. This one gave her x49 units, for example.

Multi-faction firefights:
Not terribly new territory, though still good to see more bodies on screen. Notice the vehicles; might just be scripted window dressing, as none seem to fire upon you.

New Dodge mechanic:
A quick burst from your jump jet / EVA suit stabilizers

Class Abilities - Vanguard:
MY JAM!

Aerial Charge, biotic-infused melee movement with sword strike

Biotic Shield - channeled, wide frontal coverage for repositioning / aggressive advancement

Class Abilities - Engineer:
Assault Turret - disk-like deployable flame thrower

Hacking + Incinerate (+ Super Shield?)

Class Abilities - Sentinel:
Deployable Cover + Flamethrower Gauntlet?

Pull (into Assault Turret)
Seems to be channeled for prolonged holding

Class Abilities - Infiltrator:
Cryo Blast - seems to be a channel now

Cloak (of course)

Last edited by TheDeaconErudite on Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
I like it very much. But honestly I'm no worried about the combat. What I'm worried about is the story. Well... there's nothing us to do other than wait till next year Wink

View user profile
Disarm: literally "here, let me just take that from you, there we go," actually smiling the whole time. It doesn't match the elevated tone in her voice afterward. They're probably still working on that.

Um, yes that is a mako and it's better than the old one.

Resource-gathering: holyshitidonothavetimeforthis

Everything else: looks solid/interesting. Jury is still out on the story.

View user profile
About time we got something on the gameplay. As for the animation, this was the level I was, sadly, expecting from them. It seems Bioware hasn't tried to rise above Bioware-level programming.

View user profile
Not sure how I feel about it, the combat looks well like Inquisition not mass Effect and while I did enjoy it in DA:I that is not how I would like Mass Effect to play

View user profile
New video of the Citadel 2.0

The squaddies so far

View user profile
Thank ya Luslanz Smile

View user profile
ME: Andromeda wrote:ODSY DRIVE SYSTEM
With the Arks unable to refuel by traditional means in dark space, the journey to Andromeda is only made possible by the ODSY Drive System. The ODSY is a massive experimental drive core specifically designed for this trans-galactic voyage. It is capable of recycling static energy that would typically cause a starship to explode, instead storing it to power the Ark’s primary systems. Meanwhile, an electromagnetic ram-scoop will gather hydrogen from the Ark’s surroundings, converting it into fuel as needed.
I didn't actually think they would come up with an answer to that question, but they managed to surprise my very low expectations. Regardless, I can't help but notice that the answer to the static discharge problem from cribbed from a ME/Battletech fanfic.

View user profile
I'm curious as to whether or not that experimental drive core is the source of some of, if not most of the Andromeda campaign's woes, actually; that's a very slippery space-magic excuse for a device that could, for all intents and purposes, change the face of the entire setting.

Kinda funny how, in the face of true canon placing the mass effect relays in a state of disuse, the very next game showcases tech capable of transporting arc ships vast distances (admittedly requiring real time to pass).

View user profile
The ODSY drive should've changed the setting. The timeline shows that the Andromeda Initiative started 2176 and launched 2185. It should have revolutionized things more than even thermal clips but, like Thanix Cannons, it seems no one was interested in using it (except for Cerberus slapping Thanix Cannons on Omega).

View user profile
If I were to fabricate a believable in-universe excuse for why it didn't catch on, I'd go with similar real-world parallel conspiracies where the financially dominant manufacturers of the galaxy suppress business / funding / favor to associates who attempt pursuing the technology, because their own product lines and profits would suffer. That, or they were just waiting for tangible results on the device's performance in the wild to determine whether or not it would be worth adopting in earnest.

View user profile
My guess is that it didn't catch on because the static buildup isn't that big of a problem unless you leave the galaxy and storing the energy is impractical in most cases.

View user profile
Umm...static buildup is a major issue in Mass Effect. It's the thing that prevents everyone from going more than 31 lightyears per trip, otherwise the crew gets cooked alive and severe materiel damage is done to the ship.

View user profile
The way I see it most people weren't gonna venture too far from the mass relays and the established trade routes where there are plenty of opportunities to ground the ship. The drive looks mostly like a niche tool to reach remote systems and that doesn't seem like enough to call their current drives obsolete.

View user profile
But it does make them obsolescent.

View user profile
It will be interest to see whether they give them the same technology that was developed later in the timeline for Mass Effect 3, or whether the tech will be from 2186 and back, allowing players will get to take their own initiative and allocate research on materials and equipment found in Andromeda to upgrade the arsenal. Because it would make sense.

View user profile
There weren't really any technical advances in that year. The only weapons I expect to not see in Andromeda are the geth firearms...because no one outside of them cracked the whole pseudo-plasma electric round code.

View user profile
I could see them include a geth weapon as a throwback, it could be justified as a trophy from the geth attack. There were geth rifles in ME1 after all.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum