» Turn 9-1068
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Committee for Democratic Constitution (Bradley2000, WhiskeyWhiskers, bingcrosby7, KarbinCry, grifinknight)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 35 of 37]

Here it is and yes I approach Arche with this proposed map

View user profile
Will we place the previously stated preamble?

View user profile
Preamble was changed. Also, the map was approved, although he did not rate of its aesthetic quality ;(

View user profile
The changed preamble is not in the draft you presented me and I believe the map looked great.

View user profile
Crap. I will upload it once more Sad

View user profile
Here it is

OOC: And shame on you, just heard Lore say "You killed us, grif"  Mad

View user profile
OOC: YES

View user profile
I still suggest if not a 2/3 majority at least a majority of 3/5 so only a government who has a major mandate, or can get bipartisan support can change it. Then keep the gubernatorial veto as well.

As the son of a farmer I must strongly suggest we at least make disputes between regions over water resources the domain of the federal government, lest you want Plainsdale using all the water on our crops and leave Southport drinking sea water.

View user profile
WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I still suggest if not a 2/3 majority at least a majority of 3/5 so only a government who has a major mandate, or can get bipartisan support can change it. Then keep the gubernatorial veto as well.

As the son of a farmer I must strongly suggest we at least make disputes between regions over water resources the domain of the federal government, lest you want Plainsdale using all the water on our crops and leave Southport drinking sea water.

I believe inter-regional disputes are in the domain of the federal government, but just to make sure, it should be in the constitution.

View user profile
If noone else here has problem with Whiskerss proposal, I'll add it.

We have to hurry, people. 6 hours to go Sad

View user profile
KarbinCry wrote:If noone else here has problem with Whiskerss proposal, I'll add it.

We have to hurry, people. 6 hours to go Sad

No problem

View user profile
I got no problem.

View user profile
Okay. Start doing abbreviation, both of you, somehow divy it up, so we can speed thing up as much as possible. I will do graphical aids after finishing the Const.

EDIT: If you have the time and will to do so

View user profile
What about renaming militia the National Guard? It fits the "home-defence" better, no?

View user profile
grifenknight wrote:Like an establishment run by the national bank that would exchange currency(for example, US dollars are useless in europe so people go to an exchange to trade in US dollars for euros).  This would be necessary if we ever decide to change our form of currency to bills or any other form.
I would leave that to the discretion of the Bank.

View user profile
WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I still suggest if not a 2/3 majority at least a majority of 3/5 so only a government who has a major mandate, or can get bipartisan support can change it. Then keep the gubernatorial veto as well.

You mean 2/3 to change the way elections to the Assembly work? That is in there in the article pertaining to the elections.

And I will add that in disputes of import to the well-being of the People, Regions may petition the Senate and the President to decide its merit.

View user profile
Here is the version will all changes suggested and approved since the presentation of the first draft. Most of the changes and all the big ones are marked by yellow highlighting which will not be a part of the proposed Constitution.

View user profile
KarbinCry wrote:What about renaming militia the National Guard? It fits the "home-defence" better, no?

Home defense is good.

View user profile
KarbinCry wrote:Okay. Start doing abbreviation, both of you, somehow divy it up, so we can speed thing up as much as possible. I will do graphical aids after finishing the Const.

EDIT: If you have the time and will to do so

I dont believe divvying up is necessary.

View user profile
Is there anywhere in the constitution that states that regions cannot violate national law?

View user profile
Yes, Article Two. All citizens are beholden to rules and then listing them by their import, so that BoIR>Constitution>Laws and treaties>Ordinances and Inter-regional Treaties.

View user profile
Also, Article Four is still empty, Is it meant to empty(If so, I am dumb and could you please elaborate why?) and if it's not, when do we decide on its content?

View user profile
It is supposed to be empty Smile

View user profile
Due to an interuption, this has been all i have been able to do. I have still not cut out some un-needed material so it appears clunkier than it should be. I will be gone for the next 2-3 hours so i leave this role to anyone willing to complete it.

This is what i have so far:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SsP5JqdYjvvV1ZjuySzHFpRIvp0ak80iIZqIPOORvb4/edit?usp=sharing

View user profile
I am going to sleep and will read it in my morning. However: 7 pages? Thats like, around 75% reduction in size! Good job.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum