Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Region of Lurem

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:23 pm

I would like to send them all a messenger. They are to take a small amount of gold as a gift to the vassals. They are told that things will stay as the way they were before, but with a few minor changes. Their food payments will increase and a small Espada payment will be added every month alongside the food.

My only terms are that:
1) Once they are dead or unable to rule, their land will go under the control of the regional government.
2) They must order their second-in-command to allow the transition of ownership from vassal to government. If they fail to abide, the other vassals must assist in the attnept to stop the retaliation.
3)Dealing with any person or organization outside of Lurem is deemed unacceptable and they will be stripped of their powers.

View user profile

52 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:20 pm

This is meant to make them trust me and make myself appear as accepting and generous. I require a majority to accept these terms for my plans to work. My plans, concerning the vassals, are to make them accept these terms and, slowly, whittle down their numbers over the next few months. The specifics on the assassinations have not been thought out yet, but the idea is that as the vassals get assassinated, the strength of the regional government will increase. These assassinations are supposed to look like accidents and should be low-risk attempts.

By the time the vassals realize what is truly going on, 3 to 4 should be dead. With the strength of the Lurem "police" that are acquired from the vassals and the aid of nearby regions, overpowering the remaining vassals should be easy if they attempt to retaliate.

View user profile

53 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:59 pm

You'll end up with a full blown revolt the minute the first commander is found dead. Asking them to give up their land on their deaths is far too obvious a claw-back for the government. Offer instead the commanders that they get to carve up one another's land on their deaths. They'll trip over themselves killing each other.

View user profile

54 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:07 pm

OOC: You should invite them all to your residence for a party. Unbeknownst to them, you contaminated the food with a particularly deadly South Asian Parasite that will bore a hole into their abdominal cavity and nest there. After 4 months of ulcers and bloating, the spawn will eat their way out of the Vassels, killing them. Too bad the Vassels did not focus on that clean water project you proposed. Twisted Evil

View user profile

55 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:10 pm

To WW:
Your idea is horrible.  By making the death look accidental, there is little reason to be scared until multiple commanders die.  By that time, it's too late...

Asking for their land makes sense since most of these commanders only care about themselves and dont  care what happens when they die.  Hopefully by granting them the autonomy and resources they desire, they should accept these terms and not become too suspicious.

To Gollvieg:
That was actually my first idea. To gather them up in a party and kill them. The only problem with that is what about their second in commands? Who will stop them when they attempt to fill the power void? My gradual process should be able to deal with that issue. Hopefully...

View user profile

56 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Well I hope the dice roll well for you then, a botched job here and we'll need to send in the army.

View user profile

57 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:16 pm

At least mine has a dice role, your idea would mean definite war... you really think these guys will peacefully carve up land?

View user profile

58 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Offering a divided enemy that we can crush far more easily. Your action will unite them against us.

View user profile

59 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Could be possible make the commanders turn on each other. Than when they are weakened move in and destroy them

View user profile

60 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Or maybe, and here comes the crazy idea, we could work with them and integrate them into proper legal structures (offer them either Mayor-Administrator status if they disband their private armies, or induction into the military with their private armies and a degree of power, money and autonomy), thus neutralising the problem while also strengthening the nation with their resources (like, I don't know, pretty large personal armies?).

At least placate them until the foreign invasion is solved, because we really can't afford to be dealing with MysteryInvaders and second most populous region in Echain rebelling.

View user profile

61 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Can you all get out please?  If you have anything to say, pm me.

By making the commanders fight, that would mean a definite civil war and would destroy everything in Lurem.  The little we have will be desecrated, the populace massacred and the faith in the government will disappear.  I have already thought of all of this.  It isn't worth losing tens of thousands of lives when there is a better process ready.

Felix,
I have already done that and they are not willing to budge. If I don't grant then autonomy, they will fight. I have already offered them positions and they aren't interested...

View user profile

62 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:34 pm

Then compromise. You, and the Government as a whole, is going to get much stronger relative to these "vassals" later on, but right now, we simply cannot afford to fight them.

View user profile

63 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:36 pm

I can postpone my actions... As long as they accept my terms, we should be fine.

View user profile

64 Re: Region of Lurem on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:37 pm

My advice was only made in the context of you wanting to be rid of them. I would second Governor Clary's advice. I will leave.

View user profile

65 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:20 am

Volunteers Needed For Spring Festival!

Beginning April 8th and going on until the 15th, a Great Spring Festival will be thrown in Aberisk City. This marks the first time in 9 years that the Spring Harvest Festival will be celebrated in Echain. The Echaini Harvest Festival coincides with the Takayama Spring Festival so it has been decided that both Major Festivals will be merged into one Great Spring Festival.

The Centerpoint of the Festival is a week long competition to  build a wagon float displaying the Culture and History of the Town/City. The entries will be judged based on beauty, complexity, awe factor and spirit. The Festival will include food, games, dances of both old Echain and Japan and will serve as a cultural exchange festival showcasing Echaini Culture to the new Japanese residents and vis versa.

Your Region have been have been invited to join in on the Festival by building a float that represents the Culture and History of your Region please send a group of Volunteers in order to build, operate and pull a wagon float. The only restrictions is that the float must be hand pulled, built to the dimension provided in order to fit on Aberisk city streets, do not use engines, and can be lit up by paper lanterns for the Night Parade on the Last day of the Festival. Everyone is welcome to participate and attend the Festival.

View user profile

66 Re: Region of Lurem on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:10 am

I'm sorry, but due to Japanese participation, I believe it would be best to...not send my people. We will celebrate in our own region.

View user profile

67 Re: Region of Lurem on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Concerning the vassals:
I would like to send them all a messenger. They are to take a small amount of gold as a gift to the vassals. They are told that things will stay as the way they were before, but with a few minor changes. Their food payments will increase and a small Espada payment will be added every month alongside the food(about 5,000 Espadas to each).

My only terms are that:
1) Once they are dead or unable to rule, their land will go under the control of the regional government.
2) They must order their second-in-command to allow the transition of ownership from vassal to government. If they fail to abide, the other vassals must assist in the attempt to stop the retaliation.
3)Dealing with any person or organization outside of Lurem is deemed unacceptable and they will be stripped of their powers.

This is meant to make them trust me and make myself appear as accepting and generous. I require a majority to accept these terms for my plans to work. My plans, concerning the vassals, are to make them accept these terms and, slowly, whittle down their numbers over the next few months(around 8-12 months). The specifics on the assassinations have not been thought out yet, but the idea is that as the vassals get assassinated, the strength of the regional government will increase. These assassinations are supposed to look like accidents and should be low-risk attempts.

By the time the vassals realize what is truly going on, 3 to 4 should be dead. With the strength of the Lurem "police" that are acquired from the vassals and the aid of nearby regions, overpowering the remaining vassals should be easy if they attempt to retaliate.

Concerning regional administration:
Copy Felix in Eastport...(bureaucracy)

Concerning regional Militia:
Recruitment for regional militias will continue at full force in order to keep the vassals in their place.  These men/women will be paid weekly and will, also, be given a discount (10-15%) for goods throughout the regions.  This will act similarly to a veterans discount, but enforced by the regional government.

They will be put through basic training.  This will include conditioning, survival skills, weapons training, hand-to-hand combat, and naval skills(training for using a ship).  This training will occur 5 times a week and they will be given Sunday and Thursday off.  This will allow them to recover and spend some time with their family and friends.  War veterans and individuals skilled in these areas will be hired in order to train the militia.

Concerning Industry:
Subsidies will be given to all current industry as well as newly formed companies.  This is to help support them.

An office will be established concerning industry(Department of Industry).  Following the same system as the regional administration, they will support current and new industry.  Individuals or groups of individuals will be given the opportunity to reserve a meeting with the office.  They will present their ideas and plans concerning the establishment of their new companies.  Depending on how good the idea/plan is, these individuals will be given funds in order to allow the establishment of their company.  The subsidy will, also, apply to them.  This is to help grow industry, while rooting out the bad apples, and allows people to get real jobs(and not work in a vassals army).

The current priority is manufacturing due to the low number of resources in Lurem.

Concerning Internal Trade:
All previous trade deals made by TomRP will continue.  This includes the whaling deal between Eastport and Lurem, the fishing deal concerning the fertile sea between Eastport and Lurem, and the Fishleep island deal between Aberisk and Lurem.(I hope you are aware of all of these Lore)

As of right now, there will be no tariffs for inter-regional trade.

Concerning International Trade:
A 2% import tariff will be placed on foreign companies exporting their goods to Lurem.  This is to be enforced by the militia and regional administration.  No foreign company will be allowed into Lurem in order to establish their own industry.  All of this will support the practically non-existent industry in Lurem. Very Happy

Concerning Resources:
A office will be established to regulate the hunting in the forests south of Lurem in order to allow a stable number of animals to survive there.

The regional government will subsidize crabbing operations south of Trafrask.

The government will immediately establish and start mining operations on the stone and marble in Lurem.  Over the month, the mines should be opened to private businesses and the government will only remain in order to regulate worker conditions.

Ranching and Farming will be subsidized by the government in order to decrease the reliance on Plainsdale.  10% of all food products produced will be bought by the government in order to establish a reserve, in case of emergency, and to distribute among the poor throughout the region.  This will start next month. The food bought this month will be used as stated below.

Concerning Infrastructure:
The regional government will employ and subsidize road-work companies in order to repair infrastructure throughout the region.  Specifically, a company will be hired to survey and build a road between Adecide and Aberisk.  This is in order to efficiently transport marble to help build the University of Echain.  Also, the regional government will start to employ companies in order to complete The Canal in Whaley all the way through Lurem and into the Fertile Sea.  This is to help divert trade from Eastport to Lurem.(I'm guessing Karbin will have to update the map if this happens)

Concerning Morale:
Festivals will be organized throughout Lurem City and all cities above 25,000 inhabitants.  The food bought this month(as stated above) will be freely given out during the festivals.  The festivals will portray Echaini culture as well as some of our original Portuguese roots.  Storytellers and musicians will be hired to perform during the events.  This should give a boost to morale as well as culture.

Concerning Culture:
I can't really do anything...

Concerning the Yen:
Citizens will be offered a normal exchange rate between the Yen and Espada(1 yen = 17 ESP... or that's what google tells me since the ESP is based on the current USD, i think).  The citizens will have all of this month to exchange the currency.  If any individual is found using the Yen after the month ends, they will be fined and will spend a month in prison.  The ration books in the New Echaini Act will be put in effect.

Concerning Tax:
A 2% sales tax will be placed on goods sold in the region and administered by the region.

Sidenotes:
Concerning all industry and businesses in Lurem… All of them must be based in Lurem and/or owned by a Luremite.

Despite all the subsidizing and work, a reserve of 100,000 Espadas will be established for this month.

No one will be sent to the Spring Festival unless they decide to go themselves.  The populace will be informed that there will be Japanese there.   If any Luremites go and conduct any acts of violence against the Japanese, they will be exiles from the region.  They will be told that this is happening due to the rising tensions between the populace and in order to stop any actions against us by the Japanese.

These will be the work regulations established:
-A minimum wage of $1.50 an hour
-10 work days
-6 day work weeks with Sunday off
-The obvious work conditions standards

Last edited by Governor Grifenknight on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

68 Re: Region of Lurem on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:53 pm

The things I forgot:

Concerning Education:
Public primary, secondary, and upper schools will be established throughout the region based on population density.  All children under the age of 12 are required to participate in school.  Meanwhile, children above the age of 12 have the option of going to school or working in order to support their families.  The curriculum will be based on the previous bill I proposed in the previous government.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eGb0Zyxt7f2wmlRZafO5CPwJEYxo_WdS70ukibJlxMM/edit?usp=sharing

All schools throughout the region will be run and administered by the regional government.  Meanwhile, surveyors will be hired to find an area to establish a university campus(The university of Lurem) and personal will be sent out to scour the nation in order to hire educators for these schools.  Due to the lack of schools, these intelligent individuals and educators will be offered incentives(Gold and espadas) in order to reserve their spot in the Luremite educational system.

Concerning naval vessels and ports:
Ports throughout the regions will be out-fitted in the newest ship building gear and facilities.  50% will be government run and 50% will be left to the private sector.  The government owned facilities will start production of police ships.  Initial designs will be based off of national government boats.  The current focus should only be Gunboats and submarines.  Men/Women will also be hired in order to construct and man these vessels.

Concerning Weapons:
A single weapons factory will be established by the government in Lurem and will produce FG-42's.  We have the ability to construct these due to the fact that we got them from the Battle of Central.

A summary of whats happening...

-A heavy focus on industry and the reconstruction of infrastructure(This includes power lines, water pipes, sewage facilities and roads).
-Heavy focus on establishing schools throughout the region.
-A search for educators commences as well as an area to establish a university campus.
-Protectionist focus.
-Starting construction of a road between Aberisk and Adecide.
-Starting construction of the extension of The Canal in Whaley.  The Canal is to go through Lurem into the Fertile Sea.
-Everyone is to exchange the Yen in for the Espada.  They are given a normal exchange rate.(I googled it...)
-Festivals are established for moral throughout the region.
-The things I said about resources above.
-2% tariff is established until the nation decides on one as a whole.
-Inter regional trade is free and all on-going trade deals will continue.
-A sales tax of 2% will be established.
-Recruitment for militia will continue and they are put through basic training.
-Ship-building facilities will be established throughout the regional and will start construction on gunboats and submarines.
-A single weapons factory will be constructed in Lurem in order to arm the militia.  This will produce FG-42's.
-Last, but not least, my plan about the vassals. Very Happy

Obviously, the details are up above. Very Happy

View user profile

69 Re: Region of Lurem on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:10 pm

This is how funds will be divided:
-100,000 will go to reserves.
-250,000 will go into building the weapons factory.
-250,000 will go into establishing these ship-building facilities.
-200,000 will go into building the gunboats and submarines.
-300,000 will go into the militia(pay and maintenance), their training and their trainers.
-1 million will go into the exploitation of resources.  5% to hunting, 15% to crabbing, 25% to stone mining, 25% to marble mining, 15% to ranching and 15% to farming.
-1 million will go into buying food and setting up/running the festivals.  50% each.
-2.1 million will go into the exchange(will this be enough? Lurem is pretty poor.).
-300,000 into the road between Aberisk and Adecide.  50% will go into the logging operations and 50% will go into road building.
-800,000 will go into the extension of The Canal and lowering the sea level surrounding the mouth of the canal.
-300,000 will go into infrastructure(power lines, water pipes, sewage facilities and roads).
-2 million will go into industry subsidies.
-1.2 Million will be put into education.  5% into the surveyors, 25% into hiring and reserving educators for the schools and university, 10% to start establishing the university and 60% into establishing schools throughout the nation.

Total: 9.8 Million Espadas.

Last edited by Governor Grifenknight on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:55 am; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

70 Re: Region of Lurem on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:12 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:This is how funds will be divided:
-100,000 will go to reserves.
-250,000 will go into building the weapons factory.
-250,000 will go into establishing these ship-building facilities.
-100,000 will go into building the gunboats and submarines.
-300,000 will go into the militia(pay and maintenance), their training and their trainers.
-1 million will go into the exploitation of resources.  5% to hunting, 15% to crabbing, 25% to stone mining, 25% to marble mining, 15% to ranching and 15% to farming.
-1 million will go into buying food and setting up/running the festivals.  50% each.
-2 million will go into the exchange(will this be enough? Lurem is pretty poor.).
-300,000 into the road between Aberisk and Adecide.  50% will go into the logging operations and 50% will go into road building.
-500,000 will go into the extension of The Canal.
-300,000 will go into infrastructure(power lines, water pipes, sewage facilities and roads).
-1.1 million will go into industry subsidies.
-800,000 will be put into education.  5% into the surveyors, 25% into hiring and reserving educators for the schools and university, 10% to start establishing the university and 60% into establishing schools throughout the nation.

Total: 8 Million Espadas.

I thought we agreed to get rid of militia, unless you meant police?.

View user profile

71 Re: Region of Lurem on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:15 pm

No. Full on militia to counteract the vassals TomRP established. I need them.(Lore, This isnt meta-gaming. TomRP told me to keep the militia up in order to discourage the vassals from fighting.) Im sure the council should have no problem with this until I deal with the vassal situation. I already have a plan going on. Very Happy

View user profile

72 Re: Region of Lurem on Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:17 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:No.  Full on militia to counteract the vassals TomRP established.  I need them.(Lore, This isnt meta-gaming.  TomRP told me to keep the militia up in order to discourage the vassals from fighting.)  Im sure the council should have no problem with this until I deal with the vassal situation.  I already have a plan going on. Very Happy

OOC: Oh my then, go ahead.

The Governor crosses Lurem off the list of surviving regions.

View user profile

73 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Turn 4
First thing, the GM faints at seeing the massive Turn actions.

Industry expansion across the board is moving slowly thanks to money being spread out. The shipyards is finished by the end of the month, but is critically underfunded for actually producing ships and as such production halts.

The road to Aberisk is completed, and it is hoped this will literally and symbolically help the two Regions connect.

The exchange to the Espada goes surprisingly well, and Lurem is now firmly off the Yen. Many people request their Yen notes back after exchanging them... not to keep, but to burn. It quickly becomes a bit of a fad, and many large piles of Yen burn across Lurem.

Education is being pushed substantially across the Region, for good and for bad. Most children can be expected to be literate and functional, but there are worries of running out of low-skill workers, something Lurem currently relies on. Of course such worries are years in the future.

The Festivals being held help raise morale, and encourage Luremites to mingle and forget about the recent crises. No Japanese people are allowed to attend any given Festival by force of mob.

Taxes are not particularly popular at the moment, though there is some understanding of it, it's still a bit of a shock after several months of not having to deal with such things.

Thanks to connections with Central, military munitions production is effectively ready to go and can begin producing arms and munitions, though currently lacks the funding to do so, so the factories stand silent.

Construction on the great Canal has begun, and will, at best estimate, take several months to complete. Foreman's best guess right now is about 9.

The Darpon situation is a weird one in Lurem, with most people rejecting the Darpon group despite the aid they gave. Lurem was also the only Region the National Military directly aided the defense of, leading to a bit of populist support.

74 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:35 pm

What about the militia, marble/stone mining, the search for educators and the University of Lurem? Sad
I'm guessing the vassals will come in later.
Also, in the spread sheet, my morale has gone down even after the festivals. Is there something going on that I don't know about?

View user profile

75 Re: Region of Lurem on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:What about the militia, marble/stone mining, the search for educators and the University of Lurem? Sad
I'm guessing the vassals will come in later.
Also, in the spread sheet, my morale has gone down even after the festivals.  Is there something going on that I don't know about?
Militia improved Security. Mining improved Industry. I already talked about the education issues (though the University is not completed yet). The vassals are going to be in a PM (so impatient, I'm still doing Regions).

As for Morale, think about it.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum