» Turn 6-1069
Yesterday at 11:30 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Player Characters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Player Characters on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:13 pm

NOTICE
If you do not at least list your birthplace you do not exist as far as the game is concerned. At the moment only two players fall under this category; Spirit of Memory and GrinningCat2013.

52 Silas Garnier on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:32 am

Name: Silas Garnier / xl_stew
Birthplace: Plainsdale

Politics: Favors Constitutional Monarchy

Last edited by Silas Garnier on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

53 Re: Player Characters on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:54 am

He is from The USA, Arizona. Named DeutschKind by his father and mother, though an awkward naming, he grew up fairly affluent and had ample resources to travel. Finding himself more inline with the culture and people of the Echain area, he moved there and quickly set up a small shop. Due to a stroke of luck, he met and befriended a local, Zeiss. Through this friendship, his position as a store owner was quickly left behind for that of a politician and social worker. Upon the Assassination of Zeiss, he vowed to work in his stead in the steadily forming Echain nation.

in 1945: He started  a company, "Echainan Vineyards". With the money he had made as a small shop owner selling random assortments, he bought land in Northport, and enough seeds to have a start at the wine making process.

I'm dropping out. For personal reasons, and nothing to do with the actual game. I'm sorry for jumping into something I wasn't ready to jump into.

Last edited by DeutscheKind on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

54 Re: Player Characters on Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Name: Coolkid
Birthplace: Plainsdale

History: I was born 1900. My family was in the lower class at the time owning a small farm in the land surrounding Plainsdale. We lived under the rule of the monarchy, always looking up to him and serving him. Supplying our crop when needed keeping enough for ourselves. But even so, even back then did I start to see the cracks in the system. Still my family continued on.

By the time I was fourteen, My family managed to have another child and apparently the rest of the world was going to shambles. It wasn't until six more years after this did I learn of the true extent of what happened in the world. When I had reached the age of Thirty my father had finally died and I took over the family farm running it with my mother and sister.

Sadly everything would all change seven years later when the invaders came. They killed the monarchy and took our land, OUR land by force. Our family farm was barely able to make due with the constant tithes these monsters wanted. I grew scorn towards them and so when they finally left I knew things needed to change. It was around then I learned of how the USSR pushed back an ally of these Japanese. How not too long ago they themselves were ruled by a monarchy, but then they changed everything with communism. It was finally then I knew that that was what echain needed.

(This is a definite WIP But here a small background on the Coolkid)

View user profile

55 Re: Player Characters on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:11 pm

Name: Nerozaz
Birthplace: Stockholm, Sweden

History: Born into a normal family, young Nerozaz was brought by loving parents that wanted their son to live a normal life. But there son was stubborn and determined to make something of himself. After finishing school the young adult studied for many different professions, but never finding something that felt right.

At the age 25 Nerozaz, unemployed became politicly involved when a friend invited him to a meeting of pro royalists, "Svenska Monarki Rörelsen" (SMR). The SMR had been on the rise with the current goverment failing and the once just symbolic monarchy had been gaining more support. Feeling like this is where he could put himselves to use, Nerozaz, with the help of his friend joined the movement just before the world turn upside on its head.

View user profile

56 Re: Player Characters on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Name: free7694
Birthplace: Waltens
Politicial Views: Libertarian
Birthdate: April 3, 1908

His father was quite successful in Waltens' bustling real estate market, so much so that his mother was able to stay home and raise him and his two siblings. Dad wanted him to follow in his footsteps and go into real estate, but his eyes were always on the political arena, bringing the Jeffersonian view of "That government is best, which governs least." A view further reinforced by the actions he saw from totalitarian goverments of all political ilks during WWII.

View user profile

57 Re: Player Characters on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Elite NPC
Name: Rafael Marcos
Birthplace: Aberisk

Since having met WhiskeyWhiskers in university the two have been practically inseparable, following him to Spain first and then home after the defeat in the civil war. Rumoured to be lovers, the two are fiercely loyal.

View user profile

58 Re: Player Characters on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:57 am

Elite NPC
Name: Jorge Reyes
Birthplace: Southport

Childhood friends with Mega Z. Erox. During the occupation, he was the first mate of Mega's smuggling ship (the Speedy Piranha). Wherever Mega is, Jorge isn't far off.

Edit: Oops. Moving this to the proper thread.

View user profile

59 Re: Player Characters on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:15 am

Hello all. My name is Thorne Redmane. I am a diplomat for Echain, and have lived here my whole life. I was born and raised in the Central Rdion, although I went to university in Aberisk for a time before the occupation, but only just. I had just finished my first year when the Japanese occupation struck, so I was forced to leave when the university shut down. I returned to Central to await my fate with the rest of my family, who were mildly prominent members of the League. Unfortunately, they were all killed during the occupation, and my family home was left in ruins. I technically own the property, but there isn't much to own at the moment, simply a husk of its former glory. Anyway, during the occupation, I basically tried to rally for peace, even going so far as to learn Japanese in order to try to speak with the Japanese military forces. I was able to pacify the local forces for a time by helping the occupation take place smoothly so as to lessen the loss of life. That all changed when I made connections with the guerilla fighters. I began working with them, sending recruits and the occasional smuggled weapon, as well as running communications between cells. Unfortunately, I was discovered. That's when my family was killed. I was tortured for information for months, but I never gave them anything. Fortunately for me, the war ended a few months after I had been "arrested." I am proud of my small part in the rebellion, and have a strong sense of hope and national pride for the future of Echain. I would like to create peace with the other nations of this world (Yes even Japan), and work towards putting an end to the atrocities of war.
(OOC: My family is originally from Scotland, being business magnates that moved to Echain to get away from all the European politics in the late 1800s. All my family's documents were lost however, so I don't know much more than that.)

View user profile

60 Re: Player Characters on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Name: Ceca Sander
Birthplace: Southport
Date of birth: May 6, 1914
Political leaning: economic liberal

Although ostensibly originated from Europe, the Sander family had been a prolific member of the League Assembly for centuries. The family made most of their wealth through sheep and cow ranching and processing wool, leather and meat. The early 1800's, family head Tycho Sander decided to change course and began to focus on maritime shipping, selling off most of the pastures. Despite initial problems (and ridicule), this quickly made the Sanders one of the richest families in Echain, with steamships sailing to every corner of the world. They founded their own shipyard in Southport, which became one of the largest in the Asia-Pacific region by the 1920's. When the Japanese came, most of the family's wealth and possessions in Echain were confiscated and many of its members executed or sent to camps. Ceca's father Coen had been able to flee Southport with four ships, bringing his wife and children and as much money and possessions he could gather. Narrowly escaping the Japanese blockade (although losing one ship to an aerial patrol), they slipped to Australia, while trying to divert as much other family vessels that were on the seas. In Australia, Coen had hoped to restart the family trading business, but government obstruction and the looming of a greater Pacific war made difficult, resulting in many of the 24 surviving ships spending their days in port. In 1940, when Australia increased its involvement in the Second World War, most of the ships were confiscated for the war effort, leaving the family with only four small ships and a meager compensation.

Coen died a year later and left the business to his sons Ceca, Karol and Benn. As fresh young head of the remenants of the Sander family, he had less business savvy and experience, but a greater conscience than his father. Instead of fighting the Australians, he decided to cooperate, frequently leasing out the remaining ships to the navy. He moved to Canberra to lobby the government to push for Echian liberation, deeply regretting abandoning his homeland. As a kind of compromise, Benn (who had joined the Royal Australian Navy in 1939) was made commander of the auxillery fleet containing the Sander ships. clandestinely, Ceca frequently sent ships to supply the Echainian underground, and when the revolution came in 1945, it had been Sander ships who had brought the arms and supplies the revolters had needed to take over. After the war ended, the family was more generously compensated and most of the surviving ships were returned.

The family returned to Echain in late 1945. Ceca hoped to restore the family business and the family name. The Sander family's escape had left a conflicting legacy. While the flight had been considered desertion, the family's position as one of the few remaining old elites, as well as its advocacy vor Echain during it exile left with some popular and political goodwill. The Sander Yards were reclaimed and re-opened and through the connections he made across the Pacific, Sander ships were sailing the oceans soon once more. Realizing the potential that business money could have in rebuilding the country, Ceca began entering the political stage as well.

Last edited by Cecasander on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

61 Re: Player Characters on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:09 pm

INTERVIEW WITH FIELD MARSHALL ID WW117 FOR STATE WAR RECORDS

“You want politics go talk to the Secretary of Defense, you want actually get something done about our enemies, then come to me”
Name: WarWager117
Place of Birth: Northport
Date of Birth: May 13th 1918 (28)
Political views: Hates Politicians
FM “Why do I have to give a damn interview again?”
Int “It was ordered by the Secretary…sir”
FM “…. figures, let’s just get this over”
Int “Thank you sir, now if I can just get your name...”
FM “Is it not on your paper there?”
Int “Well yes but for the record”
FM “Look you want to know about me fine, but I’m not doing your job for you,”
Int “Well sir if I could just”
FM “You cannot…look. I’m not trying to be an asshole despite what my reputation would say otherwise, but I hate this kind of paperwork crap, so let me give you the summary, I’m from Northport, born and raised there with my mother and father, my father was a carpenter and my mother made heavy clothes to sell for the winter, you ever been to Northport?, seen those big mother trees they have up there?”
Int “Uh..no sir”
FM “I didn’t think so, you don’t look like the outdoors type, my life was good, simple but good, at least until the damn Japs showed up and screwed the country to the wall, they showed up, just a few squads of them to our little island, one of those squads happened to assume it could just break down the door of my father’s house and take what they wanted, the first 2 got a face full of birdshot from my father’s old gun,.. of course, all that did was piss off the others, which proceeded to kill my mother and father and burn our house, I was out getting wood for dinner, came back to my entire world on fire. You should know the rest of the story from the newsreels”

Int “Um yes..yes sir, the guerilla campaign you started afterword has been praised by the Secretary as being effective. If somewhat brutal and”

FM “You ever been in war”

Int “Well no sir..I served in..”

FM “So no, let me tell you something, if the Secretary has a problem with the way I conduct my campaigns he should have the balls to tell me himself, I give my men clear instructions, no burning, no raping, no killing the children and the elderly., anyone who breaks those instructions knows the penalty. My men are nothing like those Japs.

Int “Thank you sir. Now if I could just ask”

FM “You really can’t, that’s all your getting today, you want more details come by the officers’ quarters sometime and buy me a drink, otherwise I have an Army to keep trained and ready”

INT “For what..sir?”

FM “For anyone stupid enough to try and screw with my home after they saw what we did to the Japs”

View user profile

62 Re: Player Characters on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:49 pm

OOC: For personal reasons, I'm dropping out. I wanted to do something I wasn't at all ready to do. I'm sorry.

View user profile

63 Re: Player Characters on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:51 am

Name: Kirky
Birthplace: Walten
DoB: 14.12.1907

I was born as a illegitimate son of a League Lord but I was raised in secret by my mother. I can't complain much as I had everything I would need given to me, a private education, food, a roof over my head. I didn't learn about my heritage until I was 18 and being sent to Aberisk University. During my time as a student I found myself fascinated by philosophical idea's, so much so that I even went against my fathers orders and studied it for my degree. In time I even began to teach the subject i loved at the university. Obviously all of this changed during the Japanese invasion. Several of my colleagues protested the destruction of the University, none of them survived. I myself fled to Lurem, where I learned the folly of the lower class. After the occupation I returned to Walten to discover that my half brother and sister had been killed and I was now inheriting his lands. I vowed to use my greater influence to promote the equality and well being of all.

View user profile

64 Re: Player Characters on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:58 pm

Director Karbin Cry died from bloodloss after being shot by Minister of Finance and Transportation, bigbadwolfhub, in March 1946.

RIP

View user profile

65 Re: Player Characters on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:27 am

Karbin Cry wrote:Director Karbin Cry died from bloodloss after being shot by Minister of Finance and Transportation, bigbadwolfhub, in March 1946.

RIP

Mr. Gollvieg holds a funeral for him a few days later but is disappointed that no one showed up to the celebration buffet he set up.

View user profile

66 Re: Player Characters on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:28 am

OOC: Please, don't do anything with my body yet. Right now, it's slowly getting colder and colder in some "hospital" in Central City.

View user profile

67 Re: Player Characters on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:28 am

OOC: Nobody appeared at the funeral either... Very Happy

View user profile

68 Re: Player Characters on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:35 am

Only because he locked me in his house and no one's remembered to let me out.  pale

View user profile

69 Re: Player Characters on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:35 am

Name: Suko Shinpei
Place of Birth: Gomura, Versberg
Date of Birth: June 21 of 1907 (38 years of age)
Political view: Regionalist (leaning toward Versberg selfrule), Internationalist (Cosmopolitan)

Shinpei is second generation Japanese, his parent being part of late 19th century immigration wave to Versberg called the "Ruber Fever", but considers himself to be first and foremost a Versbergian, going so far as to explicitly using Echaini with strong Versberg accent even to speak to most Japanese-speaking persons.
After finishing elementary education in a local school (not very good school, but he is literate in both Echaini and Japanese), he became a worker in the rubber industry, and in 1929, on his 3rd attempt, he was admitted to the army academy for an 4-8 year line officer program (sadly, for non-aristocrats this meant almost always 8 years of little pay and heavy duty service, with little education). He, however, supplemented his studies by reading a lot of literature on military tactics from the library. Despite being one of the more advanced cadets, he was thrown out in 1935 due to worsening relations with Japan, and he was forced by necessity to return to his former trade - latex collecting, hard labour.
After the occupation, he hoped it could be beneficial for Versberg, and signed up with local collaboration police. However, by 1940 he became a double agent of the Resistance after being disillusioned by Japanese exploitation of Versberg. In 1942, he was exposed and imprisoned in Versberg, pending trial and probable execution.
By reference from the Resistance, he was represented by a newly arrived expat with forged degree in law, KarbinCry, who got him off by suggesting Shinpei's former commander (who served as de facto judge) should, under Yokai's law, commit seppuku for being fool for so long, and then offering him a way out: a technicality, mishandling of evidence, which would normally be overlooked, but commander saw in it a chance to save face - Shinpei's guilt was not proven, although he was discharged from the collaboration police.
After that Shinpei and KarbinCry rose together through the ranks of the Insurgency, eventually commanding their own cell. In the unit, KarbinCry was CO responsible for strategic decisions and cooperation with other cells, whereas Shinpei took role of an XO, responsible for tactics, leading operations from the line and training cell members.
During this short time a strong bond of friendship and understanding developed between the two men.
He began his involvement in Echaini politics after Karbin Cry was killed by Minister bigbadwolfhub.

View user profile

70 Re: Player Characters on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:42 am

OOC: It's been 3 months and you guys are killing each other faster than one can say Aaron Burr

View user profile

71 Re: Player Characters on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 am

Name: Real Name Unknown calls himself Titan
Place of Birth: Unknown but claims Versberg as his "Home town"
Date of Birth: Unknown (estimated to be in his 30s)

Little is known about this man but he claims to be the leader of an Independent Echaini Mercenary Company called Das Maskierte (DM). He showed up soon after the beginning of the Refugee crisis with his personal army in tow but no one has seen his true face as he never meets anyone without his mask on but people agree that he is a dangerous man to cross and a deadly ally to have. At this point in time there is no way to contact this man but rest assured, he will be hiring out his services very soon.

View user profile

72 Re: Player Characters on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Name: Vladislav Krenzler

Position: Admiral

Place of Birth: Kautschukhof, Versberg

Born in 1916, Vladislav was raised, like his father, grandfather and great grandfather before him, to be a fisherman by trade. Their family wasn't poor, but neither would anyone ever consider them particularly wealthy, having worked hard for generations to secure their comfortable lifestyle. This, of course, changed with the arrival of the Imperial Japanese Army, hungry for the rubber Versberg had in abundance. Vladislav was twenty one at the time, having taken over the fishing business from his father only three years before. His family, like many others, were pressed into service in the work camps. His father, mother and uncle all died due to the terrible conditions they were forced to endure, Vladislav coming to bear a terrible hatred for the Japanese invaders as a result. So, when the chance came to escape and join the resistance, he was only too happy to take it. He was a man with nothing to lose, taking every opportunity he could to strike back against the tyrants who had destroyed his life. In the final push to take back the capital, Vladislav lost his left eye due to a grazing hit from an officer's sidearm. He repaid this by skewering the man on his bayonet and taking his Type 94 Shin-Gunto as a trophy, which he keeps at his side to this day.

View user profile

73 Re: Player Characters on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:35 pm

I'm just going to post this here. It is probably obvious by now as I haven't posted anything in around 2 weeks, but I'm not going to be able to continue this game. Unfortunately, my assurances to myself that this semester wouldn't be as busy as my last two turned out to be false, and I have basically been busy nonstop for like 2 weeks. I have some free time this weekend, but my inactivity would start right back up again, so I'll avoid all of that.

I had a blast, and I really wish I had the time to devote to this.

Good luck everyone with your political goals!

View user profile

74 Re: Player Characters on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:01 pm

Governor Mega Erox wrote:I'm just going to post this here. It is probably obvious by now as I haven't posted anything in around 2 weeks, but I'm not going to be able to continue this game. Unfortunately, my assurances to myself that this semester wouldn't be as busy as my last two turned out to be false, and I have basically been busy nonstop for like 2 weeks. I have some free time this weekend, but my inactivity would start right back up again, so I'll avoid all of that.

I had a blast, and I really wish I had the time to devote to this.

Good luck everyone with your political goals!

Thank you for playing and "May you heart be your guiding key."

Also, "May you throw the light to the future"

View user profile

75 Re: Player Characters on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:44 pm

I have no idea what's going on HElP ME

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum