Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Turn 11-1069
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am by Onyx Aurelius

» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

PUBLIC The Echaini Intelligence Agency (EIA)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Statement from the Provisional All-Peoples Government of Lurem:

The current EIA has my sympathies. I believe it was formed in response to the utter lack of any national transition council, and the dire need to provide basic amenities and protections to our people, rather than out of any tyrannical desires.

I was forced to take direct action also, and the people of Lurem's needs are being met and guaranteed when before they were utterly abandoned, and their views completely ignored. Now Lurem boasts a swelling Volunteer Armed Force securing the safety of ordinary citizens to begin piecing their lives back together after so many years of hardship. The Volunteer Armed Force is growing daily in response to the continued neglect of the views of the Lurem people. Everyday, I swell with pride when I walk among my brothers and sisters of the revolution as they sow their fields and knead their bread. This was only made possible by direct action. Direct action I believe the EIA is taking.

It is a shame that others do not see the suffering of citizens who have surely suffered enough. Although I too share the concerns of many here about what precedent the EIA sets, the PA-PGL will be approaching the EIA to discuss the conditions about formally recognising their authority within the boundaries of PA-PGL controlled territory, in due course.

View user profile
I would like to remind Mr TomRP, that the constitution is but three days away, after which a proper government can be set up, not those unlawful and unjust institutions build on sand, as your VAF and EIA, in their current form.

View user profile
KarbinCry wrote:I would like to remind Mr TomRP, that the constitution is but three days away, after which a proper government can be set up, not those unlawful and unjust institutions build on sand, as your VAF and EIA, in their current form.

Choose your words very carefully if you still wish for the support of the PA-PGL for your constitution, sir. I will let that comment pass without a direct retort, esteemed delegate of the Committee for Democratic Constitution.

View user profile
Here I do not represent the CDC, but only myself, and such an important document as the Constitution surely warrants an unbiased examination to base ones decision on it, no?
Or do you here, publicly, suggest treating the Constitution as a horse haggler treats his mare? Basing your support of a proposal on personal relationship and trading of political favours with its authors?

In either case, I cannot and will not step down. PA-PGL is tolerable, since, unlike EIA, it at least draws legitimacy from its People, yet I cannot condone it fully for the reckless and impatient pseudo-separatism in which it has been set up.

View user profile
Unfortunately whether you intend to or not, you sit on the Committee and naturally reflect the views of at least one of its members in all formal or informal capacities, that is why I warned you in a friendly manner, to choose your words carefully, fellow brother of the revolution...

Also, I am treating your draft constitution with same respect that that constitution has treated the people I represent, sir. That is all. As you have locked out any delegates from other regions, or have ceased publishing updates of it's progress, I am only able to hear of its form from one of your colleagues, who has worked tirelessly to convince me that the committee is working within the best interests of our fair nation - and Lurem, and that is why I have support for it. But it seems you are intent on convincing me otherwise. I do not wish to disrupt this announcement of EIA further, if you have any further comments you know where to contact me.

View user profile

56 Re: PUBLIC The Echaini Intelligence Agency (EIA) on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:23 am

Axecack Enterprises would like to remind our honorable gentlemen that, in the end, we all live together on these islands. If this is to be the example set before the election then we shudder to think what will happen once the campaigning officially starts. We recommend a forward-thinking approach of incorporation. Rather than dissolving any perceived "unconstitutional" organizations, we should acknowledge each other's presence and seek to incorporate everyone into our new government. Our true enemies lie outside of our borders, not within.

View user profile

57 Re: PUBLIC The Echaini Intelligence Agency (EIA) on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:40 am

KarbinCry wrote:I would like to remind Mr TomRP, that the constitution is but three days away, after which a proper government can be set up, not those unlawful and unjust institutions build on sand, as your VAF and EIA, in their current form.

OOC: Have we establish how long 1 days in real life is in the game?

View user profile

58 Re: PUBLIC The Echaini Intelligence Agency (EIA) on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:41 am

OOC: I do not think we did

View user profile

59 Re: PUBLIC The Echaini Intelligence Agency (EIA) on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:47 am

OOC: I believe the system right now is that is is turn based, 1 turn is 1 week in game and turns last for 1 week in RL.

This means it is a hybrid turnbased 1:1 time ration

View user profile

60 Re: PUBLIC The Echaini Intelligence Agency (EIA) on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:08 am

OOC: For the moment we are operating at 1:1 time in character to out, yes. That is subject to change based on Rule 0 as needed. I will be starting a new post very shortly to poll on the EIA's actions.

61 Re: PUBLIC The Echaini Intelligence Agency (EIA) on Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:11 am

While I appreciate the exuberant and verbose defense of the Provisional Government's power and influence by Mr Cry, I do not think condemning the organizations that saved our people from the Imperialist Japanese for doing their jobs is the correct method.

We should all realize that the EIA means well, and we should integrate them into the federal government as quickly as possible so that Mr Cry's contentions, and those of the hair trigger Southport People's Militia, will evaporate.

I urge all Southport People's Militia supporters to consider the effect having a paramilitary organization, something the leader of the SPM has both condemned and committed, running rampant through the major trade town of Southport will cause.

We must act for the good of the Echanian people.

View user profile
Mr Adamemnon, I do think the intentions of EIA are good, but any such organization, even with good intentions, without any true legal limitations is dangerous to the very People and their Freedom EIA tries to protect

View user profile
I believe the matter is resolved since Zeiss has not been seen in a while. He could have possibly been killed by the opposition, but little information is currently known.

View user profile
Adamemnon wrote:While I appreciate the exuberant and verbose defense of the Provisional Government's power and influence by Mr Cry, I do not think condemning the organizations that saved our people from the Imperialist Japanese for doing their jobs is the correct method.

We should all realize that the EIA means well, and we should integrate them into the federal government as quickly as possible so that Mr Cry's contentions, and those of the hair trigger Southport People's Militia, will evaporate.

I urge all Southport People's Militia supporters to consider the effect having a paramilitary organization, something the leader of the SPM has both condemned and committed, running rampant through the major trade town of Southport will cause.

We must act for the good of the Echanian people.

The SPM is currently actin' as a police force to enforce regional Southportian law since the EIA 'as been quiet the last few days. I do no' be thinkin' this is a problem, as they do be answerin' to the people, and I did no' be 'earin' o' any problem yet. They will o' course be disbanded as soon as a long term plan and national government exists.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum