Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Formation of the Echain Government

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

26 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:47 am

WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:As for the impracticality of direct democracy, let me offer a compromise position. Directly democratic town councils, with a representative federal parliament. Each (independently drawn) electorate shall each week meet and discuss the issues of the day before electing a delegate from amongst themselves to represent them at the federal level. This delegate will then need to argue the consensus decision of his or her region's council with the other delegates until a simple majority (50%+1) can be found..

Aye, I do be seein' no problems with this. My reservations about the direct democracy idea don't extend to this. I 'aven't made a formal decision yet about what gov'ment type we oughtta 'ave, but this do be seemin' fine.

WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:While I wholeheartedly agree with delegate MegaZeroX's fourth proposal, I had wished to offer a hand of unity, a set of principles everyone could live by. However, I must admit perhaps I was too wary, why not reach for the most egalitarian future? Nationalism is the diseased ideology of those who oppressed us, let us not repeat their mistakes! A free Echain is a multicultural Echain!

Aye, but though it do be unfortunate, proposal 3 might even be a principle some o' our islanders do not be agreein' with. E'en in Southport, it do be shameful to admit, but some have other feelin's. Only 1 and 2 do be truly unifying. 'Owever, most o' our citizens be agreein' with 3 and 4, so I think it be fine to put them.

View user profile

27 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:56 am

I would present to the honourable delegates a system of government that can provide stability to this nation while at the same time providing democracy for the masses.

1. A Constitutional Monarchy in which a King/Queen shall rule in the capacity of a powerless monarch. This monarch will have the symbolic power of being able to dissolve the government and trigger elections at any time if the masses demand it  and shall advice the government on important matters. The heir to the throne (current whereabouts unknown) shall be found and placed in this position but if he/she can't be found another person shall be elected to that position and have their decedents rule for all time.

2. The federal government shall be a representative democracy which shall be comprised of the Senate. This body will be elected by the people and will meet to decide the various laws and actions of out nation.

3. The politicians of the nation can form political party's and shall choose candidates to run for the highest elected station that of President and Vice President who will choose the cabinet of the nation which will have various departments. The President and Vice President shall be decided by the public and shall have a rounds system. E.G. if you have 5 party's the people shall mark the order in which they rate the party's and the lowest voted party shall be eliminated and their votes handed out to their voters second choice until two party's remain and one gets a majority.

4. The local governments (Mayors and Governors) shall be a force separate from the federal government and will govern their own province this includes handling infrastructure and other local matters. These men and woman shall be voted for by the public in separate elections.

5. The military shall not act in any way on matters without the Senates affirmation and shall be sworn to the nation and not any single office or person to prevent this person from obtaining absolute power.



Last edited by bradley2000 on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:59 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

28 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:06 pm

What powers separate from a president shall this proposed elected monarch have? Divine blood?

OOC:Woops. Might want to actually read. Crazy idea.

Will any citizen of Echain be eligible to be elected to the position of elected monarch, or is it restricted to those of the former aristocracy?



Last edited by WhiskeyWhiskers on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

29 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:12 pm

WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:What powers separate from a president shall this proposed elected monarch have? Divine blood?

It is mostly a symbolic position for the masses to have someone to look up to.

Their powers will be the formality of formally announcing the results of the Presidential election and calling an election when the Senate and President must be re-elected.

They can in EXTREME conditions call an election outside of the normal political system however the people must be overwhelmingly in favour of an election for this to happen.

They would also become an international ambassador for the nation and would travel the world to propose treaty's and improve relations with a nation.

View user profile

30 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:13 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. I edited my post.

View user profile

31 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:16 pm

I still demand that the importance that the royalty played in our nation is to be recognised and that the traditions of the Echain people in this regard are not to be forgotten. I recognise the role that the Echain People´s Army of National Liberation played in the fight against the invaders, jet other groups did their duty as well. As thus I argue for the reinstallation of the monarchy, as has been our way for decades, but I also argue that every group that did their part in the liberation of Echain, is to be accepted as legitimate part of the coming governing process.

I second the delegate WiskeyWhiskers, that the honorifics are only to be used for the most honourable members of the Privy Council.
I also demand that the delegate WiskeyWhisker will not question the legitimacy of our monarch.

View user profile

32 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:17 pm

WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:What powers separate from a president shall this proposed elected monarch have? Divine blood?

OOC:Woops. Might want to actually read. Crazy idea.

Will any citizen of Echain be eligible to be elected to the position of elected monarch, or is it restricted to those of the former aristocracy?

Any man or woman can become King/Queen as long as they are over the age of 40.

View user profile

33 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:23 pm

Lorinbas wrote:I still demand that the importance that the royalty played in our nation is to be recognised and that the traditions of the Echain people in this regard are not to be forgotten. I recognise the role that the Echain People´s Army of National Liberation played in the fight against the invaders, jet other groups did their duty as well. As thus I argue for the reinstallation of the monarchy, as has been our way for decades, but I also argue that every group that did their part in the liberation of Echain, is to be accepted as legitimate part of the coming governing process.

I second the delegate WiskeyWhiskers, that the honorifics are only to be used for the most honourable members of the Privy Council.
I also demand that the delegate WiskeyWhisker will not question the legitimacy.

For the sake of the revolutionary process and my wholehearted belief in the ability and merit of consensus decision making, I shall not stop questioning the right of another to raise themselves to the position of monarch. However, if the former king is found alive, I will not question his legitimacy.

I will also second the motion that the royalty be recognised as an important part of this nation's history.



Last edited by WhiskeyWhiskers on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

34 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:29 pm

I also demand that any candidate for the position of monarch is not only to be over age of 40, but also is a citizen of Echain by birth and is of most legitimate reputation. Meaning no one convicted of any serious crimes against our nation and its people.

View user profile

35 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:30 pm

Lorinbas wrote:I also demand that any candidate for the position of monarch is not only to be over age of 40, but also is a citizen of Echain by birth and is of most legitimate reputation. Meaning no one convicted of any serious crimes against our nation and its people.

That is a most reasonable suggestion and I shall amend by proposition.

View user profile

36 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:36 pm

As a point of order, the Chair reminds those present that the old Monarch, King Elthin, was butchered in cold blood almost 8 years ago along with his immediate family. Though it is recognized as to be possible that a surviving heir exists somewhere.


_________________
The Lorerunner
View user profile http://lorerunner.com/

37 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:40 pm

I will state again, if the former king is found alive, I will not question his legitimacy. Anyone else presuming to raise themselves to the position of monarch will have their legitimacy rightly questioned. Even the most strident monarchist must find this a reasonable position to take.



Last edited by WhiskeyWhiskers on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

38 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:41 pm

chair i would presume that all there family records were destroyed by the invader after the family death

View user profile

39 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:44 pm

In this case my proposition is clear:
If possible we should seek out the remaining kin of King Elthin. If no heirs can be found and only then, a search and vote for a new monarch shell be arraigned.

View user profile

40 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:46 pm

In response to Greywolf: As detailed in the updated thread regarding backstory the Japanese destroyed a large number of historical and cultural documents, works of art, and libraries during their occupation.


_________________
The Lorerunner
View user profile http://lorerunner.com/

41 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:52 pm

I believe that we must search for the heir and I highly recommend setting up a constitutional monarchy. There is reason to believe if such an heir is alive, he may form a resistance against a "false government" that would have formed while he is still alive and the true ruler of the country. If found, we would be able to place him in a powerless position meanwhile having a foundation to form our new government with the support of the majority of the nation seeing as most citizens supported the previous king. Having a weak central figurehead grants the legislative branch much more power and allows us to voice the needs and wants of the people without too much resistance. It also lowers the chance of a potential coup by the monarchs.

I don't think we require an election for the monarchs since their power will be weak and it allows an establishment of a royal family that can unify the people beneath us.

View user profile

42 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:53 pm

grifenknight wrote:I believe that we must search for the heir and I highly recommend setting up a constitutional monarchy.  There is reason to believe if such an heir is alive, he may form a resistance against a "false government" that would have formed while he is still alive and the true ruler of the country.  If found, we would be able to place him in a powerless position meanwhile having a foundation to form our new government with the support of the majority of the nation seeing as most citizens supported the previous king.  Having a weak central figurehead grants the legislative branch much more power and allows us to voice the needs and wants of the people without too much resistance.  It also lowers the chance of a potential coup by the monarchs.

I don't think we require an election for the monarchs since their power will be weak and it allows an establishment of a royal family that can unify the people beneath us.

I suppose for such a powerless position that would be best. I have edited the proposal which is to be presented to the delegates.

View user profile

43 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:00 pm

And if the monarchist forces are to be as quick to military action as you presume should an heir not be found, why would they allow the position to be a weak one if he is? They would presumably have even more of a justification for launching a coup against the people's elected body. This is either a foolish course of action, or one that suggests you mean less for him to be a weak monarch, and instead a corpse. There are many armed groups in our country at the moment. Not all would welcome a new monarch. If an heir exists, it would be far safer for both they and us, not to be found.

View user profile

44 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:02 pm

bradley2000 wrote:
grifenknight wrote:I believe that we must search for the heir and I highly recommend setting up a constitutional monarchy.  There is reason to believe if such an heir is alive, he may form a resistance against a "false government" that would have formed while he is still alive and the true ruler of the country.  If found, we would be able to place him in a powerless position meanwhile having a foundation to form our new government with the support of the majority of the nation seeing as most citizens supported the previous king.  Having a weak central figurehead grants the legislative branch much more power and allows us to voice the needs and wants of the people without too much resistance.  It also lowers the chance of a potential coup by the monarchs.

I don't think we require an election for the monarchs since their power will be weak and it allows an establishment of a royal family that can unify the people beneath us.

I suppose for such a powerless position that would be best. I have edited the proposal which is to be presented to the delegates.

I second the change of the proposal

View user profile

45 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 pm

WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:And if the monarchist forces are to be as quick to military action as you presume should an heir not be found, why would they allow the position to be a weak one if he is? They would presumably have even more of a justification for launching a coup against the people's elected body. This is either a foolish course of action, or one that suggests you mean less for him to be a weak monarch, and instead a corpse. There are many armed groups in our country at the moment. Not all would welcome a new monarch. If an heir exists, it would be far safer for both they and us, not to be found.

No doubt if the heir see's an opportunity they will present themselves anyway weather we like it or not so maybe we should seek them out and offer them this position as a show of goodwill. In fact the sooner we find them the quicker we can pull them from the influence of the monarchists who would see war. Besides the heir would never presume to deny this chance since they were never faced with this opportunity before as they were not a member of the direct family and therefore have no gauge on the power being presented to them.

View user profile

46 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 pm

I would also like to propose the form our economy will take.
Seeing as our homeland has a measly population of 3 million as well as few natural resources to rely on, I recommend establishing our nation as an industrial power house. It is already well know that in order for our nation to thrive, we require many exports which will be able to fuel our economy to begin with, but as industrial power rises we will be able to become increasingly self reliant and furthermore our economy will become stronger. With increased industrialization, we will be able to fuel our war machine to further spread our influence as well as increase our pool of resources and man power.

Lastly, I would like to propose the establishment of a national Bank to fuel our industry and strengthen our economy as well as our government. This will allow us to rely on domestic loans instead of international ones and decrease the influence of other nations on our glorious nation.

View user profile

47 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 pm

I could personally set up a search for the remaining heir of the last royal family. I would only ask that the other members of this fledgling government do not hinder my work as I gather some professional agents to conduct this search.

OOC: I gather some men adept to Intelligence gathering (field agents and analysts), and start working on that right away.

View user profile

48 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:07 pm

Before we go about finding the heir we must first vote on the system of government we shall have so I therefore once again present my proposal.

1. A Constitutional Monarchy in which a King/Queen shall rule in the capacity of a powerless monarch. This monarch will have the symbolic power of being able to dissolve the government and trigger elections at any time if the masses demand it and shall advice the government on important matters. The heir to the throne (current whereabouts unknown) shall be found and placed in this position but if he/she can't be found another person shall be elected to that position and have their decedents rule for all time.

2. The federal government shall be a representative democracy which shall be comprised of the Senate. This body will be elected by the people and will meet to decide the various laws and actions of out nation.

3. The politicians of the nation can form political party's and shall choose candidates to run for the highest elected station that of President and Vice President who will choose the cabinet of the nation which will have various departments. The President and Vice President shall be decided by the public and shall have a rounds system. E.G. if you have 5 party's the people shall mark the order in which they rate the party's and the lowest voted party shall be eliminated and their votes handed out to their voters second choice until two party's remain and one gets a majority.

4. The local governments (Mayors and Governors) shall be a force separate from the federal government and will govern their own province this includes handling infrastructure and other local matters. These men and woman shall be voted for by the public in separate elections.

5. The military shall not act in any way on matters without the Senates affirmation and shall be sworn to the nation and not any single office or person to prevent this person from obtaining absolute power.

View user profile

49 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Not one of us can in all honesty guarantee that, delegate Zeiss. Anyone may claim to be an heir. To make that promise would be to promise I not leave an empty room until your investigation is complete.

View user profile

50 Re: The Formation of the Echain Government on Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:18 pm

I propose that if this "heir" is found, he is given two choices: to join us in the creation of a new government where he might be given little to no power or to join the rotting corpses of our previous Japanese dictators.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum