Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Spoiler Discussion)
Today at 2:04 am by Maz

» Turn 1-1070
Yesterday at 12:08 pm by Crensler

» Black Scale
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:46 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» PATREON CHANGES
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:34 pm by Braigwen

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY...
Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:32 pm by WKC690

» Black Water
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:17 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1069
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Turn 11-1069
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am by Onyx Aurelius

» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD


You are not connected. Please login or register

Turn 3-1066

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Turn 3-1066 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:53 pm

Laventino and Chu have reached an accord.  Chu will allow for merchant ships and a small Laven navy to be constructed for trade.  House Chlothar rejected any attempts at diplomacy sent to them, and as a result, lost five of their defensive holds.  Over 12,000 lives were lost by an unseen attack dropped into the interiors of the holds.

Arcacius:
A fierce blizzard rolls into your lands freezing over small bodies of water.  Travel is made a bit more difficult because of it.

Crensler:
Trade is beginning in trickles.  Through the small number of merchants that come into your lands you learn of a relatively nearby place called Nestav and the astonishing finds they have made so far in the ruins underneath their capitol.

FreelanceZero:
The records show that the seven major Houses around your lands (Adalwulf, Cyneburg, Dagfinnr, Hakon, Hidegard, Isabjorg, Magnhild) have all attempted an invasion of your lands within the last two decades.  Of them only Hidegard and Isabjorg have conducted themselves with honor and refrained from pillaging and raping your people.  Cynburg’s previous leader, who tried to invade, died from the plague and the House is now led by a young boy no older than 13.  Adalwulf and Magnhild have yet to recover from the famine and plague.  Hidegard was one of those hit the hardest by the catastrophes of the last decade-and-a-half, even amongst those along the Silver Coast, and with the freeze up in trade teeter on the edge of collapse.

The examination of the found blade revealed some interesting details.  First, the material used the forging is iron, but a far purer version almost close to steel; along with trace amounts of mithril, not a native metal to the region.  Second, the blade itself is covered with a chemical that can’t be determined at the moment but is thought to be responsible for the edge maintained its sharpness.  Third, the spells imbued in the crystal-lined hilt grant the wielder a ward that covers the hands, wrists, and forearms.

You hear murmurs of the surrounding Houses looking enviously at the ruins under your capitol.

greywolf:
House Chlothar is defending their extensive border with your lands with only 5,000 men.  House Folcher has only 4,000 men close to your lands, the bulk of their army tucked away safely in the core of their territory.  House Heard has the majority of their army (8,000 men) poised to strike at House Runelight come spring.

Lady Frida of House Wulfen, with handmaidens and a few trusted guards, come to your court pleading for safe haven.  Her father was killed by the Captain of the Guard and whats left of House Wulfen is in open rebellion against their liege lord, House Lannore.

JaxVaeus:
The Lord of House Wulfen is dead; killed by the Wulfen Captain of the Guard during a meeting discussing your fabricated evidence.  Your men were driven from their hall during the night assault that followed.  The new Head of House Wulfen has declared independence from your tyranny, and is making deals with the brigands they were previously fighting against.

14 turns before the rings are completed.  4 turns before the hamlet is completed.  101 turns before the college is completed.

Your scouts found a brigand camp to the north.  They take such meticulous note of the layout and defences of it that you can launch an attack against them at your discretion.

Your envoy party was attacked by Shu scouts when trying to cross the serpent.  Only a handful were able to make it back alive.  A week later a gift was presented from the court of Wejun Zhizheng, ruler of Shu, containing a note.  It reads “Spies from your insignificant lands will not be tolerated.”  Inside the box are the heads of the rest of the envoy party.

Spartanmario:
The gnoll raiders, known as the Blood Pack, do not put much of a fight against integration.  They happily comply so long as they are fed.

Your House appears to be the only one plying the seas for trade right now.  You gain 3 Wealth from trade.  The university will be complete in 13 turns.

Zeiss:
An investigation of your lands leads to the discovery of an artificial road built onto the side of the serpent long forgotten and in disrepair.  House Odo in the isolated portion of the Silver Coast is unable to trade with anyone overland.  In addition, there are stories from elsewhere about machines built to haul large amounts of cargo up and down the serpent and powered by teams of oxen working with ropes, pulleys, and gears.

View user profile

2 Re: Turn 3-1066 on Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Actions:
With the current situation peaceful, training of the warships and infantry continues to make them less green.

Diplomats are sent to the Chu to keep them happy and improve relations. Some are also sent to the Laventino with this new port opening up to make contact with them and establish relations with these new people as well as merchants head up to them to add them to the trade currently going on. Some merchants head southward to find more ports.

With merchants hearing about strange ruins, Uzario gathers a small expedition and makes his way to the land where these rumors originates to investigate the validity and perhaps recover some artifacts for the university to study once fully open.

With all this trading going on, a Marketplace begins to be constructed in response by the people. The Gnolls are employed in construction here, carefully guided and rewarded appropriately during construction.

Fortune:
7d6: 1+3+5+5+1+5+6+10(F)=36 BLESSING
2d3: 2, 3

House Stats:
Def: 5
Inf: 9
Land: 0
Law: 35+3
Pop: 39
Pow: 0
Wealth: 5+5-10

View user profile

3 Re: Turn 3-1066 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:09 am

Actions:
A single day after receiving the report from Lord Protector Edward, King Valganis sends out a missive to the Houses of Hidegard, Cynburg, and Isabjorg via three trusted diplomats each escorted by twenty of Nestav's finest Protector Guard; the Protector Guard carry pikes with Nestav's emblem and white flags. Each of the diplomats carries an offer from House Nestav to their respective houses while giving the order to restart the mines, the production of weapons, tools, and metalsmith items, and the production of high-quality furniture with the ample amounts of Nestav's hardwood forests.

To House Hidegard:
"To the ruler of House Hidegard,

We at the Kingdom of Nestav have heard of your recent ill luck, and henceforth, have decided to offer you a proposal. I assure you, these terms are mutually beneficial for our Houses. For pledging your house to House Ythri and the Kingdom of Nestav as a banner house, and allow the Kingdom of Nestav final say on all matters of economy, military and civil matters, the Kingdom of Nestav will guarantee your independent operation whilst not under direct Nestavian orders and send aid to House Higedard in times of dire need, such as right now.

Additionally, the Kingdom of Nestav will grant all banner houses a special premium by waiving Nestavian tariffs and taxes when purchasing Nestavian wares for the purpose of trade. The Varvol ruins currently under excavation will also be accessible to your House, as you may send up to 400 of your people should you choose to accept this offer, and all finds in the ruins will be divided based upon the valor and effort of all parties present.

All these terms are negotiable as you choose to. Please reply at your leisure.

Respectfully,
King Valganis Jalotyr Ythri"

To House Cynburg:
A very well-crafted sword is sent with the missive, a gift to the young boy.

"To the young Lord of House Cynburg,

We have heard of the sad death of your father, and I am very sorry for your great loss. I send to you one of my best swords from my personal armory; may it keep you safe and serve you well. However, I send a messenger from my lands to give you an offer; become a banner house under House Ythri, my House, and allow us to be able to give orders to your House, and in return, House Ythri will help House Cynburg whenever House Cynburg requires it.

There is also that the Kingdom of Nestav's fortress, Skyreach Citadel, can be your temporary home if you fear for your life for any reason.

Good Tidings,
King Valganis Jalotyr Ythri."

To House Isabjorg:
"To the ruler of House Isabjorg,

It has recently come to the attention of my court that your nation has attempted to invade the Kingdom of Nestav on at least one occasion in the past twenty years. However, this is not why I send this missive to your court. I am extremely pleased and honored by the conduct of warfare your men and commanders have exerted upon our own forces, for they are unlike the bandits and thieves that dare call themselves Houses that had attacked us both in the distant and recent past.

As such it is my desire and wish to be allied to one of the few trustworthy, honorable forces left in this crazed world. Even if such a matter is not possible, at the very least a guarantee of non-aggression for both parties. Additionally, should you be aligned towards our House in a positive manner, we will allow up to 400 of your men to partake on our excavations into the Varvol ruins. All finds from the ruins will be divided based on the valor and effort of all parties present.

I wish you the best of luck regardless of your course of actions, as both a respected foe and comrade.

Sincerely,
King Valganis Jalotyr Ythri."

Once all three of these messages have been sent out, King Valganis begins personally overseeing the progress of the training troops at Skyreach Citadel as his thoughts turn to the defense of his sovereign domain.

Meanwhile, in the ruins, Merylin and the 2,000 troops of the excavation forces begin uncovering more artifacts and relics of all sorts of value and use. Some are weapons of the finest quality, others are pieces of ancient jewelry and tiny caches of treasure from an age long lost. However, this does not come without impedance as the expedition begins slowing to a halt as they begin encountering more and more skeletal soldiers bearing the Nestavian crest. None of these skeletons respond to the efforts of suggestion or necromancy and they fight to kill. The stories and rumors of both begin to spread out with the merchants that make their rounds; a new, morbid tone to the initial optimism of the Nestavian people.

With these results Merylin begins writing a new letter to her cousin as she orders the expedition to slow progress for maximum care. They were no longer in friendly territory; they are effectively in enemy territory. A major base camp is set up on the 3rd floor, where all operations are currently based out of, and acting as a supply camp.

House Fortune Rolls:
House Ythri: 7d6 = 25+6 = 31 Growth; Add 3 to Power
House Agra: 7d6 = 26+5 = 31 Growth; Add 2 to Wealth

View user profile

4 Re: Turn 3-1066 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 am

Actions:
Efforts to expand trade will be made and the work to fortify Grimnar Citadel and safeguard the roads will continue, as will the training of the levies.  Lord Thrand will have Dietrich dispatch envoys to Nestav, ostensibly to establish trade, while the Castellan will have several agents among the merchants to make inquiries about the ruins and the discoveries House Nestav has made within them.

House Fortune Rolls:
House Geirmund: 7d6 + 8 = 35 (Growth) 2 points to Influence
Clan Grimmore: 9d6 - 7 = 15 (Growth) 3 points to Wealth

New House Stats:
House Geirmund: Defense 8, Influence 4, Lands 4, Law 28, Population 21, Power 3, Wealth 2

Clan Grimmore: Defense 9, Influence 11, Lands 0, Law 23, Population 20, Power 0, Wealth 3

View user profile

5 Re: Turn 3-1066 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:57 pm

Actions:
Firstly, 9 population will be assigned to work on the hamlet, bringing it down to 10 turns.
13 Turns remaining for the rings of power
2 Turns remain for training
4 turns until the halmet is constructed

After the Defeat at the river, Heinrich will call for volunteers amongst the populace. Specifically any veterans or trained men to take up arms once again to defend the homeland. He will spread the story of how the Captain of the Guard for house wulfen killed his liege lord and begun a civil war. "We all must do our part to defend out home land! These renegades who side with criminals are doubtlessly on their way to ruin our homes!" All who join will be reinstated into the military and paid for their time outside of the military.

He will also reply to the letters from across the sea.

Additionally he will let it be known that his daughter is of age to marry.



Status:

Turn 3: House fortune: Boon
+5 to wealth
+4 to Defense

New stats:
Def +05
Influence +1
Lands +0
Law +25
Pop +24
Power +0 (-7 for the new units.)
Wealth +6
Glory: 3 (+1 from battle)

4,000 Garrison (Green) (12 Power) (Discipline Modifier -3/+3)(Athletics +1) (Armour 3, Pen -2) (Defence 5 )(Morale 9)(BD: 6) (Awareness, Endurance 1, Fighting 1)

Commander Aleksander (Green)(Inf Command, Fighting , Warfare 2)

3,000 Royal Guard (Green) (18 power) (Discipline Modifier -6)(Athletics +1) (Armour 6, Pen -3) (Defence 4)(Morale 6)(BD: Cool(Athletics 1, Endurance 1, Fighting 2)

16,000 Levies in Training (Green) (16 Power)(Discipline Modifier +15) Animal Handling , Awareness 1, Survival 1 (def 7) (6 with +2 training) (2 with +1 training)

1,000 Scouts (Green) (2 Power) (Discipline Modifier +3)(Defence 5)(Morale 6)(BD: 3) )Awareness 1, Endurance, Stealth 1)

1,000 Garrison (Green) (12 Power) (Discipline Modifier -3/+3)(Athletics +1) (Armour 3, Pen -2) (Defence 5 )(Morale 9)(BD: 6) (Awareness, Endurance 1, Fighting 1)

2,000 Raiders (Green) (Discipline Modifier +3)(Athletics+1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 5)(Morale 6)(BD: 6)(Agility, Endurance , Fighting )

New Units

1,000 Archers 3 pts (Discipline Modifier +3)(Athletics +1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 3)(Morale 5) (BD: 5)(Agility 1, Awareness, Marksmanship 1)

1,000 Calvary Archers [Special] 4 pts (Discipline Modifier +0))(Athletics +1)(Armour 2, Pen -1)(Defence 3)(Morale 5) (BD: 4)(Agility 1, Animal Handling 1, Marksmanship)

View user profile

6 Re: Turn 3-1066 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:03 am

Actions:
Assess how much resources and manpower would be necessary to repair this hidden Serpent road. Focus on the section near House Odo.

Map out the Serpent road.

Send scouts alongside the Serpent to find this gear that is supposedly used to haul cargo up and down its carcass. If there isn't any, find out how much it would cost us to build that kind of infrastructure. Focus on doing so near House Odo for now.

The talks with the representative from the Isles did nothing then? I assume they would be waiting for us to gain the means to trade, but I would like to have confirmation if that is the case.

Fortune rolls:
I don't roll, and opt to improve one of my resources instead; Land.

Current stats:
Def 6
Inf 2
Lands 2
Law 18
Pop 20
Power 0
Wealth 1

View user profile

7 Re: Turn 3-1066 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:50 pm

Bern Harris makes a proclamation of alliance between his house and House De'Boléro for purposes of joint defense.

House Purchases:
House Fortune Upgrades:
House Zenna + 1d6 Power (1)
House Sonaglio + 1d3 Law (2)
House Scala + 1d3 Law (3)
House Skitter + 1d3 Power (3)
House Stinger + 1d3 Power (2)
Updated Stats:
House Zenna
Power 1

House Sonaglio
Law 13 (House Fortune -5)

House Scala
Law 23 (House Fortune -2)
House Fortune +6

House Skitter
Power 3

House Stinger
Power 2

Actions:
After Bern Harris found that Arn Segel had made an alliance with House Da'Boléro, Arn Segel got severely punished. An action that would last possibly over several years made without his consent is close to treason. Until the trust can be earned back, Arn Segel will be placed under constant guard, severely reducing his capabilities.

House Fortune Rolls:
House Zenna 33 (31+2) Growth
House Sonaglio 35 (33+2) Blessing
House Scala 29 (23+6) Curse
House Skitter 30 (25+5) Blessing
House Stinger 33 (29+4) Growth

View user profile

8 Re: Turn 3-1066 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:23 am

actions:
Silvina gracelessly accepted Lady Frida of House Wulfen and her entourage into her home and privately her asked the full story for her to check the fact later on and tell zelda to keep her castle guards on alert and the handmaid are to armed with conceal arms
tell the commander to sure up defenses around runelight and have scout watching the other armies as well and to make sure we have the field advantage we defending.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum