» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mapmaking of Echain

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Mapmaking of Echain on Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:35 pm

I volunteered to do a map of Echain, and here I will post my progress, as well as collaborate with others, take notes, ideas and suggestions.

Here lie the Maps

Changelog of the Map wrote:V1 - Basic coastal outline
V2 - Heightmap
V3 - Rivers, Capitals, Region borders
V4 - Grassland / Forest / Jungle / Rock
V4.5 - Corrections
V5 - Sea Depth

Last edited by KarbinCry on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:05 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : V5 changelog)

View user profile

2 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Nice. I will try and dig out some of my old map making stuff and assist if I can.

View user profile

3 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:58 am

Map was updated to V2.

In this map, 10px = 1km (so far)

View user profile

4 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:28 am

Map was updated to V3.

Since doing the map is intrinsically tied to making the history of the setting, would anyone like to help? Of course all history, culture, geography,... would have to be approved by Lorerunner.

View user profile

5 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:31 pm

Could you give us a possible draft of the map so far? I'm, also, willing to help with any lore, if necessary.

View user profile

6 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:35 pm

grifenknight wrote:Could you give us a possible draft of the map so far?  I'm, also, willing to help with any lore, if necessary.

There is a link in the first post to a google disk folder with all that stuff already made.

View user profile

7 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Damn. That's pretty good so far.

View user profile

8 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:11 pm

KarbinCry wrote:
Since doing the map is intrinsically tied to making the history of the setting, would anyone like to help? Of course all history, culture, geography,... would have to be approved by Lorerunner.

Perhaps you should add some small atolls sitting out Southeast of Southport and East of Eastport? Keep in mind these atolls wouldn't be on the main hexagonal map because they are too large.

I added ones near Southport as an example. You can see it here:

View user profile

9 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:26 pm

to MegaZeroX: please, could you add some for the entire archipelago, painted in solid black (I can easier bring it to my map)?
Or use gimp and the masterfile that is in the folder and do the atols on separate transparent layer which you then send back.

Thanks!

View user profile

10 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:32 pm

I could maybe sometime later today (I have work right now)

View user profile

11 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:06 pm

Alright, here is a link with what you requested. I also added an archipelago outside of Eastport.

View user profile

12 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:10 pm

MegaZeroX wrote:Alright, here is a link with what you requested. I also added an archipelago outside of Eastport.

Thats great, but could you please do them for every part of the achipelago? I dont think only East and Southport would have some.

Last edited by KarbinCry on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added pretty please)

View user profile

13 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:11 pm

OK, sure! I'll get working on it.

View user profile

14 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Alright, if you check back in the folder I linked to, you should be able to find the map there. I added a few miscellaneous small islands in addition to the archipelagos.

View user profile

15 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Firstly; this map looks amazing.
Secondly; I'd appreciate it if you moved Aberisk further north, near to the mouth of the river, as I've been treating it as a coastal city heavily invested in fishing and the like. It'd just be nice to have it clearly on the coast in this map.
Also, are you planning to do maritime boundaries? Because if so, there are a couple agreements relating to that.

View user profile

16 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:44 pm

JainaProudmoore2 wrote:Firstly; this map looks amazing.
Secondly; I'd appreciate it if you moved Aberisk further north, near to the mouth of the river, as I've been treating it as a coastal city heavily invested in fishing and the like. It'd just be nice to have it clearly on the coast in this map.
Also, are you planning to do maritime boundaries? Because if so, there are a couple agreements relating to that.

I'm not planing to do maritime boundaries, but you can do so, the source GIMP images are in the folder.

As for Aberisk, I put two coastal towns tightly connected to it, so the region as a whole is still dependant on maritime trade and fishing. I'll post map with other towns momentarilly.

EDIT: Map with smaller cities and towns

View user profile

17 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:56 pm

And I thought the last map looked good.

The town's are a fine solution, though one last comment; I had envisioned the large island north of Aberisk as having a town on it, but I can just imagine smaller scale settlement for now.

View user profile

18 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:59 pm

DDDDDDAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN

View user profile

19 Re: Mapmaking of Echain on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:03 pm

There is no real population if there isn't a point on the map. I did it so that there is a lot of space for internal expansion, se we don't have to conquer all the worldz to expand Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum