» Turn 6-1069
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:44 pm

Public press release of the Committee for Democratic Constitution

Dear citizens,
while drafting our proposal for a Democratic, Republican and Regionalist Constitution, we have found the need for a Republican flag, since the ancient kings' flag is not suitable for a kingless Republic.
In order to be able to present a proper and popular Design, we have decided to open a competition where every citizen can submit their draft until Friday 6th of January, GMT 22:00, after which a vote will be held until Saturday 7th of January, GMT 22:00, to choose from the designs submitted.

Send your submission via PM to me, add a description or explanation of your choices, should you wish to, and I will add them to the second post of this forum with said descriptions and/or explanations, should these be provided.
Please, keep in mind that those flags should be provided in large images, ideally also wit raw, editable Photoshop / GIMP files (and other alternatives) should you make your flag in such program.

Last edited by KarbinCry on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:51 pm

Proposed Flags

Proposal A - KarbinCry

Proposal B - KarbinCry

KarbinCry wrote:Both proposals A and B are based on the old flag, using same colors and nine stars to represent our Regions.

Proposal C - Gollvieg

Gollvieg wrote:Green: The Land of Echain whose bounty bless the people
Yellow: The Heart of Echain that shine through even in the Darkness
Red: The Fire of Echain that never dies in the face of any storm
9 Stripes for the 9 Provinces and a flame to represent Mt. Voros whose shadow we rest in.

Proposal D - Bing Crosby

Bing Crosby wrote:The star has one point for each major Echaini region, and together they form a star (nine regions under one government, all working toward a common goal of self-actualization). This can be achieved by intersecting three triangles. The three points of the individual triangles represents the executive, legislative, and judicial branches, and the intersecting nature of the three triangles shows how they are inseparable and dependent upon each other—the three must work in harmony in order to have meaning. The field of the flag, I think, should be two evenly distributed vertical stripes, one gold and one green (as these are the national colors). These represent the regional governments and the national government. They work parallel to each other and represent the fundamental ideologies inherent to the constitution (as well as the ideologies of the people [according to polls, 30% of people are regionalists and 30% of people are centralists]).

Proposal E - primarily Bing Crosby

Proposal F - primarily Bing Crosby

Hybrid designs, incorporating the colour Red to symbolise Mt. Voros as proposed by Mr. Gollvieg

Last edited by KarbinCry on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

3 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:00 pm

I would do this myself, but I lack any skill in the art department so I would like to make a request. We should use the design similar to the regional flags(OOC: found in the basic map&info thread), but with a symbol of unity as the main image.

View user profile

4 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:06 am

We at the Echain Flame have called for the children of the Promethean Orphanage to help us design a brand new flag for Echain and here is the wining entry:

Green: The Land of Echain whose bounty bless the people

Yellow: The Heart of Echain that shine through even in the Darkness

Red: The Fire of Echain that never dies in the face of any storm

9 Stripes for the 9 Provinces and a flame to represent Mt. Voros whose shadow we rest in.

View user profile

5 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:26 am

If proposals for a flag are still open, I’d like to make a suggestion.

Of note: This flag would only work if the CDC’s constitution is ratified.

My ideal flag would be a 9-pointed star. The star has one point for each major Echaini region, and together they form a star (nine regions under one government, all working toward a common goal of self-actualization). This can be achieved by intersecting three triangles. The three points of the individual triangles represents the executive, legislative, and judicial branches, and the intersecting nature of the three triangles shows how they are inseparable and dependent upon each other—the three must work in harmony in order to have meaning. The field of the flag, I think, should be two evenly distributed vertical stripes, one gold and one green (as these are the national colors). These represent the regional governments and the national government. They work parallel to each other and represent the fundamental ideologies inherent to the constitution (as well as the ideologies of the people [according to polls, 30% of people are regionalists and 30% of people are centralists]).

OOC: I cant’ make this on my laptop, but here’s a link to a 9 pointed star. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f0/09/1e/f0091ec9866fe44540227b6b851fb283.jpg

View user profile

6 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 am

Bing Crosby wrote:If proposals for a flag are still open, I’d like to make a suggestion.

My ideal flag would be a 9-pointed star. The star has one point for each major Echaini region, and together they form a star (nine regions under one government, all working toward a common goal of self-actualization). This can be achieved by intersecting three triangles. The three points of the individual triangles represents the executive, legislative, and judicial branches, and the intersecting nature of the three triangles shows how they are inseparable and dependent upon each other—the three must work in harmony in order to have meaning. The field of the flag, I think, should be two evenly distributed vertical stripes, one gold and one green (as these are the national colors). These represent the regional governments and the national government. They work parallel to each other and represent the fundamental ideologies inherent to the constitution (as well as the ideologies of the people [according to polls, 30% of people are regionalists and 30% of people are centralists]).

OOC: I cant’ make this on my laptop, but here’s a link to a 9 pointed star. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f0/09/1e/f0091ec9866fe44540227b6b851fb283.jpg

What will be the third color for the Star?

View user profile

7 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:47 am

Bing Crosby wrote:If proposals for a flag are still open, I’d like to make a suggestion.

This is brilliant and I would like to second this form of flag.

View user profile

8 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:49 am

I can make that flag in a couple minutes.

View user profile

9 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:54 am

KarbinCry wrote:I can make that flag in a couple minutes.

Thank god, I was working on it for 15 minuted and the slightly offset triangle was giving me too much trouble

View user profile

10 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:08 am

Here are my two attempts to actualise Mr. Crosby's vision:

Version A
Version B

Is the size and thickness of the star alright?

(I will later ad a 3rd proposal)

View user profile

11 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:11 am

Version A is preferable. I think the star could be a bit thicker, however (the size is perfect). Also, should the lines be black or is there a better color?

View user profile

12 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:47 am

Sorry, couldn't connect to the forums for a while.
There shouldnt be no other terciary color but black due to contrast - lines of the star cant be too thick, otherwise it looks quite bad (I tried).

I agree that the green-yellov variants look better.

Here are further versions (I have yellow-green options available as well):

Version C - Thin
Version D - Thick

View user profile

13 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:54 am

I really like D.

View user profile

14 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:17 am

I made another variant, incorporating red as the symbo of Mt. Voros (as proposed by Mr. Gollvieg), and it is surprisingly the only one wich works better with yellow-green field; also surprisingly, red offers good contrast!

Version E - Tricolor

View user profile

15 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:20 am

Yeah that looks great, though, for some reason, I prefer the green to be on the left side. That's just my opinion, though.

View user profile

16 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:21 am

Great work, sir

View user profile

17 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:23 am

I also enjoy how appropriate it is to have the branches of gvernment and the Regions metaphorically engulfed in flames on this version, as they are right now in reality Very Happy

Version F - Tricolor with green-yellow field
I think with the red star, yellow-green field is more pleasing to the eye

View user profile

18 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:25 am

Having seen both, I still prefer the green-yellow.

And yes, perhaps we need some BLUE to signify water that puts out the flames! Or a damn olive branch. Or a dove. (Not really).

View user profile

19 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:43 am

Yup, that's the one. Three or less colors, simple design and is easy on the eyes. This looks good to me.

View user profile

20 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:49 am

OOC: As a belated point of note, in response to Bing Crosby's comment, arguably the flag discussion is always open. Flags change after all.

21 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:10 pm

As the deadline for the first flag vote is approachin', did you be receivin' me design?

View user profile

22 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:17 pm

MegaZeroX wrote:As the deadline for the first flag vote is approachin', did you be receivin' me design?

I am currently swamped, please submit it directly yourself.

View user profile

23 Re: PUBLIC The Search for a Republican Flag on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:39 pm

'Ere is me flag:

I do be tryin' to represent the symbols o' each region in Echain. It may not be very clean, just a proof o' concept. Someone with better art skills could probably be executin' this better.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum