Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 1:22 pm by Luslanz

» Turn 1-1068
Yesterday at 7:07 pm by FreelanceZero

» Turn 2-1068
Yesterday at 12:52 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

Region of Eastport

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Region of Eastport on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:34 am

Herein be the thread for public actions on behalf of Governors of Eastport.

2 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:01 pm

My first action as Governor is to get a report of Eastports economic situation, are we still exporting to Australia? How long has this trade been going on? And can we possibly seek to create more shipyards? I'm thinking about expanding down south towards the hunting grounds area to secure it for Eastport. Can we do that?  

My next action will to find any and all military experts to form a militia for Eastport. Motivational posters will be placed on every street corner "We want you! Join the Eastport militia today!"

Lastly I will send out savaging parties to savage from the destroyed Echaini Navy, and the destroyed shipyards. We need everything we can get our hands on. I will put the Kumano Maru in charge of savaging.

View user profile

3 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:45 pm

Currently no major trade with Australia on a National/Regional level is happening.

Creating shipyards will require workers and supplies, but is doable and recommended by your Assembly Advisors.

Securing the hunting grounds is feasible, and requires personnel.

The local militia has many people sign up, but almost none of them are disciplined, armed, or trained. Lots of eager bodies though.

Salvaging will take some time but, overall, will provide enough to either improve your Trade Docks to 2, make a Shipyard, or 1 Trade Fleet.

4 Re: Region of Eastport on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:03 pm

I will send some scouts down south to check out the hunting areas, just to scout things out, not to take. I need to make sure we're not stealing territory.

I request that the militia begins training immediately. High ranking officials only carry guns, for now. We're harding up the militia first, nothing soul crushing, but the equivalent of a high school level football team. We'll push them hard, but we'll also motivate them as well. They must be prepared to defend Eastport and perhaps Echain itself from foreign invaders.

I wish to create a Shipyard. The shipyard will be close to the hunting grounds, but not so close that it violates any borders (All depends on my scouts' report).

View user profile

5 Re: Region of Eastport on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Turn 1
Militia training has begun, slowly increasing discipline if causing morale to dip a bit. This will probably turn around with further training, especially focusing on team-building.

A crude shipyard has been constructed. While lacking most of the major resources necessary to construct large ships, it can make smaller cargo vessels and, in a pinch, little gunboats if necessary. The shipyard also is bringing a lot of jobs to the area.

6 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 am

Telegram arrives at the governors office containing an address and a message
Enclosed is the address of Thomas Conklin, a representative of Carlisle Companies. Has a possible deal for you, Your call to accept.
(OOC): Go look at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs thread for full details, but I put the decision in your hands.

View user profile

7 Re: Region of Eastport on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:39 pm

Training shall continue as is; hopefully morale will stabilize after further training.

As apart of our agreement, we will use our cargo ships to hunt the whales near our port, but since they're closer to Lurem, Lurem will get a bigger chunk of the bounty. The profits of whaling will be split 60% to Lurem and 40% to Eastport, but in return Eastport will be given a jointly funded ship yard at the A area of the map, where the profits will go 80% to Eastport, and 20% to Lurem; said amount can be changed after 20 years (OOC: But for the sake of this game, and our sanity, said amount of time will be dictated by the Lorerunner). The equipment will be supplied to us by Lurem. Since Eastport is a fishing port, then our fishermen shouldn't have too much trouble, especially if they're armed, but just in case, I'm issuing in safety regulations to insure the safety of my people.

View user profile

8 Re: Region of Eastport on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:34 pm

I need an update on the scouts I send down south, if the area is unclaimed by anyone, we shall claim the game and the area for Easport. I also wish a full report on how our economy is doing right now, and if we can spare some of our funds on schools.

View user profile

9 Re: Region of Eastport on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:20 pm

As of right now the area seems to be in your jurisdiction, though locals hunt in the area it's not to a large extent. As for the economy, the budget will finish going through tonight and the stats sheet will be updated.

10 Re: Region of Eastport on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:00 pm

Turn 2
The shipyards are furnished and expanded, hurting the coffers a bit but adding to industry and trade. Further, Whaling has begun in earnest, as well as sharing in the bounties thereof with Lurem to the north.
New safety regulations have resulted in a large increase in rifle ownership amongst regular populace.
The Governor is personally approached by several tall Australian men asking if the Region is interested in doing more long term business with some extra-national mercenaries.

11 Re: Region of Eastport on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:42 pm

1) We inquire whether our shipyard can produce boat designs for river trade. There are to be these designs:
  • Large - capable of sailing Asheviere until the Join (where the streams join to form Asheviere proper), Tejo do Sul up to Glasford, Taiga and Punkva
  • Medium - capable of sailing Clearspruit to Spreece, Mudbrook to Mudtown, Sorraia, Tejo do Sul and Ribatejo
  • Small - capable of sailing through all proper rivers (with exception of the small ones)

2) The gentleman-mercenary from Australia is to be directed to the Council of Governors or Delegate for Defense to discuss the matter

3) I will move to a reform of regional bureaucracy. It is to be based on Weberian civil service, but it will include sensible benchmarks - for example frontline bureaucrats (like DMV) are evaluated based on the median waiting time; this is then compared to applicant-per-bureaucrat ratio, and the worst and the best departments are to be further evaluated and studied (why they produce such values), after which solutions can be systemic or individual (incompetency -> further educate the bureaucrat, move the bureaucrat to more suitable post or fire him)

4) I would like trade statistics for the past year up to now (ideally: trading partners and quantities, what is being traded where - roughly)

5) Gauge people's wishes and grievances in the zones (Clearspruit, Muds, The Cons and Galleon Bay)

View user profile

12 Re: Region of Eastport on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:07 am

And If I'm asking for too much detail, just ignore it then (but please tell me you did so) Smile

View user profile

13 Re: Region of Eastport on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:29 am

1) We inquire whether our shipyard can produce boat designs for river trade. There are to be these designs:

Large - capable of sailing Asheviere until the Join (where the streams join to form Asheviere proper), Tejo do Sul up to Glasford, Taiga and Punkva
Medium - capable of sailing Clearspruit to Spreece, Mudbrook to Mudtown, Sorraia, Tejo do Sul and Ribatejo
Small - capable of sailing through all proper rivers (with exception of the small ones)
Stuff like this makes me wish you'd gone with the Civ V option, heh. But! We'll say the, crude, shipyards that are already constructed can handle up to Medium ships right now.

2) The gentleman-mercenary from Australia is to be directed to the Council of Governors or Delegate for Defense to discuss the matter
This will hit full tilt next Turn. For now, it is worthy of note, without the assistance of the mercenaries Southport would not have been fully capable of defending itself. They are quite popular locally as a result.

3) I will move to a reform of regional bureaucracy. It is to be based on Weberian civil service, but it will include sensible benchmarks - for example frontline bureaucrats (like DMV) are evaluated based on the median waiting time; this is then compared to applicant-per-bureaucrat ratio, and the worst and the best departments are to be further evaluated and studied (why they produce such values), after which solutions can be systemic or individual (incompetency -> further educate the bureaucrat, move the bureaucrat to more suitable post or fire him)
The Bureaucrats begin to take control of the Galactic Republic--I mean Southport.

4) I would like trade statistics for the past year up to now (ideally: trading partners and quantities, what is being traded where - roughly)
International trade has only just started getting going again, with primary partners being New Guinea, New Zealand, and some miscellaneous other island states. As per the gentleman's agreement with Eastport, trade has not been conducted with Australia.

5) Gauge people's wishes and grievances in the zones (Clearspruit, Muds, The Cons and Galleon Bay)
The two largest grievances at the moment across the entire Region is concern with tariffs and their usage, and the fact that mercenaries had to volunteer to aid in defense from an attack.

14 Re: Region of Eastport on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:56 am

Umm... I'm sorry but I'm Eastport, not Southport Very Happy

View user profile

15 Re: Region of Eastport on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:51 am

*sigh* I suppose that's what I get for trying to GM first thing when I wake up. That does change the answers so...

Large - capable of sailing Asheviere until the Join (where the streams join to form Asheviere proper), Tejo do Sul up to Glasford, Taiga and Punkva
Medium - capable of sailing Clearspruit to Spreece, Mudbrook to Mudtown, Sorraia, Tejo do Sul and Ribatejo
Small - capable of sailing through all proper rivers (with exception of the small ones)
The shipyards are capable of producing Large ships as you define.

This will hit full tilt next Turn. For now, it is worthy of note, without the assistance of the mercenaries Eastport would not have been fully capable of defending itself. They are quite popular locally as a result. (no real change here)

The Bureaucrats begin to take control of the Galactic Republic--I mean Eastport. This is pretty unpopular amongst some politicians and leaders.

International trade is universally with Australia.

No grievances at the moment.

16 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:05 am

((OOC: Am I still the governor of Eastport? I've been kind of busy, and I was waiting for all the little details of the game to be set in stone before I make my next move.))

View user profile

17 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:19 am

Volunteers Needed For Spring Festival!

Beginning April 8th and going on until the 15th, a Great Spring Festival will be thrown in Aberisk City. This marks the first time in 9 years that the Spring Harvest Festival will be celebrated in Echain. The Echaini Harvest Festival coincides with the Takayama Spring Festival so it has been decided that both Major Festivals will be merged into one Great Spring Festival.

The Centerpoint of the Festival is a week long competition to  build a wagon float displaying the Culture and History of the Town/City. The entries will be judged based on beauty, complexity, awe factor and spirit. The Festival will include food, games, dances of both old Echain and Japan and will serve as a cultural exchange festival showcasing Echaini Culture to the new Japanese residents and vis versa.

Your Region have been have been invited to join in on the Festival by building a float that represents the Culture and History of your Region please send a group of Volunteers in order to build, operate and pull a wagon float. The only restrictions is that the float must be hand pulled, built to the dimension provided in order to fit on Aberisk city streets, do not use engines, and can be lit up by paper lanterns for the Night Parade on the Last day of the Festival. Everyone is welcome to participate and attend the Festival.

View user profile

18 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:01 am

TheUltimateParadoxs wrote:((OOC: Am I still the governor of Eastport? I've been kind of busy, and I was waiting for all the little details of the game to be set in stone before I make my next move.))

Are you updated on the responsibilities of being a Governor? It's pretty much the same as a Senator now

View user profile

19 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:36 am

TheUltimateParadoxs wrote:((OOC: Am I still the governor of Eastport? I've been kind of busy, and I was waiting for all the little details of the game to be set in stone before I make my next move.))
The thread's first post has been updated, along with an updated Youtube: http://speedrun4fun.forumotion.com/t1463-the-gameplay-reference-post

20 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:01 am

If you want the post and will be online, we'll switch.

View user profile

21 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:09 pm

((OCC: Okay. I can't be on the forum everyday, since my schedule has been strenuous for me as of late. And I'm not really into this new type of game. So, I'm out. I'll still drop by to see how the game is going. And if another position opens up in the governance then I'll throw my hat back in.))

View user profile

22 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:17 pm

TheUltimateParadoxs wrote:((OCC: Okay. I can't be on the forum everyday, since my schedule has been strenuous for me as of late. And I'm not really into this new type of game. So, I'm out. I'll still drop by to see how the game is going. And if another position opens up in the governance then I'll throw my hat back in.))

You can become the mayor of one of the Zones. It will involve doing the same things you did before or do you want to take over as Ranger One? The slot is open and we still need someone to act as FEMA in this world of ours

View user profile

23 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:26 pm

OOC I knew it! Rangers were always trying to herd us into concentration camps!!!! (consider yourselves lucky if you don't get this joke)

View user profile

24 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:34 pm

OOC: Sad Way to ruin the surprise Felix

View user profile

25 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:
TheUltimateParadoxs wrote:((OCC: Okay. I can't be on the forum everyday, since my schedule has been strenuous for me as of late. And I'm not really into this new type of game. So, I'm out. I'll still drop by to see how the game is going. And if another position opens up in the governance then I'll throw my hat back in.))

You can become the mayor of one of the Zones. It will involve doing the same things you did before or do you want to take over as Ranger One? The slot is open and we still need someone to act as FEMA in this world of ours

((OOC: I'll take over as Ranger One. Twisted Evil ))

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum