» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Player Characters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:51 am

Name: Jaina Proudmoore

Birthplace: Aberisk

Bio: Inspired by the teachings of Marx and Lenin.I traveled to China to help spread the revolution. I returned to Echain to help organise the Communist party in order to resist the coming occupation. As the Japanese invaded we fled to the woods saving some of the literature we were sure the Japanese would destroy. From there we harassed patrols and isolated them in their city. When the rebels rose up it was the Communists who liberated Aberisk. While I wish to spread the global revolution I don't wish to see Echain divided by war, instead I favour a democratic revolution.

View user profile

27 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:13 am

Name: Kolson

Birthplace: Plainsdale
Political Leanings: Conservative Monarchist

Bio: A rancher from an old family with ties to the previous monarchy, Kolson largely led a quiet life focused on his businesses. If he happened to "lose" some beef to the revolution every now and again or drew pictures of likely Japanese targets as entertainment for children, well, what can you do?

Now that the war is over, Kolson is looking to make more of a difference in the lives of the Echaini, and getting back to what worked is priory number one.

View user profile

28 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:04 pm

I'm pulling out of the game. Please do as you wish with my character.

View user profile

29 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:08 pm

What?

30 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:09 pm

IC: Noooooooo

OOC: Noooooooo, you're such a great antagonist!

OOC: To be more clear, I should have said "antagonizer." I don't mean you're a bad guy; rather, you have a knack for riling people up, and your presence has made the game super interesting. It would be a shame to see you leave, Zeiss.

View user profile

31 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Not an antagonist, not a polititian. What is sad is the fact that after passing the Constitution, people like Zeiss will be crucial to actually build on the political cornerstone the material parts of a nation.

EDIT: and most importantly, I believe, will have much more fun than now.

View user profile

32 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:14 pm

OOC: Aw, it was really fun to give my character motivation. Sad

Edit: To be clear, all my antagonism was in character. Out of character, I don't think Zeiss was trying to do anything dictatorial. Unfortunately, his EIA alarmed many people (including my character).

Last edited by MegaZeroX on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

33 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Zeiss wrote:I'm pulling out of the game. Please do as you wish with my character.

I would just ask to know why this is occurring?

View user profile

34 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:17 pm

I don't believe Zeiss played some wannabe dictator, I believe he played a fundamentally non-polititian character.

View user profile

35 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:29 pm

ooc: does this mean the prince get's assassinated?!

View user profile

36 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:36 pm

OOC: Or perhaps suicide? That would definitely change the masses' opinion of me...

View user profile

37 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:44 pm

OOC: I'm talking with the GM right now on the exact details since I been sending out reporters on "Investigation Actions"

View user profile

38 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Oh, if Zeiss is leaving the game then I'm out too. Nothing personal guys, I just wanted to play with my friend. Good luck to all of you.

View user profile

39 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:47 pm

OOC: I hope you at least play until a narratively appropriate point. You shook up the political situation massively, it'd be pretty disappointing to have it just fizzle out.

View user profile

40 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:55 pm

Sorry for not giving an explanation in my previous post. I was at work when I wrote that, during my thirty minutes break, on my Ipod. Not the greatest device to write with.

Now, don't misunderstand this decision as ragequit. This has nothing to do with the reception to the EIA, or to my character. I even had a few schemes ready in case a majority of the players opposed me. No, the reason I am quitting is different.

Many players so far have been, in my opinion, too focused on details and forgot that this is first and foremost a game. This is why I proposed my own Constitution; I wanted to provide a "book of rules" that would be easy for new players to understand, and had enough latitude that they could make changes to it if they so desired. I was 90% convinced it would pass, and then the Committee realized they also had to make their own Constitution simpler, so all was good.

Then when it was proposed that we change the way the players vote on the Constitution, making the learning curve even higher, I came to the realization that this would keep happening even after the government was finally chosen. If I kept playing, there would be two possibilities for me:

1) I would have to keep playing my character and guide the other players so that the whole game doesn't get too complicated; and I just don't have the energy to do that.

or 2) I would be playing a game that just isn't for me.

I realize that many players are having fun working out the details, and it's not my place to dictate how they should be doing things. I'm just not a good fit for this group of players.

I hope you guys have fun.

View user profile

41 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:49 pm

What about a more background position? You don't have to be a prince at the center of attention but you could be an advisor of sorts. I feel like with this setup you can really choose your own involvement. Some players wanted to carve out a fully fledged legal document, whereas others just sort of want to watch from the sidelines.

View user profile

42 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Zeiss wrote:Sorry for not giving an explanation in my previous post. I was at work when I wrote that, during my thirty minutes break, on my Ipod. Not the greatest device to write with.

Now, don't misunderstand this decision as ragequit. This has nothing to do with the reception to the EIA, or to my character. I even had a few schemes ready in case a majority of the players opposed me. No, the reason I am quitting is different.

Many players so far have been, in my opinion, too focused on details and forgot that this is first and foremost a game. This is why I proposed my own Constitution; I wanted to provide a "book of rules" that would be easy for new players to understand, and had enough latitude that they could make changes to it if they so desired. I was 90% convinced it would pass, and then the Committee realized they also had to make their own Constitution simpler, so all was good.

Then when it was proposed that we change the way the players vote on the Constitution, making the learning curve even higher, I came to the realization that this would keep happening even after the government was finally chosen. If I kept playing, there would be two possibilities for me:

1) I would have to keep playing my character and guide the other players so that the whole game doesn't get too complicated; and I just don't have the energy to do that.

or 2) I would be playing a game that just isn't for me.

I realize that many players are having fun working out the details, and it's not my place to dictate how they should be doing things. I'm just not a good fit for this group of players.

I hope you guys have fun.

I believe the reason everyone is being so detailed is because we are literally drafting the foundation of the whole entire game, the constitution. It is highly probable that the game will return back to a lower standard once the government is established. In some senses, this is the hardest part of the game because we are given a blank slate with the sky as the limit. I will not force you into rejoining the game, but I would like to state that your concerns wI'll disappear once the actual game begins.

View user profile

43 My Character on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:48 pm

Name:Franz Weiß/Mr.NotBot

I believe this is where I start on the forum? If not please direct me to the correct thread. Smile

Birthplace: Berlin,Germany

Bio:Franz Weiß/Mr.NotBot was born to a German father and French mother in 1920. As the rise of nazism began to take hold in his home, he made the life altering decision at 16 to defect to Soviet Russia with his mother.
Attending officer school in Moscow and graduating on the onset of the second world war he served as an intelligence operative in the Manchukou front.After hiroshima and Japan's surinder he was assigned to the budding nation of Echain to establish diplomatic ties with the new government both as ambassador and if need be sabatur.
Now with missions both public and private he must complete his duty and make sure the beautiful island falls under the hammer and sickle.

Skills: Speaks German,French,Russian,English, and Japanese. Information gathering, interrogation and resource building. Personal manipulation.

View user profile

44 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Interesting...

View user profile

45 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:52 pm

OOC: sorry if our (CDC) role play was a bit too intense; we got really into the roles and went all out (which is our way of achieving rule 0). But, to echo what has already been said, I think the game will be smooth and less grounded in crazy rules once things get up and running. I'm guessing it'll run like a regular DND game. Again, it would suck to see you leave, Zeiss, but ultimately if the game isn't looking like your cup of tea, then no one can blame you for stepping out.

View user profile

46 Re: Player Characters on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:14 am

Name: Killerbean

Birthplace: Northport

Bio: Born in Northport and became a miner for the local Northport mining company.Suffering from the Japanese occupation he decided to help the local revolutionaries. After the Japanese were defeated and Yokoi was dead. He decided to go into politics to help Echain become the power it was meant to be.

Political leanings: Militarist, Nationalist

OOC: Do i just stroll through the forums? Or just try and join a party that fits me or create one? Never done something like this before, sorry.

View user profile

47 Re: Player Characters on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:36 am

@Killerbean: So, you can go ahead and try to join a Party, or try farming your own, or sit back and wait for the Constitution to be decided upon and then get active (like so many players are doing). The options are pretty much up to you at this point.

48 Re: Player Characters on Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:50 am

The Lorerunner wrote:@Killerbean: So, you can go ahead and try to join a Party, or try farming your own, or sit back and wait for the Constitution to be decided upon and then get active (like so many players are doing).  The options are pretty much up to you at this point.

Thanks for the info

View user profile

49 Re: Player Characters on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:10 pm

Name:
           Adamemnon

Born:
          6th June 1919
          City Central

Parents:
               Father = Nobu Naotsugu (Japanese immigrant)
               Mother = Chelsea Naotsugu (Maiden: Hudson, Echain native).

Political Views:
              Fiscal Centrist, Socially Libertarian, Nationalist.
              Wants to preserve Echain culture by integrating it with new incoming cultures.

Born to an upper middle class family with some ties to the monarchy, Adamemnon had a comfortable life growing up. His family always seemed to take care of their bills despite little actual money changing hands.

Adamemnon and his family moved to Southern California, USA in spring 1927 to take advantageof the seemingly unlimited potential in the US economy. Adamemnon met the California Governor days after arriving in the country, but the governor mostly spoke to Adamemnon’s father, Nobu Naotsugu.

When the Great Depression swept through, Adamemnon and his family soon found themselves forgotten and stuck working on a farm as migrant workers. They lost all of their investments, and barely scraped by. Adamemnon’s parents eventually died in 1934 from exposure and dehydration.

Adamemnon took passage (somehow) back to Echain by boat, and settled in Plainsdale to use the skills he had learned in the US. Just after Adamemnon arrived, the Japanese invaded. During the brief chaos of the invasion, Adamemnon made it to City Central and became part of the Echain Resistance. He was a spy, codebreaker, and translator for the ER, fully utilizing his brief Japanese upbringing and appearance for the betterment of Echain.

After the Japanese were expelled, Adamemnon went back to Plainsdale to help the people rebuild, but soon found himself running for and elected to the Echain Federal Government.

Adamemnon has largely stayed out of being tied to any organization or label, but maintained close contact with his friends in the Resistance. He sees the need for unity in these tumultuous times.

View user profile

50 Re: Player Characters on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:36 pm

name greywolf
live in lurem
former job teacher
bio during the revolution was help training people basic read an numbers

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum