Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Region of Lurem

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:10 pm

I believe the...misunderstanding may have arisen from you declaring 'any person' found using Yen to be in breach of the constitution. As I interpret it, I believe only the government is bound by the constitution to not promote the use of other currencies (provided it is not being minted in Echain.)

Last edited by Governor WhiskeyWhiskers on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:15 pm; edited 3 times in total

View user profile

27 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:12 pm

OOC: The bill would have passed last month(last turn) if everyone said something or at least said yay or nay, but only 2 or 3 of the senators said anything. What can we do about that? My IC would be salty too, but what can we do? Sad

View user profile

28 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:14 pm

Governor WhiskeyWhiskers wrote:I believe the...misunderstanding may have arisen from you declaring 'any person' found using Yen. Only the government is bound by the constitution to not promote the use of other currencies.

Technically, any person that does use a currency other than the Espada(essentially promoting that currency) violates the constitution...
The government isn't the only thing bound to constitution, but every citizen in Echain is.

View user profile

29 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Mr. President, may I inquire as to what leads you to the belief that merely using a currency other than the ESP is unconstitutional?

View user profile

30 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:17 pm

President Grifenknight wrote:Technically, any person that does use a currency other than the Espada(essentially promoting that currency) violates the constitution...

I would like to know what in the constitution leads you to believe this?

View user profile

31 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:39 pm

May the Chair please ask this interesting but ultimately lengthy discussion be moved to another Thread? This entire thread's purpose is for the Actions and Reactions of Lurem. This discussion is neither.

32 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:48 pm

The use of another currency, for example the Yen, is unconstitutional because...
By using the Yen, you are promoting the use of it. When you use the Yen to buy material or pay bills, the receiver is most likely to use it as well because 1) it would seem like it's okay to use it and 2) they would not want to go through the process of an exchange when they could just use the Yen immediately. Therefore, by using the Yen and essentially promoting it's use BY using it, you are disallowing the promotion of the ESP and putting it down.

As you stated earlier, any efforts in putting down the ESP, includes the promotion of the Yen, and since the ESP is the official currency as stated in the constitution, any efforts in weakening it should be deemed unconstitutional.

View user profile

33 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:48 pm

OOC: oh sorry...

View user profile

34 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:12 am

What: Conform to my constitutional obligations.

How: Lurem is split into districts so there is a single representative in the Regional Assembly for every 15,000 citizens. Preparations for regional elections of members of the assembly will commence, including the drawing up of electoral registers.  

What: Increase morale + increase militia size.

How: National rationing quotas have doubled for citizens. Rationing is suspended for members of the militia.

What: Increase industry + attempt to provide stable source of building materials for further housing and schooling construction projects.

How: A team is dispatched to begin mining preparation operations at the area with marble and stone deposits. The national labor scheme is mobilised to provide the mining manpower. Rationing is suspended for all members of the national labor project.

What: Fulfill an obligation + increase trade.

How: Attempts are made to clear the road of debris form Ely to Roehester in preparation for Whale trading operations with Eastport. Ely will be designated as the primary trade post between Eastport and Lurem.

What: Increase a unit of militia quality.

How: The makeshift military base established last week will be ear-marked as the headquarters of the Lurem Transitional Police Force (OOC: Ignore the semantics of the name - this is not another acronym from Lurem to be memorized). A selection of the most experienced soldiers who are currently spread across other Lurem militias units are drawn together into this unit. Weapons in highly serviceable condition are prioritized to this unit, attempts are made to begin discipline operations in the form of drill exercises and basic rank and command structures.

View user profile

35 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:05 am

OOC: Districts for Regions have to be between 9.500 and 10.500, if you don't change the voting method by an Ordinance, then it's limited by at most 15.000:1 ratio of voters:representatives.

View user profile

36 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Turn 2
The rationing and expansion hurt the budget, but the local Commanders have begun growing in power and influence. So far each of them swears to the Governor as their vassal lord, though one of them is conspicuously absent.
Valuable deposits of stone and marble have been successfully scouted but are found to be in areas owned by local Echaini and they do not seem inclined to budge at the moment.
Eastport has begun extensive Whaling operations already and so trade is already up, even though the roads aren't fully clear yet.
The disciplining and training of the elite militia regiment has begun. Several of the older militia corps refused to send troops to join this group, but enough do to form a single regiment.

37 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:32 pm

I would like to send out "delegates" to complete two simple tasks. They will be split into two groups, each with their own task.

1) The first group will go to all of the "vassals" in Lurem and will be told these statements that come from the new governor:
- TomRP is no longer governor so they no longer have any influence in the regional government.
- They are told to stand down and to give all the land granted to them back to the regional government.
-They are, also, told that they are being stripped of the local powers that TomRP gave to them, but the governor is willing to negotiate new positions and powers for them.
-All militia forces that they have gathered will be converted into the local police and will be under the jurisdiction of the mayors and governor.
-They are told that if they do not comply, the regional government of Lurem has the backing of the national government as well as the police of neighboring region. We are willing to use force in order to usurp their powers and position.
-If they wish to negotiate, they can reserve a meeting with the governor in order to establish terms.

2) The second group will spread out among the population of Lurem and visit soup kitchens, taverns, bars and other gathering areas. They will be told to look for information pertaining these terms:
-How do the people of Lurem feel like right now?
-How do they feel about the current system?
-How do they feel about their current situations?
-What do they want done?
-What resources do they require?
-What hardships do they face?
-How do they feel about the refugee crisis?
-And similar questions to those above.

These men are told to be incognito and to not tell civilians that they are men from the government while discussing about these questions.

View user profile

38 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:57 pm

A single gentleman wishes to negotiate with the new Governor, and in short wants to know what kind of offer is on the table for the Vassal Commanders.

39 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:02 pm

Its negotiable, but similar to these roles:
-Sheriff
-Administrator
-Mayor(OOC: only if this roles is required for the regions and NPC's can play it)
-Delegate in regional legislature
-Subsidies for possible businesses they establish
-Commanders among the police
-Trainers for police
and etc.

Its pretty open and up to what they offer.

View user profile

40 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:06 pm

I would like to also send out surveyors to do these actions:
1) Find the number of able bodied men.
2)Conditions of the capital city and countryside after the battle.
3)A report on infrastructure in the region.
4)How bad unemployment is?
5)How trade is going?

View user profile

41 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Will the esteemed Governor be attempting to bribe these people in any way?

42 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:25 pm

I would like to hear what they say first, if they have anything to say.

View user profile

43 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Let's presume that the young Governor is observant enough to tell that, without being offered more, they will not be capitulating.

44 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:30 pm

May I ask them what they desire? As I have stated before, I am willing to negotiate and that means I am willing to negotiate anything...

View user profile

45 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:58 am

The good Governor gets the impression that, like all vassal lords, they seek some purpose to remain loyal to someone above them. The previous Governor was primarily doing this through food, but this was not working particularly well. Perhaps more concessions or more autonomy, or money? These ideas all go through the Governor's head.

46 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:26 am

The census returns after a couple of weeks.

1) Find the number of able bodied men.
Tons.
2)Conditions of the capital city and countryside after the battle.
The capital city is fine, it wasn't hit. The countryside is fine too, no slash and burn tactics here.
3)A report on infrastructure in the region.
Very, very poor. They have some ranches and some farmland and that's about it.
4)How bad unemployment is?
Unemployment is technically not a problem but only thanks to the Vassal Commanders who employ people for their armies.
5)How trade is going?
There's a regular amount of trade between Eastport and Lurem right now, mostly related to whaling resources in exchange for livestock resources.
-How do the people of Lurem feel like right now?
The people are positively inclined towards the Vassal Commanders, the national military, and the Darbon mercenaries for defending them and maintaining order.
-How do they feel about the current system?
...don't understand this question.
-How do they feel about their current situations?
There is a general hunger for more prosperity, regardless.
-What do they want done?
More luxury items, not just what's required to survive.
-What resources do they require?
Nothing is required right now but raw materials and industry are pretty low.
-What hardships do they face?
Lots of work for little reward.
-How do they feel about the refugee crisis?
Kill every single Japanese person.

47 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:24 am

How reliant are the people on the vassals?

View user profile

48 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:52 am

The Vassal Commanders are like any vassals. Loyal when they think it serves their purposes.

49 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:48 am

This is my last question before I deal with them....
How many of them are there?

View user profile

50 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:47 pm

There are 6 Vassal Commanders and their respective fiefdoms.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum