» Battle of Scales
Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Eye of the Storm
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:36 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:55 pm by SilverDragonRed

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

» Is The Federation in Star Trek Fascist?
Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:59 pm by NMdum1

» House Creation
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:10 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Region of Eastport

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Sweet, I am at work right now so in 5 hours I will show you the ropes and give you the keys. Do you want to be your current character or do you want to be someone new?

View user profile

27 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:46 pm

((OCC: I'll continue using this character. I'll say that he stepped down from his position over stress, or because he thought that he wasn't doing a good enough job as governor. Sounds good!))

View user profile

28 Re: Region of Eastport on Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:03 am

Back to the business of Governor Smile

I wish to contact leaders of the refugees to ask how we might help them and make them feel welcome in Echain. I will also specifically seek those with experience in sailing and especially ship-building (both civil and military).

View user profile

29 Re: Region of Eastport on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Eastport Bulletin for March

First issue of the monthly Bulletin was published on 30 March, 1946.
This publication serves to inform the people of Eastport about the happenings in their Region, and is distributed free of charge at Government offices, and sold for a modest sum at newspaper kiosks across Eastport's towns and cities.

View user profile

30 Re: Region of Eastport on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:37 pm

Turn 4
The doors are flung open to the Initiative of Japanese refugees in the hopes of encouraging them to work in the Eastport Region. Unfortunately or otherwise, at the moment distance has prevented a mass ingress, however it's likely that if this open door policy continues this will change.

Waltens fulfills on their deal and sends 2 million Espadas to Eastport.

The massive shipyards are fully under construction, with huge amounts of man hours and money being spent on establishing, expanding, and upgrading to more modern tech. Right now producing small, medium, and large fishing and trading vessels is feasible, but the shipyards is not quite ready for mass cargo barges or military-grade warships or transports. This upgrade process is ongoing and will be going for at least 2 more months. The Design Bureau is working hard on plans, setups, and ship designs.

Several high-skill refugees are poached from the Rangers to Eastport to help work in the Region at the behest of the government. They seem more than happy to, though there's a few complaints about the food.

The local bureaucracy is a complete mess, and work on reformation is ongoing and will be for an undetermined period of time.

The EILC is established and begins operations.

The Darpon situation has hit Eastport pretty hard. While Eastport did have its own militia forces present, the Darpon mercenaries are the ones who actually won the battles, and there is some understandable loss of faith in the government and the militia as a result. Several militia have actually abandoned their duties, and there have been several petitions to the Governor to deal with the situation one way or another.

31 Re: Region of Eastport on Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:55 am

Eastport Bulletin - April

Second issue of the monthly Bulletin was published on 30 April, 1946.
This publication serves to inform the people of Eastport about the happenings in their Region, and is distributed free of charge at Government offices, and sold for a modest sum at newspaper kiosks across Eastport's towns and cities.
Due to surprising demand, funding of the Bulletin is increased from 0,7 ESP to 1 ESP

OOC: Sorry for being late and rushed. Now, I have to get to school, or I'll be late for that as well Smile
And please check out SIP, even those not in the Compact. It's important, and the best part is, poorer Regions don't have to pay for it right now.

View user profile

32 Re: Region of Eastport on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:46 pm

You said that Waltens put .5 ESP into the SIP, but it was Lurem. Sad Very Happy

View user profile

33 Re: Region of Eastport on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:00 pm

That was EILC and sorry, fix soon.

View user profile

34 Re: Region of Eastport on Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:06 pm

Turn 5
Trade shipyards continue construction and expansion, but is not yet complete. The Bureaucracy reforms are still ongoing as well, with additional funding to help ensure complete and proper shift in functionality. Will still probably take several more months, however.

The temporary militia has been converted into the EPC. At the moment this had had no negative consequences, though some petitioners express concern at having armed police patrolling the streets.

35 Re: Region of Eastport on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:40 am

Eastport Opinion Poll - May

Eastport will spend 0,2 ESP on procuring a proper, scientific opinion poll.

Each question has a statement, which the interviewee awards 1-5 points; lowest (Don't agree) to highest (Completely agree).
The output will be the average score on the question.

Statements:

1. Darpon is a beneficial organisation
  2. I feel safer protected by Darpon
  3. Governor Clary has my support
  4. We must help poorer Regions get on their feet
  5. We must build up our own defense forces
  6. I am impartial to Japanese residents of Echain
  7. There are good Japanese
  8. Japanese cannot be proper Echaini
  9. Japanese should be segregated
  10. We should banish all the Japanese
  11. I wouldn't mind living next to a Japanese
  12. I have Japanese friends
  13. I hate the Japanese
  14. I want to hurt the Japanese
  15. I support the Compact
  16. Changes in civil service are beneficial

OOC: I know, it took me longer. School, and the fact I was without PC for a couple days is the culprit. I hope I'll get an answer soon, but I'd understand if it took longer. If only some questions can be evaluated soon, preference is given to those pertaining to the Japanese.
I hope the fact I actually threw money at it provides me with better or faster data. If it does nothing, then I ask for the expense not to be accounted for.

Last edited by Felix Clary zu Osegg on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Questions 6 through 14 struck out since hate crisis ended)

View user profile

36 Re: Region of Eastport on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:04 am

Eastport Bulletin - May
The opinion poll above is rolled up into the one in the bulletin.

View user profile

37 Re: Region of Eastport on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:10 pm

OOC: Hey Karbin, you got your months wrong. It's no big deal and I just wanted you to know

View user profile

38 Re: Region of Eastport on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:08 am

Turn 6

Darpon is a beneficial organization: 5
I feel safer protected by Darpon: 5
Governor Clary has my support: 3
We must help poorer Regions get on their feet: 1
We must build up our own defense forces: 3

Work on the trade shipyards has finished this Turn finally and they are now fully ready for operations.

Work on polishing the internal bureaucracy continues apace. Those involved really feel like they're starting to get somewhere.
The Education Ordinance project is ongoing and shall be so long as it continues to receive funding. This will no doubt draw many educators to Eastport, particularly from Lurem, where they're underfunded.
Money is dumped into supporting the police, the researchers, and the arts of the Region.
The significantly reformed bureaucracy is able to update the Governor on all ongoing projects right now, which are as follows:
The Trade Shipyards are completed and funded.
The local Militia Police are functional and funded.
The Bureaucracy Reforms shall take roughly one more month.
The Ordinance for Education is ongoing.

39 Re: Region of Eastport on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Throughout the week a group calling themselves the Echaini Historical Society begin promoting the Harvest Moon Festival in every region. Their message is one of peace and friendship between all Echaini even if siblings decide to go their separate ways, they need not leave on bad terms and can still stay brothers. The society is attempting recreate the "Great Harvest Hot Pot" an age old tradition dating back to the dawn of the nation where the population of Echain numbered in the hundreds and it was truly possible for an entire country to share one single meal. Since it is impossible for anyone to cook for over 4 million people in a pot massive enough to do so, the society instead proposes to gather 1 ingredient from each Region and recreate the same Hot Pot 9 times in each Capital. Each Region is encouraged to add more ingredients to their own Hot Pot so that it would be enough for everyone to get a serving. The Society is super optimistic and expects that this would catch on to about 100 people a Region.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum