Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Yesterday at 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free card game, anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Free card game, anyone? on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Last year at PAX East I ran across a guy dressed as a pirate promoting this Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wildeastgamecompany/pie-rats-of-the-carob-bean-farm
He was local and I thought it looked neat, so I backed it and ended up with 6 copies of the game. Anyone interested in one of the other 5?

It's a simple family game. 2-6 players, 30-45 mins (you can extend the length by using more pie cards). The object is to build up crew cards until the combined strength of your captain and crew is >= the weight of one of the pies in play, use the crew (discarding them) to plunder it, and start building another crew for another pie. Each pie has a point value and the player with the most points after all of the pies have been claimed wins. You draw up to a hand of 3 each turn and can play all of your cards every turn. If the deck runs out, the discard pile is reshuffled. Each turn you have the option of luring one crew member away from another player (which requires the use of a charisma card unless the rat's loyalty stat is -1) or of protecting one of your crew from being lured. Player turn order rotates after each turn. There's a degree of strategy in deciding whether to lure or protect, who to lure from, whether to go for the low-value pies or save up for the big ones, and whether or not to play your cards (holding them keeps them secret and protects them from being stolen that turn, but you'll draw fewer cards), but there's a fair amount of luck. I think it's a good balance for a family game.

It's easy to pick up and a fun little time killer. It's especially suited for children with all of the art - each rat has a cute name and a unique design, which are all based on real people (backers got to send in a photo and specify a name/costume/pose for their card). Here's what they look like:

Anyone interested? Free shipping and all. International is fine. They'll go to the first 5 to post in the thread asking for one.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum