Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Today at 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Yesterday at 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

You are not connected. Please login or register

PUBLIC: Wherein Regional Advocates Address Their Regions

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Northport, Townsquare

Following the statement made by Zeiss, Braigwen travels to the square in Northport.

"I know that those of you gathered have questions after the announcement recently made by Zeiss. I will attempt to put those fears to rest. I, like those of you gathered here, am concerned about the future of the nation that I fought for; that my father and so many others died for.

I am coming to you as a citizen with no special privileges, whether from birth or luck. A normal citizen deciding the direction of the nation we live in. And soon you will be able to decide that direction as well. In the coming weeks we will present to you, the people of Echain, a draft of the Constitution we are drawing up as we speak. This is not being done in a vacuum. You, the citizens of this nation, will vote upon this document, thereby setting our course for the future.

When this is completed, the sun will rise upon a newly formed Representative Democracy. You, everyday people, will have a say in what happens. We welcome, and encourage you to speak with us. We can not forge our future without you.

As of today, a Bill of Rights has been ratified."

Braigwen reads from a page in her hand.

"First; freedom of Speech, Assembly and freedom to practice religion will never be infringed.

Second; taking inspiration from the Fifth Amendment in the U.S. Constitution, you will be protected from being compelled to being a witness against yourself in a criminal case.

Third; no man can own another, in any circumstance.

Fourth; all citizens have the right to own property.

Fifth; all have the right to equal representation within the government regardless of gender, race, or religion.

Sixth; the right of Habeas Corpus is preserved.

Seventh; the government, barring incarceration, cannot prohibit movement within or without the country. You are free to travel where you're heart desires.

And finally, Eighth; Eminent domain does exist, but each case has to be decided by trial by jury."

Braigwen pauses to look out over the crowd of people gathered.

"Though we have made great strides in the last few weeks, we need the help of all citizens of Echain. I will carry your concerns and suggestions with me back to City Central as part of the group of ordinary citizens who have volunteered to ensure the new Constitution protects the citizens. Any and all suggestions are welcome."

Last edited by The Lorerunner on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To include all speeches in this thread so the entire forum doesn't become a mess.)

View user profile
OOC: Moving Chaos's post here.

Message to the people of Versberg:
Some of you may know me from the revolution but my name is Chaos_Ryder. As you may know many people that participated in the revolution are in city central attempting to establish a government for the benefit of all.
I know some of you may have some questions or concerns about this whole thing and that is where I come in. I have the privilege of representing versberg in this constitutional matter. If anyone has any ideas, or concerns about what has already been made public please contact me. You'll find my address on the Flier. My home is open to those who wish to discuss these issues in more detail in person rather than over mail, If I have to I'll empty my barn and we can hold meetings, although you might have to bring your own seats if you object to sitting on hay.

OOC: Part of my job is to communicate to Southport, correct? So here is my communication in character.

This is given from the main square of the city, close by the docs. There is a mention in the local newspaper which announces it publicly the morning of the speech.

IC: Citizens o' Southport! We did be 'earin' your concerns and that o' the ex-prince Zeiss. We do be understandin' that you be feelin' that the const'ution drafitin' be undemocratic. I do be wishin' to assure you all that it is not the case. Originally, with all the delegates speakin' at once, we were no' makin' progress. So, we did be decidin' that there would be a few delegates selected for their varied beliefs that represented the 3 major factions. The final draft o' the const'ution would be discussed by the delegates and then be voted on. Other delegates were free to be makin' their own constitution. We do no' be expectin' the response we did. So we did change it.

Now, we have new roles to be providin' more oversight for the constitutional process. I do be 'avin' the honor o' bein' the representative o' Southport. Any Southport citizen may discuss any concerns with me and I will make sure that the framers be 'earin' it and be modifyin' the const'ution appropriately. If you do be wantin' to contribute, just talk to your local town 'all official.

Last edited by MegaZeroX on Tue 3 Jan 2017 - 22:07; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed to keep within lore)

Setting himself upon the raised stage, TomRP looked out across the throngs of the stony faced masses that had assembled on the wide main road that cut through the city of Lurem.

"Brothers, Sisters... Comrades. We have gathered to proudly announce the formation of the Provisional All-Peoples Government of Lurem. As usual it is us, the workers, who are the do'ers. And we having been doing!", clearing his throat and moving closer to microphone, he continued. "It has now been days since we put the tyrant into the ground, and the hardships are only beginning. Crime, starvation, sanitation. The frost will not rest while the self-elected elites decide on which laws fit best for them. We must act", rain begins to trickle from the grey clouds above. "Mutual cooperation is how we will progress. The formation of the All-People's Volunteer Army will protect the streets, protect the livestock and guarantee the maintenance of the region against degradation, natural or... otherwise. All citizens are welcome in the volunteer army, each will receive a generous allowance and comfort in the knowledge that you will put food in the stomachs of your families. Our eight-point plan will be distributed to every house, every business and every soul. When a national government has formed, and we believe they hold your interests at heart, we will stand down". TomRP raises his voice for the final line, "rejoice! For a bright, new era is stretched out before us - an era for all people!".

Crest of the PA-PGL
Headquarters: Century House, Lurem.
Capital: Lurem
Date Formed: XX/XX/1945

Caretaker-General: TomRP

Declared sphere of influence of PA-PGL:

With immediate effect, the following declaration are codified within the claimed sphere of influence of the PA-PGL, and enforced by the Lurem All-People's Volunteer Army.

1. Full recognition of the formal document (points 1 - 4) entered into the Echain library starting: "That it be recognized that the day on which the illegal occupying forces of Japan were removed ...", as yet unnamed or labelled.
2. Full amnesty granted to all acts of terrorism, crime, property damage conducted as part of the revolutionary war starting from the date of the Provisional Government's formation.
3. Abolition of all hereditary titles, and all restrictions on services and rights ruled against class, religion or gender.
4. As no formal national government has formed, all taxation to bodies outside of the PA-PGL jurisdiction is suspended, and redirected to the central government bank in Lurem.
5. Temporary replacement of the national police service duties by the LA-PVA.
6. Temporary replacement of the national fire service duties by the LA-PVA.
7. Full militarisation of the province to guarantee all citzens the right of self-preservation. All citizens may possess firearms, but the sale of firearms is strictly prohibited. Members of the LA-PVA are the only citizens that reserve the right carry firearms in public.
8. Department of Justice will have full discretion to declare on all legal matters, without the right of appeal. All cases will be subject to review once a national government forms, and the PA-PGL dissolves.

View user profile
OOC: Standing in front a large assemble of nobles within a old ballroom in one of the country manors outside of City Central.

IC:
Ladies and gentleman, as you all know was I chosen to relay the information given to me by the Committee for Democratic Constitution regarding our possible future constitution. Most of you are already informed about the state of this document, for those of you not, please seek me later in private as I do not wish the bore the ladies and gentleman with long winded readings of information already familiar to good 90% of you.

Yet what I have to say next is a travesty, is nothing but an open attack against what we all hold dear!
No King! You heard me right ladies and gentleman. No King or Queen shall represent us, give us hope in times of instability or give us pride in times of glory! I tied to reason with said committee. Tried to come to a consensus, to cooperate so our great nation can become great once more! But I was simply denied. No more monarch, no more rights and status for the aristocracy!

Ladies and gentleman I am of the opinion that every single one of you can make up their own mind about this and that there is no need for me to spell out what this will mean for us as a people and a culture!

In my own opinion, we can and will not accept this! We did not shed our blood for our fatherland so it can be taken away from under our very noses right after victory! All who follow me, the soldiers of the “former” royal guard, those you believe in our Nation, in our culture cannot accept this!

View user profile
e: OOC: In retrospect this isn't the right place for this.

View user profile
Citizens o' Southport! The committee did complete a draft o' the const'ution. In this draft, things that I did be 'earin' come up yesterday with concerns that you 'ad that you brought to Southport officials were addressed. The votin' system will not be simple one person one vote. Everyone will get to choose 3 senators, positions that will be makin' and votin' on laws. Southport did be gettin' a level of local autonomy. The only powers the national gov'ment will 'ave are: military powers, so that we can be 'avin' a strong unified defense, criminal and civil law, which our region can be supplementin' with our own laws, university level education, transportation, foreign relations, and fiscal policies (with taxes) to be supportin' all o' it. Southport will be able to be 'avin' its own governor and assembly to be doin' anythin' else. This, one o' the biggest concerns that I did be 'earin', 'as been addressed.

Now, that all bein' said, it isn't finished yet, and still is a draft. If any citizen o' Southport has a concern that is no' addressed, we can be addressin' it any time before Sunday, when we will be 'avin' a vote on what const'ution will be takin'. If any citizen o' Southport 'as a concern, bring it up to your local clerk. Inside, there should be the current rough draft o' the const'ution. Which does be leadin' me to my last point.

There 'ave been some competing const'utions bein' proposed. The only one so far that actually be more than a vague manifesto is the one proposed by Zeiss, our ex-heir. Now, I do no' want to be interferin' with the people o' Southport's right to be choosin' whatever const'ution they like best, but I do no' be a big fan o' Zeiss' const'ution. First o' all, it does no' 'ave the democratic backing o' the committee's (which I will be callin' the DC cons'ution from now on). The DC const'ution was modified by YOUR feedback. You all did be creatin' a const'ution, and Zeiss do be tryin' to replace it with his own.

Secondly, Zeiss is tryin' to merge us Southportians with Plainsdalians. While we do be 'avin' no bad blood between us and them, we do no' be wantin' our region's politics to be interfered with. Plainsdalians care more about agriculture, and we do be carin' more about our trade in the Pacific. Third, Zeiss do be givin' way more power to the national gov'ment. Anythin' not listed under an "executive power o' the provinces" is a power given to the national gov'ment. This means Southport would be havin' significantly less power under the Zeiss const'ution. I could be keepin' goin' on. 'E does no' even 'ave a judicial branch. No courts at all. I do be sayin' without regrets that its madness!

I do be 'avin hundreds o' local copies o' both const'utions kept in city 'all, kindly provided by The Echain Post. I do be thinkin' you'll know which one is the superior one. Do be keepin' in mind that the DC one is not yet finished.

OOC: As a new user I can't yet provide external links, so you will need to go to post 573 on page 23 of the Committee for Democratic Constitution for that one and PUBLIC: List of the proposed Constitutions for Zeiss'

Last edited by MegaZeroX on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated to mention who printed the constiutions)

View user profile
Dear citizens of versberg,
                                 I've heard your feedback and have been observing the Crafting of this constitution with great care. You may have seen rough copies of the constitution already and if you have not, please see your local postmaster for copies.
                       Those of you who know me know that I am not a fan of over-long addresses, so I'll keep this brief.
                         I believe this to be a strong and trustworthy document. It has a strong central framework for the central government while allowing individual regions to make laws and decisions based on its own needs and wishes.
                          The two main areas of national control are the Military and The justice system. The military will protect all of us and the Justice system will punish criminals from every region.
                Those seem reasonable decisions to me.
                          Make sure to pay attention to the other constitutions out there, I am here to represent you, not to indorse one type of government over another. As the vote comes to a close remember that positions in the government will be needed no matter what constitution wins the vote.
Keep the future of this fair nation in your hearts and minds.

-Sincerely, Chaos_Ryder

View user profile
OOC: Moving Paradox's post here.

Eastport, Townsquare

*Para Dox(TheUltimateParadox’s) stands outside of the international Echain parties’ headquarters, addressing the populace about the recent interview with Zeiss.*

“I know you all must have questions about the recent development with Zeiss. You’re all scared, confused, and worried about your nation as much as I am, but fear not, the sun will rise again in the morning. Zeiss has abdicated any claim he may have had to the throne, whether it angers you, excites you, or confuses you, we mustn’t allow that to tear apart our nation. We found the heir, that is all that matters. For now, we must lick our wounds and fix our nation.”

“I was born here in Southport, like most of you, my family suffered greatly under Japanese rule; my father lost an eye and a leg, and my brother was taken prisoner, and his body was never found….”

*A moment of silence from Para Dox as he tried to form words. *

“…and our business was nearly destroyed during the occupation. We shan’t go through that again.”

“Like me, the people should also have a say in our brand new government. Soon you, yes you, will decide the direction our great nation will take.”

“Some of you fishermen might have heard rumors from Northport about our very own Bill of rights, and those rumors are indeed true. I might sound like a broken record for repeating this, but for those who haven’t heard…”

*Para Dox clears his throat, then begins reading off the paper.*

“First things first; Our nation will allow freedom of speech, assembly and freedom to practice religion without fear of being imprisoned, so says the first article of the bill.”

“All of you will be protected from being compelled to being a witness against yourself in a criminal case, so says the Second article of the bill.”

“A man shall never own another man, so says the Third article of the bill.”

“Citizens have the right to own property, as long as said property doesn’t violate the third, so says the Fourth article of the bill.”

“Your gender, race, and religion matters to our great Echain, so you all have equal representation within the government, so says the Fifth article of the bill.”

“The right of Habeas Corpus is preserved, so says the Sixth article of the bill.”

“Our government shall not prohibit our citizens from movement. You have the freedom to leave, to stay, or to travel anywhere you see fit, so says the Seventh article of the bill.”

“Finally; Eminent domain does exist, but each case has to be decided by trial by jury, so says the Eighth article of the bill.”

*Para Dox grabs a cup of water, then drinks it down before addressing the crowd further.*

“The trade with Australia has vastly improved Eastport, since the Japanese left our shores. Ha, just the other day I saw the vast amount of cargo being shipped off to Australia; it brought a tear to my eye. As of today, I will gladly accept your concerns regarding our Bill of Rights. I will be a conduit of the people, and I will bring your concerns to the people on top. So says I, Para Dox of Eastport, and fellow member of the international Echain Party. Long live Echain and its people!”

Citizens o' Southport. The Democratic Const'ution is comin' along nicely, and if you be wantin' to see it, and be given' feedback, the normal is true. You can see current copies o' const'utions in City 'All (courtesy o' the Echain Post), and talk to an official to give feedback. However, there is somethin' more important I do be needin' to be talkin' about.

As many o' you may o' heard in the latest edition o' the Echain Post, Zeiss, the ex-prince, 'as decided to be creatin' 'is own agency, the EIA. Without permission from the provisional gov'ment, the current representives o' the people of Echain, 'e 'as created a paramil'tary group. Supposedly, it is under the authority o' the const'ution that only Zeiss took part in creatin'. Supposedly, it only be confiscatin' Japanese property to "safeguard it" and interrogatin' Japanese. Only Japanese, 'e says. Southport 'as many Japanese citizens. I do be seein' many in audience today. Later, 'e flipped and said "only former collaborators." E'en presumin' this be true, how do we be knowin' 'e is followin' this without oversight. 'Ow much suspicion is enough to be considered a former collaborator? I do be fearin' in my heart that the Japanese residents are bein' oppressed.

Perhaps e'en more worryingly, with the current state o' Echain, is that 'is group 'e formed is now powerful mil'tarily. If 'is const'ution isn't approved, 'e could launch a successful rebellion. It do be terrifyin' me that the entire democracy o' Echain could be overthrown. Your voices could be lost 'cause o' this. I do be aware that many o' you do be proud and loyal to Zeiss do to 'is royal blood, and due to 'is upbringin' in Southport. But it do be saddenin' me to think that none o' the culture o' southport, and none o' the wiseness o' the royal blood rubbed off on 'im. Clearly, e' doesn't embrace the multiculturalism o' Southport, with 'is treatment 'o the term "Japanese" to be synonymous with "Japanese Collaborators." Clearly, 'e doesn't value Southport's history o' democracy, as 'e consulted no one but 'imself. Clearly, 'e didn't 'ave the patience o' the royal blood, or 'e would 'ave waited to run for a position of director of intelligence that 'e probably would 'ave won with 'is royal blood.

I do be fearin' that we may return to a similar state that we face when we were occupied by Japan. Thus, with a heavy heart, I do be callin' upon the the people o' Southport to support Echain in resistin' this tyrannical agency. I do be suggestin' the followin'.

1) Do no' cooperate with any EIA member.
2) Do no' allow any member of the EIA into Southport.
3) Join me in formin' a militia to ensure the safety o' the Japanese Echainians and ensure Zeiss do no' forcefully overtake our gov'ment if 'e do no' like the const'ution that passees.
4) Convince your family and friends to no' be trustin' o' the EIA, and 'elp stop this power grab.

I do be recognizin' that Southport 'as already bled for the last decade under tyrannical rule. 'Owever, we do need to be takin' action now to stop 'istory from repeatin' itself. We did be sufferin' for the past decade. We do no' be wantin' to suffer for another three decades. With luck, we do no' be needin' only more blooshed, and Zeiss will step down. Please be helpin' me to keep Southport, and Echain as a whole, free from oppression.

Last edited by MegaZeroX on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:14 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Lots o' Typos (need to be fixin' my accent))

View user profile
To the attention of Megazero; you should reread the EIA's tasks I have listed. It's "Investigate the documents of the military government, and interrogate the collaborators."

It doesn't say "Japanese collaborators".

View user profile
Zeiss wrote:Seize the Japanese assets that haven't been claimed by the representatives of the provisional government, with the intention of safeguarding them until a government is elected.

View user profile
And later in the discussion, I specified that it would only target the assets of Yokoi previous regime. Not the citizens.

View user profile
Zeiss wrote:And later in the discussion, I specified that it would only target the assets of Yokoi previous regime. Not the citizens.

Which I did be sayin' in my speech.

MegaZeroX wrote:Only Japanese, 'e says. Southport 'as many Japanese citizens. I do be seein' many in audience today. Later, 'e flipped and said "only former collaborators."

View user profile
Oh, I see. You are using a rhetoric method to pull the public's opinion to your side. Please carry on.

View user profile
Still, the fact we could understand EIA's goals as being such shows how lax those are, if nothing else.

View user profile
OOC: I'm treating this entire confrontation with Zeiss here as part of an argument with a staunch royalist in the audience

Zeiss wrote:Oh, I see. You are using a rhetoric method to pull the public's opinion to your side. Please carry on.

I do no' be playin' tricks. I just be relayin' what happened. 'E said publically 'e would confiscate Japanese assets. There be many witnesses. Later, 'e only said collaborators, but the mere slip up shows 'e do no' 'ave much respect for the Japanese citizens o' Echain.

View user profile
KarbinCry wrote:Still, the fact we could understand EIA's goals as being such shows how lax those are, if nothing else.

The organization had been newly established by a single man and im 100% certain they are subject to change.

View user profile
Zeiss wrote:Oh, I see. You are using a rhetoric method to pull the public's opinion to your side. Please carry on.

I hope you enjoyed being on your high horse, since in tan be argued that your preemptive abdication and EIA with its vague rules are much more dangerous populist attempts to win public approval.

As can be your apparent disdain for debate, the essential tool of Democracy, which is naught but application of the rhetorical arts to sway people's opinions to ones side.

View user profile
KarbinCry wrote:

I hope you enjoyed being on your high horse, since in tan be argued that your preemptive abdication and EIA with its vague rules are much more dangerous populist attempts to win public approval.

As can be your apparent disdain for debate, the essential tool of Democracy, which is naught but application of the rhetorical arts to sway people's opinions to ones side.

Are you all that scared of a conspiracy? Think about it. If Zeiss already stated that the only type of government should be a republic, any attempt of gaining power in the form of tyranny would lead to the lose of trust among the people for Zeiss. Thus, most public approval will go down the toilet alongside Zeiss's coup or anything else he performs.

I, also, must agree that politics is the use of rhetoric to sway the opinions of the public to your viewpoint.

View user profile
If you can't see the dangers we have presented here I truly am at a loss for words. No accountability, unchecked and unsupervised power over secret police actions against unidentifed people? This is sounding for like the SS than any "Intelligence" agency I would think of.

OOC: I am heading to bed guys if you need me PM me and I'll check it in the morning!

View user profile
There are more shades of tyranny, and, also it doesn't matter who the individual who assumes undue power is, as don't his motives or morals.

grifenknight wrote:
The organization had been newly established by a single man and I'm 100% certain they are subject to change.

Thank you for so concisely highlighting my main issues with EIA. It is set up by one man who wields absolute power over it, so he can change the rules however he wants to, even secretly.

And, if my offer of compromise is reasonable, why hadn't Zeiss agreed to it already? He debated for a while, fine, but right now he is merely stalling, which further raises the his suspiciousness (and again - even if he wasn't at all suspicious, he would face the same scrutiny from me).

View user profile
KarbinCry wrote:There are more shades of tyranny, and, also it doesn't matter who the individual who assumes undue power is, as don't his motives or morals.

grifenknight wrote:
The organization had been newly established by a single man and I'm 100% certain they are subject to change.

Thank you for so concisely highlighting my main issues with EIA. It is set up by one man who wields absolute power over it, so he can change the rules however he wants to, even secretly.

And, if my offer of compromise is reasonable, why hadn't Zeiss agreed to it already? He debated for a while, fine, but right now he is merely stalling, which further raises the his suspiciousness (and again - even if he wasn't at all suspicious, he would face the same scrutiny from me).

OOC: I believe he might be afk.

View user profile
OOC: For the sake of convenience I will be referring to Northport as the whole region, not merely the major city. Same for the others.

@Braigwen:
The citizenry of Northport requests that their Advocate ensure that either the Constitution or the developed government in its wake work strongly towards a non-state-controlled economy, where the industrialists have the power to choose, buy, sell at their whims.

@MegaZeroX:
The citizenry of Southport is fairly against the Zeiss Constitution, with over 70% in recent poll saying they would oppose it if given a choice. That being said there are some concerns, namely they are pushing for reduced (or removed) tariffs on Pacific trade in exchange for their support and service in a militia. That being said some individuals, almost universally Japanese, do join up in the anti-EIA Militia.

@UltimateParadox
The citizenry of Eastport wishes to ensure their advocate addresses the questions of legality on the ocean with their Constitution and/or government.

@TomRP
The poor of Lurem have signed up in large numbers with the LAPVA, leading to some difficulties in economically supporting them and their families as promised. They are not particularly well armed or trained, but present as a military force.

@ChaosRyder
The citizenry of Versberg thusfar are hesitant about both Constitutions as presented, wishing for more support for a separatist or regionalist mindset. More than once Chaos is approached by civilians (not officials) asking about the possibility of seceding.

@Lorinbas
The esteemed citizenry of Central are fairly opposed to both stated Constitutions, and there have been suggestions and ideas about either forcing Zeiss to take the throne, or electing one of their own (the Aristocracy) to take the throne instead and carry on a new line. The latter idea is gaining popularity by the day.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum