Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 6-1069
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

Early release of ME:A

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Early release of ME:A on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Hello,
I just read that ME:A is already coming out 21. March...

I am beeing more and more sceptical. Suspect Especially after the... improvable footage we have seen so far... No

What do you think?

Eruanne

View user profile

2 Re: Early release of ME:A on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:45 pm

I am hyped for MEA because it's Bioware and Mass Effect plus the game looks pretty and all, but this is one weird marketing campaign. If I were unfamiliar with the franchise this probably wouldn't have grabbed my attention. It's like they don't want to overhype the game like they did with ME3 or something.

View user profile

3 Re: Early release of ME:A on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:09 pm

That argument might work if it was Bioware that controlled the marketing, not EA. Janky animations and horrible facial expressions aside (cause let's face it Bioware has never done right these technical areas) the gameplay trailer was honestly a good thing. It showed us actual beta game footage with real technical issues like missing sound effects.

View user profile

4 Re: Early release of ME:A on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:05 pm

The only thing I find "odd" is that since the game is presented in a different galaxy, the presence of species that can be found in the milky way would be "unrealistic." This is just my personal though because im a weird person, but otherwise im extremely hyped for me:A.

View user profile

5 Re: Early release of ME:A on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:11 pm

The other main Citadel species (and Krogan) came on the ship as well as humans.

View user profile

6 Re: Early release of ME:A on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:44 pm

I know I've been rather negative about ME:A before now, but I'm not gonna lie.  I am at least interested to see if Bioware can pull the franchise out of the mud and I really, really hope that they can.  I enjoyed one and two, with a few bright spots in three, so, while I'm of course feeling rather cynical about Andromeda, here's hoping they can pull a rabbit out of the hat for this one.

View user profile

7 Re: Early release of ME:A on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Crensler wrote:...while I'm of course feeling rather cynical about Andromeda, here's hoping they can pull a rabbit out of the hat for this one.
You know the old saying..."Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

View user profile

8 Re: Early release of ME:A on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:50 pm

Yeah, I know, but I can't seem to help myself, Dragoon.  I'm not gonna be blindly optimistic or anything, but I'm cautiously hoping, you know what I mean?

View user profile

9 Re: Early release of ME:A on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:55 pm

I was the one who couldn't help myself.............
..............:
from making a Dawn of War joke.

View user profile

10 Re: Early release of ME:A on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Yeah I noticed it.  Silly Dragoon Wink

View user profile

11 Re: Early release of ME:A on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:11 am

@Crensler: I see it exactly like you (enjoyed 1 +2 and parts of 3, beeing cynical but yet kinda hope it works).

I am too interested if they can pull it out of the swamp.

BUt my original question was: Isn't the game coming a little too early? seems like they still did have a lot of work to do.

And I don't belive they do all of this to keep the hype down.

Eruanne

View user profile

12 Re: Early release of ME:A on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:54 am

Yeah, the early release is kind of puzzling.  The cynical part of me is saying EA wants money sooner rather than later, but I suppose it could be any number of other reasons.

View user profile

13 Re: Early release of ME:A on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Bad sign. Calling it now, Andromeda will be a bloated corpse. The franchise will end with a sigh at the advent of the game's release, Rorypocalypse 2017. I don't give a fuck anymore. If you buy it, I really hope you enjoy it so I can be happy for you. I also really hope you come to see it like I do, but at least I can be happy one way or the other.

And so it has been foretold

View user profile

14 Re: Early release of ME:A on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:00 pm

I fear too, that they just want to grab the money and leave it be.

Sounds a bit like No man Sky, but on another level.

Remember the weird preorders you can do via the Homepage? The huge expensive deluxe, specal and collectors editions? Someone wants to milk this cow dead and leave it be (it appears).
I hope I'm wrong. But we will see it.
Lets see how much hair Wink Xagmus looses before the end of the game.

Thank you for your answers! If anyone has any new insights, I'M dying to know them.

I hope for the best and I fear the worst.

Eruanne

View user profile

15 Re: Early release of ME:A on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Are you talking about the pre-order that includes an RC Nomad and bunch of other useless junk? The same pre-order package that doesn't include a copy of the game?

View user profile

16 Re: Early release of ME:A on Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Yes, I couldn't remember all the packages.

The topic " Smudboy on Mass Effect 4: Bioware team still going strong on "screw you" " had it. I am sure we are talking about the same thing.

It does sund like a grab and run scenario, doesn't it?

Eruanne

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum