» Turn 9-1068
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's FF13's Main Character

Who do you think is the main lead

20% 20% [ 3 ]
33% 33% [ 5 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
40% 40% [ 6 ]
7% 7% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Who's FF13's Main Character on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:11 pm

FF13 is a very meh game to me. I don't like the art, the story is dull, the combat is tedious and Lightnng is one of the worst protagonists ever. Or is she?
One of the most interesting topics we can talk about is who we think the hero is because I doubt it's Lightning. Maybe some think it's Sazh, maybe Fang, heck someone might think it's Hope. For me it's Vanile.
From my Review wrote:
Vanille, the real main character while she may be annoying at times I found her very adorable. Like a Pinkie Pie with a guilt complex. And thats the thing I like most about her. While she looks all happy and may have mental condition, she knows whats going on, what they have to do and the consequence, ad she tries to get away from it but only through the friendship of Fang, Sazh, Snow and Hope, does she get the courage to fight against her mission ad stop the destruction of the world. Almost any scene with her makes me smile.
What do you think?

View user profile

2 Re: Who's FF13's Main Character on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:35 pm

I'll be blunt. The only character who I felt had a (nearly) complete character arc was Sazh. It would have been completed by his suicide, still feel upset that they chickened out on that one, but yeah... already gave most of my reasoning during the marathon run.

3 Re: Who's FF13's Main Character on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Admin wrote:I'll be blunt.  The only character who I felt had a (nearly) complete character arc was Sazh.  It would have been completed by his suicide, still feel upset that they chickened out on that one, but yeah... already gave most of my reasoning during the marathon run.
He's my second favorite and that scene where he attempts suicide was his best moment for me.

View user profile

4 Re: Who's FF13's Main Character on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Honestly, I don't think there's a main character in that game. It's sort of similar to 12 in that way. The entire group and their shared fate make up the protagonist(s) of the game.

View user profile

5 Re: Who's FF13's Main Character on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:50 am

*Chocobo Chick is not an option*

I am disappointined in you all

View user profile

6 Re: Who's FF13's Main Character on Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:23 pm

nope.

Last edited by DeutscheKind on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expunging.)

View user profile

7 Re: Who's FF13's Main Character on Mon May 25, 2015 1:32 am

I gotta give it up to Vanille for obvious reasons. Her character never got on my nerves weirdly enough, although she does when someone who is not a fan of FF watches me play the game and she opens her mouth.

View user profile

8 Re: Who's FF13's Main Character on Mon May 25, 2015 1:34 am

I would also like to point out that Sazh is my favorite character of the entire FF13 series and one of my favorites in the entire FF series. Heck, I put him in my top 10.

View user profile

9 Re: Who's FF13's Main Character on Mon May 25, 2015 10:17 am

I despised Vanille with the fiery passion of a million Foreman grills. Her entire 'character' is an archetype that I very much hate, and doesn't help that Vanille never grows past the stock 1-dimension that the archetype entails.

Yet, when I look at the role each person plays in the plot, Vanille seems to be the one who most qualifies for 'protagonist'. It was her decision that sparked events to even occur. Her reluctance that makes things worse. And, she was also the one that came up with the idea that ended up saving the people on Cocoon. Like a protagonist, her actions affected the story.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum