Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Region of Southport

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Region of Southport on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:34 am

Herein be the thread for public actions on behalf of Governors of Southport.

2 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:36 pm

After greeting the representatives and patting the backs of some of the local trader he knew that were elected to the assembly, he gathers into the center of the room in Southport City Hall. There are around 350 representatives.

I do be glad to be workin' with all o' you in the upcoming years. But for this session, we will be settin' the basic structure so we can be efficiently gettin' thin's done in the future. 'Ere is my plan for this session:

This session will be longer than most. Most sessions will probably be lastin' less than a day and be a few times a week. This session will be goin' on a full week, with some committees workin' e'en in the wee hours o' the mornin'. We do need to be creatin' a basis o' law as soon as possible! We will be splittin' up into comittees dedicated to decidin' certain aspects o' this ordinance. This ordiance (called the Core) should contain nothin' partisan, as will be harder to change than most law. It will be somethin' like a const'ution o' Southport, if no' called that. The comittees will be:

a) The government structure comittee. They will be in charge of determinin' where we will meet, how meetin's will be conducted and such, how votin' will be conduced in the region and what no'.
b) The uncontroversial law committee - These will be laws everyone will know to be sensible. Like no killin' people and such. Nothin' partisan!
c) The foreman committee - This committee will be findin' an appropriate foreman. It is required by the const'ution. So good luck findin' the one with the prettiest face o' all of you! The Governor chuclkes, and a few of the assembly follow
d) The police committee - This group will be determinin' 'ow our police force will work
e) Partisan committees - These committees will be creatin' provisions that WILL be controversal, and be voted upon after the Core, so we can start be makin' some progress.

I will be playin' a 'and in all o' these. Now it is upon you all to figure out where you want to contribute in the next few hours. Tomorrow, we will stark work in earnest.

OOC: I will be proposing a Core constiution on the 18th for Arch to vote on (representing the Assembly), and a few other bills such as infrastructure and taxes and stuff seperate from the Core for Arch to vote.

Last edited by Governor Mega Erox on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Making it better formatted)

View user profile

3 Re: Region of Southport on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:01 am

The people of Southport are eager to have an active hand in their government. It's something of a novelty for them, having not had it under the Monarchy or the Occupation.

For the coming Turn, international trade brings 1 unit each of Coffee and Spices which are at the disposal of the Regional government to utilize as they see fit.

4 Re: Region of Southport on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:14 pm

OOC: This ordinance will introduce some basic stability, so maybe lower crime and higher morale?

View user profile

5 Re: Region of Southport on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:43 pm

OOC: For clarity for the end of turn one, nothing has formally passed yet. I've been spending time with the committed making a "core" piece of legislation to get Southport governance formally started.

View user profile

6 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Turn 1
Morale has been on an upswing thanks to increased public influence in the local government, as well as the 'open door policy' that most of the Assembly and Cabinet are practicing. As a byproduct of this and some of the recent efforts of the Governor, crime has been on a downswing as more people seem interested in getting involved with rather than trying to bypass the system.

7 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:03 am

Telegram arrives at the governors office containing an address and a message
Enclosed is the address of Thomas Conklin, a representative of Carlisle Companies. Has a possible deal for you, Your call to accept.
(OOC): Go look at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs thread for full details, but I put the decision in your hands.

View user profile

8 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:26 am

OOC: The Core isn't finished yet, but it will be done and voted on before the turn is over. If anyone wants to take a look at what I have so far, you can see it here. Most of this is fluffy RP stuff, and I'll include a summary of what gameplay effects it would have when I finish it. What day will this turn end exactly?

View user profile

9 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:34 am

OOC: The current Turn will end next Monday in real time, the 23rd. And if you meant IC, it will end on March 1st, 1946.

10 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:06 pm

OOC: I think the Core is ready to be put up for vote to the Assembly (Arch). This contains only a and b of what I proposed earlier. In this turn, I intend to put up a few other bills to be voted on. Perhaps the core is voted on week 1 IC, with other bills being voted on in the later weeks. For gameplay purposes, the crime should go down because of the court system being put in place.

View user profile

11 Re: Region of Southport on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:40 pm

The Assembly has spent some time deliberating over the Core and, after tallying the votes (more than once, just to be sure) passes with about an 80% majority.

12 Re: Region of Southport on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:32 am

OOC: My actions are going to be out of character until I have time to create the RP stuff for it, but for this turn, in addition to creating the core:

1) The previous Southport People's Militia is transformed into the Southport Police Services. The Southport police receive weapon training and military tactics so they can double as an emergency militia. (build militia)

2) A focus on early elementary education, with allowing older students that missed out because of the Japanese occupation to join as well (K - 4th grade with some kindergartners being like 14 years old).

View user profile

13 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Turn 2
The first Southport Militia is bolstered and expanded, aided by recent violence in Aberisk and Central. Further, money and time is put aside into expanding the early education bracket so that younger children can start becoming skilled workers.
Several Australian gentlemen approach Governor Mega Erox personally asking if he's interested in hiring on a group of mercenaries in order to bolster local defenses, specifically citing the battle at Central as a way of persuasion.

14 Re: Region of Southport on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:50 am

This is a personal action, but I'm going to put it here for convienence. Upon hearing of Karbin's death, I go to Karbin's house to take custody of WhiskeyWhiskers since we don't currently have any jails and I'm worried about him getting killed. I leave behind saying "Sorry, Governor WhiskeyWhiskers is currently in the residence of Governor Mega Erox of Southport. If any officials want to take custody of him, let him know at the earliest convenience. This is for his own safety and the safety of our glorious nation."

View user profile

15 Re: Region of Southport on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:53 am

OOC: I put forth the vote to assembly on whether to hire the mercenaries

Assembly. I did be receivin' an offer for mercenaries to be servin' in our militia. Considerin' the barbarity 'appenin' throughout the nation, I do be thinkin' it is necessary for now.

View user profile

16 Re: Region of Southport on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:51 pm

1) I would like to send out people to discern what the people of Southport worry about the most.
2) Assess the mount of able bodied men.
3) Assess the status of damaged building and the like.
4) Find out weather old buildings can be converted into soup kitchens and if so do so.
5) Send out men to gather any and all scrap to either sell to other regions or use for building.

OOC: This is not my turn action just something to get started with.

View user profile

17 Re: Region of Southport on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Governor Bradley3000 wrote:1) I would like to send out people to discern what the people of Southport worry about the most.
Trade. Specifically, tariff-free trade. Also, keeping up with the slowly growing international market.
2) Assess the mount of able bodied men.
Uh, lots.
3) Assess the status of damaged building and the like.
Not many damaged buildings of note left, but plenty of abandoned buildings. Most of those were left over from the Occupation.
4) Find out weather old buildings can be converted into soup kitchens and if so do so.
Some are safe enough, most are not.
5) Send out men to gather any and all scrap to either sell to other regions or use for building.
Scrap teams will be busy for quite a while, probably all month, to produce results.

18 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:19 am

Volunteers Needed For Spring Festival!

Beginning April 8th and going on until the 15th, a Great Spring Festival will be thrown in Aberisk City. This marks the first time in 9 years that the Spring Harvest Festival will be celebrated in Echain. The Echaini Harvest Festival coincides with the Takayama Spring Festival so it has been decided that both Major Festivals will be merged into one Great Spring Festival.

The Centerpoint of the Festival is a week long competition to  build a wagon float displaying the Culture and History of the Town/City. The entries will be judged based on beauty, complexity, awe factor and spirit. The Festival will include food, games, dances of both old Echain and Japan and will serve as a cultural exchange festival showcasing Echaini Culture to the new Japanese residents and vis versa.

Your Region have been have been invited to join in on the Festival by building a float that represents the Culture and History of your Region please send a group of Volunteers in order to build, operate and pull a wagon float. The only restrictions is that the float must be hand pulled, built to the dimension provided in order to fit on Aberisk city streets, do not use engines, and can be lit up by paper lanterns for the Night Parade on the Last day of the Festival. Everyone is welcome to participate and attend the Festival.

View user profile

19 Re: Region of Southport on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Volunteers Needed For Spring Festival!

Beginning April 8th and going on until the 15th, a Great Spring Festival will be thrown in Aberisk City. This marks the first time in 9 years that the Spring Harvest Festival will be celebrated in Echain. The Echaini Harvest Festival coincides with the Takayama Spring Festival so it has been decided that both Major Festivals will be merged into one Great Spring Festival.

The Centerpoint of the Festival is a week long competition to  build a wagon float displaying the Culture and History of the Town/City. The entries will be judged based on beauty, complexity, awe factor and spirit. The Festival will include food, games, dances of both old Echain and Japan and will serve as a cultural exchange festival showcasing Echaini Culture to the new Japanese residents and vis versa.

Your Region have been have been invited to join in on the Festival by building a float that represents the Culture and History of your Region please send a group of Volunteers in order to build, operate and pull a wagon float. The only restrictions is that the float must be hand pulled, built to the dimension provided in order to fit on Aberisk city streets, do not use engines, and can be lit up by paper lanterns for the Night Parade on the Last day of the Festival. Everyone is welcome to participate and attend the Festival.

Volunteers will be sent immediately.

View user profile

20 Re: Region of Southport on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:41 pm

HERE IS MY TURN ACTION - 4

Turn 4

View user profile

21 Re: Region of Southport on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:49 pm

OOC: There was definitely no dealings between Eastport and Southport...
Looks at article 5

View user profile

22 Re: Region of Southport on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:51 pm

I want to be 100% clear. The 5% Tolerance is total, not each. So your current tax rate would put you at 12%, way above 5%. I'll allow it, but I want you cognizant.

23 Re: Region of Southport on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:OOC:  There was definitely no dealings between Eastport and Southport...
Looks at article 5

OOC: Well it did happen literally 20 minutes ago so my character TECHNICALLY was telling the truth.....

View user profile

24 Re: Region of Southport on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:52 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:I want to be 100% clear.  The 5% Tolerance is total, not each.  So your current tax rate would put you at 12%, way above 5%.  I'll allow it, but I want you cognizant.

Oh alright then. I can quickly edit that now if you want.

View user profile

25 Re: Region of Southport on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Turn 4
Lots and lots and lots of money is dumped on developing Southport this month. The Pearl harvesting operations have been setup and are actively working as we speak, and the docks near Dundarrach are ready for small and medium trade vessels. The military shipyards will take several more months to reach completion.

Logging is ongoing, resulting in a brisk increase in carpentry and lumber trade as well as promoting low-skill employment. Also schools are being fairly well funded and helped to push the overall education level of the Region up slightly.

The Darpon situation has hit Southport pretty hard. Being one of the Regions directly attacked by the enemy, Darpon was directly responsible for defeating and routing the enemy forces, and are currently being hailed as local heroes by the populace.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum