» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Governors, it is now incumbent upon you to vote for a President for your fine country.  This President will have some executive powers, and will appoint the four Ministers (which will then be approved of by the Senate).

Senators, you must now vote for your Directors of Domestic Intelligence and National Bank.

Feel free to utilize this thread, or the Lobbying thread, for these purposes.

Last edited by The Lorerunner on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:18 pm

I place my full support as governor behind Adamemnon as president of Echain.

View user profile

3 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:37 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen of the First Senate of the Echaini Republic, I first and foremost greet you on this momentous occasion. For the first time in the nation’s history, citizens of this great country have elected fellow citizens to speak with and for each other—and for that we must all celebrate. We now live in a society that privileges the individual’s voice rather than the voice of a single elite. It is my contention that we should honor such an incredible feat; and, in doing so, I call for as much unity as possible moving forward. If, however, there cannot be ideological unity, I must, then, ask that each and every senator conduct his or herself in a way that is intellectually honest. We are here for the people, as the people, so let us do what is best for them. I will now, honorable ladies and gentlemen, move onto the first order of business: the question of the Director of Domestic Intelligence and the Director of the National Bank.

First, the position of Director of Domestic Intelligence is currently being pursued by Mr. Infernal; he is a staunch isolationist who wishes to secure our homeland above all else. Due to his exclusive interest in safeguarding Echain as a fully autonomous nation, I believe he will stop at nothing to ensure that Echain becomes a stable, functional, and forward moving nation. Echain’s interests are Mr. Infernal’s only interests; and, for these reasons, I believe he is suitable for the job.

Second, the position of Director of the National Bank is currently being pursued by Mr. Karbincry. Of the many people I have forged friendships with, Mr. Karbincry may be the most intelligent, the most deliberate, and the most qualified. Mr. Karbincry is a great political mind, but he is also a skilled economist (a realm over which I, admittedly, have limited mastery); thus, I wish to endorse the gentleman unequivocally. There is no man better for the job.

Lastly, I wish to remind the honorable Senators of two more posts: Constitutional Court Justice and Foreman of the Senate. Due to my extensive knowledge of and my participation in drafting the constitution, I believe I am uniquely qualified to interpret said constitution. So, I would like to advance the motion of nominating myself as a Constitutional Court Justice. If, however, some of you have reservations about my presence on the court, I will instead advance the motion of nominating myself as the Foreman of the Constitution; again, I do this due to my expansive knowledge of the constitution. If the ladies and gentlemen of the Senate do not think I am qualified for either job, I will accept your down-votes, as, after all, this is a democracy; but, it is my sincere belief that you will not find someone in the First Senate of the Echaini Republic who is more familiar with the demands and responsibilities of either position.

Thank you all for your time—I hand the floor over to you all.

View user profile

4 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:54 pm

I will throw my support in with Grifinknight. I would like the infrastructure to be rebuilt while enabling my constituents keep what they earn from the land.

View user profile

5 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:33 pm

I will be updating the following spreadsheet with everyone's picks. If you are a Governor or a Senator, and you have a blank space next to your name in Column C, I have not heard from you. The NPCs will vote based on multiple variables which haven't come in yet.

6 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Grifinknight has my support for president of Echain

View user profile

7 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:37 am

I, governor Para Dox, considers Grifinknight the rightfully man for the position. He has my full support for the presidency of Echain.

View user profile

8 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:53 am

I hereby declare my full support for Grifinknight for the presidency of our great nation.

Last edited by Lorinbas on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

9 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:46 am

As senator, I vote for Infernal for DoDI, and and KarbinCry for DoNB

View user profile

10 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Governors of Echain,

I understand that many of you are in the process of rebuilding your cities, but I would like to state the urgency of voting on the president, whether it be me or not. The sooner the president chooses his ministers and represents Echain abroad, the sooner we can start helping the individual regions at a national level and seek aid from other nations. I will now leave you all and will allow you to resume your work.

Yours Truly,
Grifenknight

View user profile

11 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Governor Tanaka formerly votes for Grifenknight to assume the Presidency.

View user profile

12 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:35 pm

The Governors of Southport and Aberisk have yet to weigh in on this, those being the honorable MegaZeroX and Jaina Proudmoore.

13 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:46 pm

I cast my vote for Adamemnon.

View user profile

14 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:00 pm

Throughout Echain, the people gather around radios their radios as Adamemnon speaks.

"Ladies and Gentlemen"
*static
"Brothers and Sisters"
*static
"Comrades and friends"
*static

"I did not consider myself worthy of leading you in this time of crisis. But your faith in me has kindled my heart beyond compare.
A president 'elected' when the people have no choice is nothing but a fancy phrase for a despot. As you wish it, I will be the voice of the people in this election. You will not be forgotten! You will be heard!
Let us all take a mighty grasp upon the reigns of this democracy we all bled for, and ride off into the future!"

OOC: I'll run against Mr GrifenKnight since no one else will.

View user profile

15 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:01 pm

OOC: YAY!

View user profile

16 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:02 pm

OOC: What's really funny are those who say they're okay with the Constitution that was chosen, only to directly attack it.

View user profile

17 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:15 pm

The Lady Lorissa Agueda, upon consideration, has come to the conclusion that Sir Grifenknight is to be the best possible choice for President of the First Republic of Echain, and casts her vote accordingly.

18 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:21 pm

OOC: Dammit, I had an emergency at work and didn't contact her in time.

View user profile

19 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:22 pm

Adamemnon wrote:OOC: Dammit, I had an emergency at work and didn't contact her in time.

OOC: I had some aristocracy talk to her about me. I doubt you would have been able to get her. Kappa Very Happy

View user profile

20 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:05 pm

I do know the matter is already decided, but I do be castin' my vote for Adaemnon for the record. Grifen can no' promise low tariffs, and in fact actively 'as supported high tariffs. The matter o' tariffs was one of the biggest fears the Southportians 'ad. I also do 'avin' problems with 'is brashness. I do be 'opin' 'e can show some restraint as pres'dent.

View user profile

21 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Governor Mega Erox wrote:I do know the matter is already decided, but I do be castin' my vote for Adaemnon for the record. Grifen can no' promise low tariffs, and in fact actively 'as supported high tariffs. The matter o' tariffs was one of the biggest fears the Southportians 'ad. I also do 'avin' problems with 'is brashness. I do be 'opin' 'e can show some restraint as pres'dent.

Sadly I must think of the nation as a whole and cannot worry about just the economy in Southport. Hopefully, one day, you will see that tariffs will allow our industry to thrive and raise our nation to the rank of a global power. This will, eventually, benefit Southport and allow it to become an even more important center of trade in the region, but unfortunately, some of us only think in the short term...

View user profile

22 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:17 pm

President Grifenknight wrote:
Sadly I must think of the nation as a whole and cannot worry about just the economy in Southport.  Hopefully, one day, you will see that tariffs will allow our industry to thrive and raise our nation to the rank of a global power.  This will, eventually, benefit Southport and allow it to become an even more important center of trade in the region, but unfortunately, some of us only think in the short term...

I do be thinkin' o' the people who elected me. Hundreds o' people spoke or wrote to me requestin' that I prevent tariffs, or make them as low as possible. No' a single person in Southport requested that we do be 'avin' 'igh tariffs. Southport do be overwhelmingly against them. I do be 'ere to serve my people, no' to play power games.

Last edited by Governor Mega Erox on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I do be correctin' me accent.)

View user profile

23 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:41 pm

And just as you think of the people of Southport, I must think of the people of this nation and do whatever is best not just now, but in the future as well. Why should I allow foreign goods to flood our markets and make our domestic industry suffer? Such an act would certainly benefit the trade cities of Southport and Eastport, but not the cities that will depend on industry in the future like Waltens and Lurem. That is why I am pro-tariffs. Because I must think of the Nation as a whole and I must plan ahead if we are to help our nation grow.

View user profile

24 Re: ATTENTION: All Governors & Senators on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:59 pm

In this, I agree with Mr Bing Crosby.
I vote for Mr Infernal as Director of Domestic Intelligence, and Mr KarbinCry as the Director of the National Bank. They both have the passion for these positions and their minds are focused on the betterment of the Echainian people.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum