» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Region of Lurem

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:35 am

Herein be the thread for public actions on behalf of Governors of Lurem.

2 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Via Telegram:

Governor Tanaka. Request list of Lurem’s needs. Send to Senate ASAP. Regards. -B

View user profile

3 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Actions taken by Governor Goro Tanaka:

He wholeheartedly endorses and recognizes the legitimacy of the Constitution, and makes a call for unity for the sake of securing the prosperity of Lurem. He wishes to thank the efforts and work made by all volunteers to keep Luremites fed and in the reconstruction of vital utilities.

He offers a one-off armistice for any actions committed during, and immediately following, the revolution which would now be considered criminal, on condition that the law is expressly followed forthwith and any remaining LA-PVA members who have not yet disbanded to formerly cease activity.

He pledges to establish a committee to investigate the activities of the PA-PGL, and a relief fund to compensate those who may have been collaterally damaged by their actions.

He begins to formerly divides up Lurem into districts to aid with the planned implementation of emergency services, and to aid in administration and coordination efforts.

He dispatches a team to report on the current state of Lurem food supplies and drinkable water levels.

He invites the former District Commanders of the LA-PVA to Lurem to discuss them using their knowledge of their local areas to assist in safely transporting provisions around Lurem.

Last edited by TomRP on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

4 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Senator Bing Crosby (NPP) wrote:Via Telegram:

Governor Tanaka. Request list of Lurem’s needs. Send to Senate ASAP. Regards. -B

To Senate. Send food. Water. Fuel. - T

View user profile

5 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:18 pm

The armistice is offered, but not everyone takes the deal. Many PA-PGL members are still active.

The investigative committee is quickly established, consisting primarily of many ex-PA-PGL members who took the armistice. They are dutifully investigating their former comrades.

The effort to district Lurem will take some time, and will inevitably upset some people as no matter how the lines are drawn some will consider it unfair. This will also run into issues with Eastport and Aberisk as the Regional border lines are still a matter of dispute and opinion.

Current food and water supplies are surprisingly good. Well water has become commonplace, and the people subsist off fairly cheap and easy food to grow and farm.

The District Commanders are quick to become politically connected to Tanaka, as per the previous investigation note. They pledge their service to him and to his master.

6 Re: Region of Lurem on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:32 pm

Actions taken by Governor Goro Tanaka:

In the meeting with the former District Commanders, each have been assigned as Sheriff of their native town and city, and are granted powers to draw other members from their region to organize into formal town and city watches, prioritizing recruiting the more trained members of the LA-PVA. Their duties include patrolling their areas and maintaining the peace, guarding food stockpiles and reporting suspicious activity.

A system of rationing is being implemented after the report confirming relatively healthy stores of food and water, supplies are currently being gathered and centralized at the major population areas and guarded by city and town watches. They are being dispensed by the workers and volunteers of the already existing Lurem soup kitchens.

A network of runners is currently in the process of being set up, so information may be distributed more quickly. Bicycles, and any motor vehicles still operational are being sought, which their owners may swap for extra ration stamps.  

In an attempt to bind the all the disparate groups of individuals together and to promote civic engagement, a formal announcement is made to inform the people of the lack of response from the Senate, it must therefore be presumed that the Senate is unwilling to assist the people of Lurem in the simple request of food and water, and once again the region has been overlooked - all available manpower is therefore required to organize into collective groups to be assigned duties, so that we may help ourselves. A reassurance is also added that current water and food stores are healthy, and will remain healthy along as the ration system is followed.

Due to the lack of any financial sector, and a need to reduce bartering, Tanaka formally announces that Lurem will continue to trade in Japanese Yen, and wishes to assure citizens that Lurem will resist swapping to the proposed Echaini Espada unless a reasonable rate of currency conversion is offered.

At all major cities and towns, able bodies are currently being offered employment into a public labor scheme, which will soon be dispatched across Lurem to assist in the repairing of buildings, communication lines, and clearing roads and preparing land for farming and cattle. The work is pre-entry closed shop, so would require all members join a national union within one month of signing up. The scheme promises to pay a stable and livable wage, as well as an extra allocation of food stamps.

View user profile

7 Re: Region of Lurem on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:55 pm

Naturally the overall opinion of the new Senate dips slightly. Consequently, a large number of people join the Mafia--er, I mean the Union in order to get jobs.

Lurem actually has a very small amount of physical Yen to use right now, so will need to deal with that in some way or another.

People are not particularly happy about the rationing.

The District Commanders quickly report in to the Governor that they are having success recruiting the former LA-PVA members, who are swearing personal loyalty to them in exchange for regular pay and higher ration amounts than regular populace.

8 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:11 pm

What is my aim?: To increase region morale + pack the military with Luremites.

How am I trying to achieve it?: I make an announcement - "After being nominated to replace Governor Tanaka by popular acclimation, I am pleased to announce that the honorable Minister of Defense has pledged to begin preparations to permanently place the leading Echain military academy within Lurem. Naturally, commonsense ruled the day, he agreed with me that placing our core ground forces in the middle of the Aberisk jungle of which contains no road network, as originally planned, would leave our nation extremely hampered if the need for mass mobilization was required. This will also greatly increase the security of our region, as well as providing employment for many businesses of whom the force will rely on to operate effectively".
I send out a team to source an adequate location for a military base in southern Lurem, on non-arable land.

What?: Increase Industry + build an animal farm.

How?: I begin to parcel land unsuitable for crop growing, but sustainable enough to support livestock, to understand how much farmable land we have. Those who wish to sell their land directly to the government will be paid in Yen and dispensed extra ration tokens.

View user profile

9 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Turn 1
A somewhat crude military base, mostly constructed of a palisade around several tents and wooden buildings, has been formed in a convenient position away from arable land. Large numbers of Luremites are signing up daily with the Ministry of Defense to join the proper military. Similarly, the ranks of the local militia have gone up as well.

The Yen has become so widespread as to become commonplace, which has caused some inter-regional trade friction but so far is a small issue.

While truly farmable land is few and far between in Lurem, there are large swaths of it well suited towards ranches. As a result, these ranches have been fairly quickly established and are quickly becoming popular sources of pig, cow, and horses for food, milk, and trade (since right now proper roads are few and far between, horse-drawn carts are quite popular for trade caravans).

10 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:03 am

Telegram arrives at the governors office containing an address and a message
Enclosed is the address of Thomas Conklin, a representative of Carlisle Companies. Has a possible deal for you, Your call to accept.
(OOC): Go look at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs thread for full details, but I put the decision in your hands.

View user profile

11 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:35 am

Once the care packages have reached Lurem, you MUST switch to the Espada. Any use of currency other than the Espada is deemed unconstitutional and if any person is caught doing so, they will be judged by the constitutional court and given a punishment. The regions police must enforce this or the federal government can take actions into their own hands. This is just a friendly warning as it seems that your lack of care in using the Yen has caused it to become extremely widespread in your region. This will only cause unrest in the future if not dealt with now. Good evening, sir.

View user profile

12 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:26 am

Mr. President, he can still use yen, but he is obligated to accept Espada as well.

View user profile

13 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:59 am

Mr President, it was my quick thinking and also the skills of my governmental staff, that our adoption of the Yen, despite all connotations, was what has saved Lurem from so far slipping further into national debt. And now I am to be berated and threatened for good governance?

Lurem will adopt the Espada, as I have always stated and will reiterate here, but naturally one cannot simply turn from one currency to another overnight. I'm sure the national government is aware of this. I don't see the process taking any longer than 10 years.

View user profile

14 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:03 am

While accepting yen is not a crime, not accepting Espada is, and a Constitutional one at that.

This means if the Government of Lurem won't accept payment in Espada but once, or if it will in any way obstruct the use of Espada, which includes promotion of yen, it will commit an act of Sedition and Rebellion and can then be held accountable.

There is no "10 years". Espada is available now and most be used preferentially now.
Any problems with changing from yen to Espada fall on the heads of those who decided to promote yen.

View user profile

15 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:11 am

Sorry to interrupt, but is the phrase 'in any way obstruct the use of Espada' or one of similar intent ever used in the constitution?

View user profile

16 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:17 am

Slipping into what national debt? We have not yet provided you any money.
If using the Yen was such good governance, why was every single other region able to survive without any major problems?
10 YEARS? Are you out of your mind? Espadas will soon be provided to every regions and you will be given the job to distribute it among the populace. There is no waiting 10 years. Espadas are the national form of currency, not the Yen.

View user profile

17 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:17 am

"The official currency of Echain shall be called Espada, and it will have the status of legal tender."

This clause is read by the legal experts of the Bank thus:

• "The official" means it must be used for budgeting in all levels of Government
  • "Legal tender" means it must always be accepted as a form of payment for goods and services.

If anyone makes or tries to make any of these harder, he is obstructing the Constitution.
If the Government proclaims its preference for a currency other than Espada, it is the belief of the Bank, the effect is obstructive. It lessens public trust in Espada.

It's akin to the Government saying "Don't go to the elections".

View user profile

18 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:18 am

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but is the phrase 'in any way obstruct the use of Espada' or one of similar intent ever used in the constitution?

The Espada is stated as the official form of currency. Not the Yen, not the dollar, not the euro. Obstructing it's use or promoting the use of another currency would be against the constitution.

View user profile

19 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:20 am

Thank you, you can continue.

View user profile

20 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:43 am

Gentlemen, gentlemen, let me clarify on my earlier point. I believe it will not take longer than 10 years for the Yen to completely disappear from Lurem, not that I will prevent the Espada from being traded in Lurem for 10 years. That is simply preposterous. You see the President has guaranteed that the Yen will be fairly converted to the Espada, so naturally the people have been conducting transactions freely because of this knowledge.

Outlawing any transactions in Yen from X date is nonconstructive. There needs to be a transitional period, where both currencies are accepted.

View user profile

21 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:46 am

oc euro was not invented yet

View user profile

22 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:53 am

The Bank did not say yen should be outlawed. We said, that from the day Espada was formally and practically established, no public budgt can be in any other currency.

Governments may buy other currencies and sell them, but they cannot pay for services and other goods with them.

View user profile

23 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:25 am

Forgive me honorable Director of the National Bank, I was referring to the President's own contradictory and inflammatory comments, namely "Any use of currency other than the Espada is deemed unconstitutional and if any person is caught doing so, they will be judged by the constitutional court and given a punishment".

View user profile

24 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:56 am

How is my statement contradictory? The use of any currency other than the Espada is essentially promoting that currency and not the Espada. Therefore, that action is deemed unconstitutional and that person will be brought forth to the constitutional court.

I don't know what you don't understand? I understand you, WhiskeyWhiskers and karbin are all trying to undermine the central governments abilities, but it is not that simple.

OOC: Karbin is blasting us for not using the 100M Espadas even though he only gave it to us at the end of the month and I'm kinda salty. Sad

View user profile

25 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 pm

OOC: I had internet connection issues last week, but the *** that happened afterwards, I believe, justifies my IC dissatisfaction.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum