» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Formation of the Echain Government

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

226 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:42 am

Good Sir Spirit of Memory, I agree with your sentiments regarding our new for a monarch. Yet it seems that this decision has already been made within the chamber responsible for the creation of the new constitution.
I weep for our past, for our age old traditions of monarchy. Yet even I, who considers himself a royalist, see your input as too much of a step back.
A king or queen are necessary, I agree, but not with the powers you propose. This are not the eighteen hundreds, we must accept change even if it is painful.
Yet I do agree with you in broader sentiments.

View user profile

227 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:49 am

As a quick aside to the two gentlemen discussing the framing of the constitution, we were in the process of creating a constitutional monarchy; however, when the honorable Zeiss’ identity was exposed, the gentleman abdicated his throne in favor of an open, representative democracy—one of which he will undoubtedly become a part. I anticipate the gentleman will form a political party, and I anticipate that honorable loyalists who respect our country’s proud monarchical tradition will stand beneath his banner. In short, the framers of the forthcoming constitution were formerly loyalists to the throne; that said, the times are rapidly changing, and, by the looks of it, Echain will more than likely operate under democratic rule. Of course, the constitution must be ratified; and, in the meantime, we are more than open to arguments about points of political contention. We believe that the free exchange of ideas and ideologies will lead us all to draft a constitution that protects the rights of each individual natural born and naturalized citizen of our great nation; and, in doing so, we are ensuring that no single man, no single entity, and no single force will be able to oppress, tyrannize, or denigrate the Echaini citizenry.

View user profile

228 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:08 am

Representative bingscrosby7, I was aware of this and informed Sir Spirit of Memory of this.
Yet it seems to me that the introduction of a republican system is inevitable at this point. As it stands, I just hope that our traditions are not forgotten in this sea of new and sometimes dangerous ideas.

I still want to state my loyalty to the crown foremost, as I fought for our nation and its honour and not for communists to destroy what was built over centuries.
All ask is that chamber for the formation of the constitution take notice of the issues many members of the aristocracy , which interests I am here to represent, could and will have with a too radical constitution that does not include a representative of the nobility.

View user profile

229 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:15 am

Lorinbas wrote:Representative bingscrosby7, I was aware of this and informed Sir Spirit of Memory of this.
Yet it seems to me that the introduction of a republican system is inevitable at this point. As it stands, I just hope that our traditions are not forgotten in this sea of new and sometimes dangerous ideas.

I still want to state my loyalty to the crown foremost, as I fought for our nation and its honour and not for communists to destroy what was built over centuries.
All ask is that chamber for the formation of the constitution take notice of the issues many members of the aristocracy , which interests I am here to represent, could and will have with a too radical constitution that does not include a representative of the nobility.

Lorinbras,

I would not undermine nor forget our cultural heritage, and I would not disregard the monarchical institution upon which this fine country was founded; additionally, I would not negate or make light of your former military service (I, too, served in the military as a young man). And, I think you will come to see that the constitution we are advancing is libertarian rather than authoritarian; after all, two of the framers are classical liberals who want to protect the rights of the individuals rather than the rights of collective groups (we espouse egalitarianism and universal rights for individuals rather than specific rights for certain groups).

As for the individual representatives who are to be chosen, said representatives will be chosen by the people. A libertarian, representative democracy provides equal opportunity for individual citizens but does not provide equal outcome for individuals (if you are indeed an opponent of communism, you will approve of this approach). In order to ensure that the nobility is properly and adequately represented in the government, I would urge you to create a grassroots movement within the context of a political party; in doing so, you can increase your chances of electing an official who best represents your values. This is the essence of a representative democracy: the power is in the hands of the people who elect government officials (who then propose, advance, and ratify legislation).

View user profile

230 A public declaration by radio and leaflets on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:08 am

Citizens of Echain
You deserve better, in 45 we liberated ourselves of those who thought of us a servants. And now we are in position confusion
You have been ignored, while the provisional government is arguing about power structure and rules that govern that power structure and a long “lost” heir your day to day need are being ignored.
The basics of food clean, water, sanitation, security, law enforcement are not on the governments to do list.
I want you to know that you are not alone, the Echain Autonomous Movement is going to give you the tools expertise to give you a chance to live long healthy and proud lives.
We will offer help to any Echain wanting infrastructure and local security to the best of our ability. By helping ourselves we help our nation.
To all those who wish to join us or learn more we have centers in all main city’s
A world of prosperity is at hand.

View user profile

231 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:18 am

those points will be done when we have a frame work to make order a company can't run if the management don't know what to do with the resources available

View user profile

232 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:25 am

I am in accord with greywolf, first we need to quickly establish a framework for how to reach decisions a how to limit them; that is to say, the Constitution.
Everyday matters are not in jeopardy, merely Governments current ability to issue Laws and Provisions, which, if only a short-term state, doesn't negatively influence the lives of the People.

Every building has to have a proper, strong foundation, and to rule without a Constitution is to build the Government on quicksand.

OOT: also, this is not public to the People, should you wish to address them, you have to create or post in a thread marked PUBLIC

View user profile

233 By public radio and letter to greywolf on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:26 am

To Greywolf

The people need help today, not a week from now.

If you will not offer the most basics in infrastructure then we will.

Citizens what further proof do you need that this is a symptom of a government unwilling to face the problems of today.

For productive leadership join the the Echain Autonomous Movement.

View user profile

234 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:31 am

rome was not build in a day, so a government with all the proper system to server the the people need time to get itself organizes and you demanding it to be done now is not helping us

View user profile

235 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:33 am

the people want something done right not some quick and easy

View user profile

236 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:54 am

OOC: As a quick aside, once the dust has settled a little I'm going to do a complex poll (probably a Condorcet style) between the various options to truly settle the functional form of the government, as well as a separate post where people can lobby for whichever form they desire. Not that I wish to dissuade the crew working on the Constitution at all (been following that thread, loving it so far) but that is after all still a draft of a Constitution.

Further: As an aside, several players have already had the idea of appealing to the public instead of the players. Entirely feasible idea, but I should be transparent about this; for NOW, this will not work, because the players have the full support of the public. For now. Later on the other hand? Muwa ha ha.

237 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 am

The Lorerunner wrote:OOC: As a quick aside, once the dust has settled a little I'm going to do a complex poll (probably a Condorcet style) between the various options to truly settle the functional form of the government, as well as a separate post where people can lobby for whichever form they desire.  Not that I wish to dissuade the crew working on the Constitution at all (been following that thread, loving it so far) but that is after all still a draft of a Constitution.

Further: As an aside, several players have already had the idea of appealing to the public instead of the players.  Entirely feasible idea, but I should be transparent about this; for NOW, this will not work, because the players have the full support of the public.  For now.  Later on the other hand?  Muwa ha ha.

OOC: I see it better to have a deadline for Constitution proposals (I mean proper, full constitutions will rights, division of power, voting provisions and all that stuff), which will then be voted upon, so that we don't, for example, vote for "democratic republic" without knowing how it is going to be democratic, what bodies will exist or what will the internal division of power be.

View user profile

238 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 am

Anyone wanting a centralized government should consider visiting the IEP(International Echain Party) and see if they want to join. Very Happy

View user profile

239 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 am

KarbinCry wrote:
OOC: I see it better to have a deadline for Constitution proposals (I mean proper, full constitutions will rights, division of power, voting provisions and all that stuff), which will then be voted upon, so that we don't, for example, vote for "democratic republic" without knowing how it is going to be democratic, what bodies will exist or what will the internal division of power be.

I really have to agree with this, I know it's taking a bit, but I really hope we get to frame this before the vote is taken.

Last edited by WhiskeyWhiskers on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

240 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 am

KarbinCry wrote:
The Lorerunner wrote:OOC: As a quick aside, once the dust has settled a little I'm going to do a complex poll (probably a Condorcet style) between the various options to truly settle the functional form of the government, as well as a separate post where people can lobby for whichever form they desire.  Not that I wish to dissuade the crew working on the Constitution at all (been following that thread, loving it so far) but that is after all still a draft of a Constitution.

Further: As an aside, several players have already had the idea of appealing to the public instead of the players.  Entirely feasible idea, but I should be transparent about this; for NOW, this will not work, because the players have the full support of the public.  For now.  Later on the other hand?  Muwa ha ha.

I second this.

View user profile

241 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:11 am

OOC: I'll admit I literally just woke up but to make sure I'm understanding; you want the vote to be about the specific articles of the Constitution, not about the overall framework?

242 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:15 am

The Lorerunner wrote:OOC: I'll admit I literally just woke up but to make sure I'm understanding; you want the vote to be about the specific articles of the Constitution, not about the overall framework?

OOC: Basically we're just asking for a deadline for our proposed constitutions to be completed by.

Last edited by WhiskeyWhiskers on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

243 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:15 am

The Lorerunner wrote:OOC: I'll admit I literally just woke up but to make sure I'm understanding; you want the vote to be about the specific articles of the Constitution, not about the overall framework?

OOC: Yes; it would be best to set a deadline for admittance of Constitution drafts, upon which they will be made public and voted upon, provided we (Provisionary Government) represent people's will directly.

View user profile

244 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:19 am

OOC: Hm. Alright, the deadline is next Sunday, the 8th. Do you want a new thread for proposed drafts or to use the existing one?

245 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:22 am

The Lorerunner wrote:OOC: Hm.  Alright, the deadline is next Sunday, the 8th.  Do you want a new thread for proposed drafts or to use the existing one?

I'd leave it up to us, so far there is one body working on a Constitution, and I would propose to let others set up in the same way, even if that may make tho forum a bit overgrown for a while.

View user profile

246 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:27 am

OOC: I think I agree. Ahem.

Any individuals of the gathered have until the following Sunday to draft their proposed Constitutions, which will then be examined for quality and self consistency, and thereupon voted on by all present members over the following week. For the purposes of organization it is recommended any individual(s) desiring to draft a Constitution outside of the existing draft do so in a new thread.

OOC: And feel free to lobby amongst each others for support.

247 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:31 am

For all the Democrats I point towards the Committee for Democratic Constitution, as we are already charting the foundation of a Democratic Echain and will listen to your suggestions; so before charting your own draft, please contact us, so that we, the Democrats of Echain, don't needlessly shatter our forces, lest we be defeated by Autocrats, Populists and Tyrants.

OOC: Please, send us PMs, dont write straight into our thread. We do listen to suggestions and present them to all members of the CDC, regardless of whether we personally agree with a proposition

View user profile

248 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:45 am

Founding of Platform for Regions Party

On this day the Platform for Regions, formerly a loose syndicate, is, seeing the lack of support for Regionalism in other parties, becoming a proper party.

We propose a government with large home rule awarded to the regions, so that they may develop and prosper according to local culture, specifics and wishes of the local People.
We see Unity and Strength in Diversity.

We welcome all who respect and agree to the principle of Home Rule and with Democratic rule. As such, the party also supports the efforts of Committee for Democratic Constitution, provided they allow for Home Rule in their final draft.

For more information, please visit our thread. There is the roster of our supporters (who can be members of other parties if they work to make them Regionalist) and full members.

View user profile

249 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:52 am

What is the Platform's view on the earlier proposed concept of town council's?

View user profile

250 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:54 am

WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:What is the Platform's view on the earlier proposed concept of town council's?

So far, we do not propose concrete measures, rather general guidelines they ought to follow. The reason for this is that without a constitution, this discussion is rendered moot; however, once I have some time from other duties, I shall review town council proposal.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum