Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Yesterday at 1:22 pm by Luslanz

» Turn 1-1068
Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:07 pm by FreelanceZero

» Turn 2-1068
Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:52 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

Region of Southport

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Region of Southport on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:32 pm

TURN 4

Article 1 - Taxes and Tariffs

Tax - 0%
Tarrifs - 3%

Article 2 - Military Investment

A) Due to an agreement with the Governor of Eastport, Southport will only build military vessels up to 750 tonnes. The contract with the War Department is continued with 3.5 million Espada being invested into Southport of which 2 million will be used to build small ships (outlined by the pact) and 1.5 million Espada will be put into the Southport treasury to be used at the Governors discretion.

B) Hold events throughout Southport with Admiral Krenzler to recruit men and women to join the navy. 100,000 Espada will be spent on these events.

Article 3 - Trade and Resources

A) The main port used for foreign trade will once again be expanded to accommodate the extra trade that will result from the Compact and the shared monopoly on foreign trade with Eastport. The investment will be to the tune of 3 million Espada.

B) 2 million Espada will be invested to build liquid terminals as agreed by the Compact to once again accommodate the new monopoly.

C) The Pearl harvesting operation will continue to expand with the investment of 500,000 Espada.

D) The fishing docks will expand with 200,000 Espada

Article 4 - EILC

A) 1 million Espada will be used to buy shares in the EILC

RESERVE - 900,000 ESPADA

Summary - The military docks will produce small military boats (only small), The main port investment will increase trade, the liquid terminals (monopoly) will increase trade/currency as will the Pearl production enhancement. The fishing docks is for morale and food and the EILC investment is self explanatory.

Currency next turn - 1.5 million (military contract) + 900,000 reserve + Int/Ext calculation.

View user profile

27 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Turn 5
The shipyards have begun construction on gunboats for the Navy. This will take several months, but two are already completed. The shipyards itself is still being expanded, and will also take multiple months to complete.

Increased push for foreign trade produces results, as several other oceanic groups have begun seeking regular discourse with Echain through Southport. Pearl harvesting is expanded even further, as are the several fishing docks along the coast.

Continued focus on logging and schooling has produced the beginnings of results.

It has become a regular thing for Japanese people, Echaini or otherwise, to be disallowed from working in most Southport cities and towns, at best taking menial jobs. Several Japanese people have been fired from their jobs for similar reasons. Thusfar little violence has broken out, but the prevailing feel among the populace is that the Japanese, if they want to stay, need to get used to being second class citizens.

28 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:39 pm

OOC: How is the currency stat worked out?, because I must have wildly miscalculated or not understood for it to be in the negatives. Knowing me I am just dumb Razz .

View user profile

29 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:44 pm

Governor Alexander wrote:OOC: How is the currency stat worked out?, because I must have wildly miscalculated or not understood for it to be in the negatives. Knowing me I am just dumb Razz .
OOC: First, the money you spent this turn. Then, the money you spend on upkeep. Then, the money you spent on ongoing projects still going from previous turns. Finally, the fact that no one's gotten tax money yet.

30 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:01 pm

I (like other Governors) also set up a census to discern the extent of which the Japanese are disliked. The question will be as follows:

Which one of these measures would you most support?.

1) The Japanese are put in segregated areas.

2) The Japanese remain unsegregated but have less benefits than normal Echaini peoples such as: Echaini citizens must be picked out before Japanese citizens in cases where a Japanese citizen/refugee and an Echaini citizen go for the same job.

3) Japanese expulsion from Southport.

4) The Japanese are treated as equals.

5) Don't know.

OOC: This is just a basic poll to discern what the people want.

Last edited by Governor Alexander on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

31 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:17 pm

These polls are entirely unscientific. You do not allow for any option that would see Japanese residents treated as equals. You give undue weight to racists and extremists. There is not even an option for 'don't know.' A disgusting use of sociology for nefarious purposes.

View user profile

32 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:20 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:These polls are entirely unscientific. You do not allow for any option that would see Japanese residents treated as equals. You give undue weight to racists and extremists. There is not even an option for 'don't know.' A disgusting use of sociology for nefarious purposes.

I can see your point Governor and will include these options in the poll. I was in no way trying to conduct a poll for nefarious purposes, if it were up to me the Japanese would be equal in every-way shape and form however it is not up to me. I represent the people and so must follow their will.

View user profile

33 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:21 pm

You were given power of veto specifically to curb violent mob mentalities such as this. Sometimes the people are wrong and do not give proper respect to others' rights. I am gladdened to hear you will be amending your poll.

View user profile

34 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:23 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:You were given power of veto specifically to curb violent mob mentalities such as this. Sometimes the people are wrong and do not give proper respect to others' rights. I am gladdened to hear you will be amending your poll.

I understand sir but I would rather capitulate as little as I can to these racists than go against them completely and be replaced by a fundamentalist who will do far worse than I would ever consider.

View user profile

35 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:27 pm

We saw in the last war that such capitulation only increases their momentum, however this is your region and I will say nothing further on the matter.

View user profile

36 Re: Region of Southport on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:10 am

Which one of these measures would you most support?.

1) The Japanese are put in segregated areas.
47%.

2) The Japanese remain unsegregated but have less benefits than normal Echaini peoples such as: Echaini citizens must be picked out before Japanese citizens in cases where a Japanese citizen/refugee and an Echaini citizen go for the same job.
13%.

3) Japanese expulsion from Southport.
32%.

4) The Japanese are treated as equals.
0%.

5) Don't know.
8%.

37 Re: Region of Southport on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Turn - 5

Article 1 - Taxes and Tariffs

Taxes - 0%
Tariffs - 2%

Article 2 - Military Investment

A) Continued construction in Southport of small military vessels for continued investment of funds from the Department of Defence. Southport will not spend more money on ships however, than it is receives from the Department of Defence.

Article 3 - Trade and Industry

A) 500,000 Espada shall be once again invested into the Pearl harvesting operation.

B) 1 million Espada shall be used to expand the liquid terminals in Southport.

RESERVE - 2 MILLION ESPADA

Summary: Again both investments in Article 3 are there to increase currency and trade. Of course the 1% less tariffs is for influence.

OOC: Pretty short this time due to the lack of funds in Southport.

View user profile

38 Re: Region of Southport on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:35 am

Turn 6
All existing projects continue apace. The Military Shipyards is still under construction, money is still being put into advancing Pearl Harvesting and the Dundarrach Trade Docks. Logging, Schooling, and Foreign Trade continue to receive funding. 4 more Gunboats are constructed for the good Admiral.
Construction on the expanded Fishing Docks has concluded, leading to far greater capacity for dealing with both volume of ships and cargo.

39 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:35 am

TURN - 7

ARTICLE 1 - TAXES AND TARRIFS

a) Tax - 1%
b) Tariff's - 8%

ARTICLE 2 - MILITARY

a) Maintain current standards and output.

ARTICLE 3  - TRASH

a) Buy trash vehicles with 0.5 ESP

b) Give every house a garbage bin, 0.5 Esp

c) For now create more dumps, 0.2 Esp

ARTICLE 4 - POLICE

a) After the agreement with Lurem the police will be outfitted with new arms and equipment.

b) Proper uniforms and body armour will be bought with 0.5 ESP

c) Some vehicles will be bought to the tune of 1.5 ESP

d) Establish an academy for the training of men and woman in advanced tactics and fighting ability, for the police. 2 ESP

Article 5 - Progressive Party

a) Branches of the party will be created in every region and area of Echain. 1 ESP will be invested to establish the party and put up candidates in all Assembly elections.

RESERVE -  -2 ESP

Summary: The military dock will continue to produce at the same rate, all the trash stuff is to help with the crisis. All the police stuff is for security to make it more high tech.

View user profile

40 Re: Region of Southport on Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:01 pm

Turn 7
Money is dumped on the trash situation, trying to reign things in. Lots of money is burnt on improving and specializing the police force, making them on par with the Echain military (such as it is). The Progressive Party was founded and matches SEED in big named governmental bodies, though a large chunk of Waltens is under the sway of SEED.

To much jubilation and ceremony the military-grade shipyards finally completes construction, leaving it ready to go for military constructions. Similarly, the last 4 Gunboats are finished and furnished to Admiral Krenzler.

41 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:23 pm

TURN 8

ARTICLE 1 - TAXES AND TARIFFS

a) Tax - 0%
b) Tariffs - 9%

ARTICLE 2 - TRADE

a) Huge investment into the trading port - 4 million ESP

b) Expansion of the liquid terminals for the trading of foreign oil to other regions - 600,000 ESP

ARTICLE 3 - MORALE

a) A massive festival will be held celebrating Southports Naval history - 1 million ESP

b) An annual sports event with representatives from each Southportian city and village is established. - 500,000 ESP

ARTICLE 4 - POLL

A poll will be established using 0.1 Esp with the following questions.

1) Are you employed? Y/N

2) Are you a monarchist? Y/N

3) Do you think Darpon should be funded? Y/N

4) What is your party affiliation? Progressive Party/SEED/Independent or other

5) Do you think Governor Alexander has improved the region?. Y/N

6) Do you think Versberg should be allowed to seceded? Y/N

7) Are you in favour of Southport seceding? Y/N

ARTICLE 5 - INFRASTRUCTURE

a) More roads shall be built and existing roads improved to create more productivity - 400,000 ESP

b) In accordance to the recently ratified railway treaty phase 1 one the plan will commence - 1 million ESP

ARTICLE 6 - INFLUENCE

a) A message is sent out throughout the nation to come to City Central where the biggest rally in Echaini history is planned. There will be music, festivities and various political speakers who will talk about the greatness of Echain. The keynote speech will be by Governor Alexander himself whom will speak about Echaini values and his record with Southport. Unionism and anti-secessionism will also be a big topic. - 1 million ESP

SUMMARY -

The trading port is to increase trade and thus currency as is the liquid terminal expansion.

The festival and the sport event speaks for itself and is to increase morale.

The infrastructure is what it says on the tin.

Last but by no means least is the giant rally and as Alexander is the key organiser plus the keynote speaker it is intended to give him influence. I will also post a news article.

Last edited by Governor Alexander on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:05 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

42 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Throughout the week a group calling themselves the Echaini Historical Society begin promoting the Harvest Moon Festival in every region. Their message is one of peace and friendship between all Echaini even if siblings decide to go their separate ways, they need not leave on bad terms and can still stay brothers. The society is attempting recreate the "Great Harvest Hot Pot" an age old tradition dating back to the dawn of the nation where the population of Echain numbered in the hundreds and it was truly possible for an entire country to share one single meal. Since it is impossible for anyone to cook for over 4 million people in a pot massive enough to do so, the society instead proposes to gather 1 ingredient from each Region and recreate the same Hot Pot 9 times in each Capital. Each Region is encouraged to add more ingredients to their own Hot Pot so that it would be enough for everyone to get a serving. The Society is super optimistic and expects that this would catch on to about 100 people a Region.

View user profile

43 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:Throughout the week a group calling themselves the Echaini Historical Society begin promoting the Harvest Moon Festival in every region. Their message is one of peace and friendship between all Echaini even if siblings decide to go their separate ways, they need not leave on bad terms and can still stay brothers. The society is attempting recreate the "Great Harvest Hot Pot" an age old tradition dating back to the dawn of the nation where the population of Echain numbered in the hundreds and it was truly possible for an entire country to share one single meal. Since it is impossible for anyone to cook for over 4 million people in a pot massive enough to do so, the society instead proposes to gather 1 ingredient from each Region and recreate the same Hot Pot 9 times in each Capital. Each Region is encouraged to add more ingredients to their own Hot Pot so that it would be enough for everyone to get a serving. The Society is super optimistic and expects that this would catch on to about 100 people a Region.

Governor Alexander sends a note applying to join this society agreeing with it's goal, it also states that the Governor would like to meet it's core leadership and perhaps pose for a few photos. Southport will also provide potatoes to the hot pot proclaiming you can do anything with them like boil em, mash em and stick em in a stew.

View user profile

44 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:19 pm

After a few days you meet with the "leadership" of the society which happens to be the entire membership consisting of 20ish college students of various ages. Everyone is excited to meet you and goes to meet you directly... except for one woman about your age who seems a little hostile to you. You realize the woman is one of your sisters, a Japanese-Echaini who goes by the name Zelda. The atmosphere immediately got akward and tense as she says, "Long time not see oh mighty Royal Brother, I see now that you are apparently too busy pulling publicity stunts to talk to the rest of your brothers and sisters."

OOC: meet my backup character in case I never return from my trip ^_×

View user profile

45 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:23 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:After a few days you meet with the "leadership" of the society which happens to be the entire membership consisting of 20ish college students of various ages. Everyone is excited to meet you and goes to meet you directly... except for one woman about your age who seems a little hostile to you. You realize the woman is one of your sisters, a Japanese-Echaini who goes by the name Zelda. The atmosphere immediately got akward and tense as she says, "Long time not see oh mighty Royal Brother, I see now that you are apparently too busy pulling publicity stunts to talk to the rest of your brothers and sisters."

OOC: meet my backup character in case I never return from my trip ^_×

"Well hello Zelda it has indeed been a long time.....don't call me royal please I was not given a choice about which station I was born in. I would have come seen you but I have work you know being the Governor of an entire region. Perhaps we should take this somewhere a little more private?."

OOC: As in PM's Razz . Are you planning on not returning from this trip so you can play this character or is this character there just in case?.

View user profile

46 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:29 pm

"Too busy playing politics to talk to me in front of the guys?" She crosses her arms in that annoying tomboyish manner that indicates that she is challenging you.

View user profile

47 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:31 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:"Too busy playing politics to talk to me in front of the guys?" She crosses her arms in that annoying tomboyish manner that indicates that she is challenging you.

Alexander turns serious

"Really?, you want to argue in front of the respected leaders of the Historical Society?"

Alexander smiles at the College students before sighing.

"Please can we talk to each other in private I don't want to argue....I am sick of arguing with you".

View user profile

48 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:39 pm

The "leaders" of the historical society begin giggling nervously and started shuffling toward the other side of the room.

"Leaders? These guys? They're good people but they can't organize their way across town let alone nationally." She points her thumb at the people too busy admiring the floor and walls. "Sorry but you are looking at the primary organizer and President of the Echaini Historical Society. I'm not gonna go unless you give me a good reason why we can't talk in public like normal siblings?"

OOC: Let's just say that depending on the circumstances, Gollvieg might be taking a tour of Siberia and like it so much he's staying for the rest of his life. Wink

Last edited by Governor Gollvieg on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

49 Re: Region of Southport on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:42 pm

"Because I would rather catch up in private so we can have an in-depth discussion about how things are, plus there is free food in the next room"

Alexander waits to see if the students get the message.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum