» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Region of Aberisk

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Region of Aberisk on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:35 am

Herein be the thread for public actions on behalf of Governors of Aberisk.

2 Re: Region of Aberisk on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 pm

A commission has been appointed to investigate the damages to Aberisk's infrastructure caused by the occupation and assess the cost of repairing and rebuilding the city.

Local hunters have been requested to record their sightings of game in Aberisk's forests in order to establish a rough estimate of total wild game, this is in order to assess how viable the populations of each animals are and if any are under threat to set quota's to ensure the continued viability of said populations.

Planning to build a road towards Lurem, in order to more ably import stone and marble for both the construction of the new university and for rebuilding the city, is underway, construction will hopefully begin once negotiations with Goro Tanaka are complete concerning the boundaries between the provinces of Aberisk and Lurem.

Fishing and the harvesting of oysters proceeds, while Aberskii begin to increase crabbing activity as a result of our agreement with Northport (crabbing rights for venison).

Due to the unrest in Lurem, Aberisk has established a voluntary militia, led by those who participated in the guerilla resistance. Its orders will be to prevent the disorder from spreading into Aberisk and to offer a secure base for those wishing to pursue humanitarian activities in Lurem.

View user profile

3 Re: Region of Aberisk on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:49 pm

The commission returns the same general message everywhere; everything is basically smashed. They can't estimate financial cost since no finances exist still, but it will take quite some time just to rebuild the city of Aberisk itself, nevermind the ruined towns in the Region.

The hunter group will begin work immediately. Their initial findings are that the local game is actually flourishing right now, allowing for slightly higher than average hunting.

There are currently no supplies for proper asphalt road, but dirt or rock roads can be begun. These will take some time, of course.

Larger numbers of workers are being encouraged to fish and gather oysters.

The volunteer Aberisk Militia has a large number of volunteers, but almost no real arms or discipline. Most of them have roamed east towards the ill-defined border to watch for any Lurem troublemakers.

4 Re: Region of Aberisk on Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:23 pm

In light of the current senate bill, the issue of a road to Lurem is no longer my direct concern. As a result of this reconstruction of Aberisk and the towns in the province is now paramount.

Each individual town is to form a council responsible for managing local reconstruction, once funds are allocated to Aberisk the towns will receive a portion of this in order to purchase necessary material.

The militia will be organised by Marco Vargas with those who have any experience retained in the militia, alongside promising recruits.

Meanwhile the rest will return to Aberisk where they will be organised into bands of labourers whose first priority is clearing the streets and removing rubble to make way for new development. Those entertainers who remain in Aberisk will be employed alongside the labourers to keep up motivation, in a similar vein these work crews will be given free meals from our surplus food.

View user profile

5 Re: Region of Aberisk on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 pm

Governor Jaina,

I do not believe that we have formally been introduced. My name is Axecack and I run a manufacturing business up in Northport. We are vertically integrated so we are also in the business of harvesting and processing resources. Notably, we focus on the rich sources of metals and other materials that would assist construction. My company is also in possession of over sea shipping capabilities and may supply you over the narrow channel that separates us.

I have taken quite an interest in the reconstruction of Aberisk, my homeland, and wish to work together with you and the wonderful locals. If you ever need any construction materials for the rebuilding of Aberisk, we offer great rates and fast delivery. In addition, I am friends with quite a few locals which specialize in construction. If you wish, you may mention me in your search for construction crews and I'm sure they'd offer you a deal.

Warm regards,
Axecack

View user profile

6 Re: Region of Aberisk on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:04 pm

People of Aberisk, our first priority in reconstruction is to re-establish stable food sources and our sea connections with our neighbours. As such construction of a camp in the forests near Bencata to allow widespread, organised hunting to begin, I also urge independent hunters to accurately record your activities so the provincial administration can continue to monitor the sustainability of this vital food source. Improvement of the docks at Casal will also begin in order to provide a safe haven to fishermen and traders who ply the onceland sea.

And to Axecack, I thank you for your kind words of support. With the approval of bill 001C Aberisk will soon be actively seeking materials for reconstruction and our government will be sure to look to companies such as yours to supply us.

OOC: Actions taken here are assuming that Arch converted two of my militia into 10 construction, and that no penalty to moving labourers has been established. As such 10 construction will be applied to each, I'm also assuming these basic things only require 10 construction to build.

View user profile

7 Re: Region of Aberisk on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:26 pm

OOC: In light of our changes to stats, my previous statement would roughly translate to a focus on industry and trade. Also, my vassals only command was to organise the militia; when he's done that there is nothing else I was planning on having him do.

View user profile

8 Re: Region of Aberisk on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Turn 1
The Militia have been organized into proper rank and file, and team-building exercises have been begun, allowing for increased discipline and coordination.

Funds and effort have been pushed towards both game hunting and expanding the northern docks. More ships are starting to arrive at Aberisk ports, it being one of the three only real options in the nation, especially since the fresh game now caught is catching a pretty price for anyone wanting good venison or hides.

9 Re: Region of Aberisk on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:03 am

Telegram arrives at the governors office containing an address and a message
Enclosed is the address of Thomas Conklin, a representative of Carlisle Companies. Has a possible deal for you, Your call to accept.
(OOC): Go look at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs thread for full details, but I put the decision in your hands.

View user profile

10 Re: Region of Aberisk on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Mr Redmane,

Aberisk has no interest in allowing unknown companies access to our natural wealth.

---------

In other news due to the influx of Japanese refugees, I am calling on the citizens of Aberisk to join the militia (temporarily aiding the Echain Rangers) in order to ensure this influx of displaced peoples is as smooth and safe as humanly possible. For now, while refugees will be guaranteed access to shelter and other necessities it seems prudent to confine them near the port towns in order to enable the Rangers better access to the supplies they'll need and prevent a diaspora across the region which would make administering this crisis difficult.

View user profile

11 Re: Region of Aberisk on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 pm

As we continue to rebuild we must ensure that our knowledge is not lost to time, as such primary and secondary schooling must be expanded to ensure a basic level of education for all citizens.

As refugees continue to arrive, expanding our militia to help maintain order is also necessary. Thankfully there is no lack of volunteers, while fresh they will still be useful in managing the refugee situation.

OOC: Focus on schools = Science and culture, maybe some popularity as well?
Increase militia size

View user profile

12 Re: Region of Aberisk on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Rangers are giving Aberisk Science support in order to expand education in Region. Immigrant Education Center Establishing on Aberisk in order to help Refugees integrate into Aberisk. Assistance needed to build port on Island of Grain.

OOC: Rangers help Aberisk increase Education

View user profile

13 Re: Region of Aberisk on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:08 pm

Turn 2
The Militia is expanded, though this leads to some altercations, and outright violence, with the Rangers in the Region.  The Japanese refugees herein are relocated to the port areas, which quickly leads to the establishment of Japanese ghettos where crime is skyrocketing.  
Several independent educators have started fundraising and campaigning for private schools, putting their own time into procurement of resources and workers to build schools dedicated to Language, Literature, Art, History, Philosophy, and Criminology.  
Several Militia forces report problems with Luremites trying to pass the border with weapons.  These issues persist for several days before rather suddenly stopping.
The Ministry of Defense has begun construction of the Guard's Academy within Aberisk.

14 Re: Region of Aberisk on Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:02 pm

The new militia forces will be placed under the command of the more seasoned militiamen who have orders to improve discipline and curb this violence.

While the rangers are still working to prepare the Isle of Grain for settlement, the refugees will be more accurately assessed, after this they will be asked whether they would rather be integrated into the region or wait for resettlement with essentially a blank slate, though they would be quite removed from help should a crisis occur. Those that choose integration will be assisted in finding a job based on their previous occupation and the region will help to find accommodation and provide support during their transition. Those that don't will remain but will be given unskilled work; both to provide them with an income to supplement the supplies the rangers give out, and to contribute to the restoration of our infrastructure. Those that choose to remain in the ports will be free to look for work there. If they provide evidence of a new job, that represents a significant time investment and improvement in conditions, corroborated with the employer they will no longer be offered the unskilled work.
As for citizenship those that choose integration will, after a short period (OOC: three turns), be assessed for citizenship. Meanwhile those who prefer resettlement will not initially be granted citizenship but after the settlement has become viable, they will be granted it collectively.
The initiative of these educators is welcome, while a national scheme for education has failed to materialize their work is greatly appreciated. However, education must be rigorous and as such regulated. Moving forwards a commission will be appointed to ensure that academic standards are upheld in these institutions, and will have the authority to inspect and change the curriculum in order to create a basic standard of education in all areas, they will also mandate that students are aware of Echani culture but also of the culture of our neighbours, promoting tolerance of these different ideals.

OOC: This is for turn 3 if it happens; Improves militia (A->B), Improves science/culture, I guess infrastructure repair=Industry/trade? Whichever works best.
Also what level of schools are these? (i.e. secondary/tertiary) Also are they charging?

View user profile

15 Re: Region of Aberisk on Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:56 pm

As I take office I go over the reports on the current status of mainland Aberisk.

1)What is the current sources of Revenue for Aberisk

2)What are the needs of population (Food, Water, Electricity?)

3)I create the Aberisk Business Fund in order to promote new businesses. This fund is a 3 year no interest loan after which the business will begin paying 1% monthly interest until the loan is paid off. I give priority for food production and distribution businesses with the warning that the recent bill passed by the CoG have been created to manage the sale of traditional Echaini crops. Non-traditional crops though are not restricted.

4)I step up security around the Japanese Ghettos to prevent crime

5)I support the construction of local schools in Aberisk and with the help of the Ranger and educators establish a standard of education prioritizing Multi-fluency, Mathematics, Technology, Engineering and Science.

6)I open up an adult education center in order to increase the level of education among the adult population.

View user profile

16 Re: Region of Aberisk on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:25 am

I begin preparations for the festival to be thrown on the 8-15th of April. Streets are marked as festival routes, the people of Aberisk city are informed weeks in advance and Volunteers are called upon the citizenry to represent our Region and our city. Local businesses have been warned to expect a significant showing.

View user profile

17 Re: Region of Aberisk on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:As I take office I go over the reports on the current status of mainland Aberisk.

2)What are the needs of population  (Food, Water, Electricity?)

3)I create the Aberisk Business Fund in order to promote new businesses. This fund is a 3 year no interest loan after which the business will begin paying 1% monthly interest until the loan is paid off. I give priority for food production and distribution businesses with the warning that the recent bill passed by the CoG have been created to manage the sale of traditional Echaini crops. Non-traditional crops though are not restricted.

4)I step up security around the Japanese Ghettos to prevent crime

5)I support the construction of local schools in Aberisk and with the help of the Ranger and educators establish a standard of education prioritizing Multi-fluency, Mathematics, Technology, Engineering and Science.

6)I open up an adult education center in order to increase the level of education among the adult population.

I would like to add that I switch my Economy to Protectionalist and enact measures to promote and protect domestic businesses while at the same time prevent Foreign goods from flooding my markets and making it very difficult for Companies that are not based in Echain to establish a foothold.

View user profile

18 Re: Region of Aberisk on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:45 pm

Governor Gollvieg wrote:As I take office I go over the reports on the current status of mainland Aberisk.

The lumber industry is existent, as well as leather, meat, and other forest exports.

2)What are the needs of population  (Food, Water, Electricity?)
Clean plumbing, electricity, health.

19 Re: Region of Aberisk on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:21 am

Turn 3 Actions

I begin laying down the ground work for the Academy City Project, this involves an extensive redesign of all of Aberisk's infrastructure. For this turn Aberisk devotes 100% of it's Science toward optimizing the Entire Region including the Island of Grain (Name Change pending JainaProudmoore's decision), making the improvements much cheaper and more effective. This will serve as proof of concept for using Science as Logistic Support. The Following Actions will be taken in order of Importance.

1) Establish an Infrastructure; Sewers, Water Mains, Electrical Lines, Water Processing Plants, Sewage Treatment Plants, Flood Diversion Channels, Water Reclamation/Recycling Systems are planned and implemented in steps with Priority on providing clean water, electricity and a working waste management system. With extensive city planning focus on easy upgradability, repair and future expansion both upward and downward.

2) Conduct geological surveys in order to build geothermal power plants. While this is happening, Wind and Solar Generators are constructed in order to provide a Secondary/Backup Power Source. Private Construction of Wind/Solar Generators are incentivised with Tax breaks based upon how much energy is put back into the system.

3) Modern Hospitals are established in every city and and the novel concept of paramedics first established in the world by Waltens is analysed, broken down, improved and put into action by the Initiative. Plans are drafted for an Academy City Hospital that will serve to train new Doctors, research new medical breakthroughs and retrain existing Doctors in new techniques.

4) Emergency Underground Shelters are built in all Cities using the data from Nagasaki and Hiroshima Survivors the Shelters are designed to endure direct hits from 30 kiloton atomic bombs. A Nuclear Shelter Research group is established to research upgrades, expansions and improvements to the shelters in case nuclear technology advances and Nuclear weapons become more and more powerful in the future. An Emergency Evacuation Drill is established and residents are drilled until they can evacuate within 5 minutes.

5) I create the Aberisk Business Fund in order to promote new businesses. Using the Initiative, Strategic Loans are given to Low Risk: Culture, Food Production, Construction and Distribution Companies, and Medium Risk: High Tech Industries

6)I step up security in Aberisk by establishing a trained Police Force along with Fire Fighters and Department of Forestry

7) I support the construction of local schools in Aberisk and with the help of the Ranger and educators establish a standard of education prioritizing Multi-fluency, Mathematics, Technology, Engineering and Science.

8 ) I open up an adult education center in order to increase the level of education among the adult population, training them in critical trades.

9) Build a road connecting Aberisk to Lurem and Upgrade the Docks and Ferries to allow easy transit between Aberisk Mainland to Northport and to the Island of Grain

10) Shoulder the Lions share of the costs for the Great Harvest Festival

I spend all 8 Million ESP for these improvements and Set a tax of 0% and an import tarrif of 1% and export of 0%

View user profile

20 Re: Region of Aberisk on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:23 am

Umm... I understand that Aberisk is a bit more advanced than the other regions, but how are you able to build wind, solar and geothermal power? That's some pretty high-end stuff. Also, where would you get the medical sup plies and equipment for you modern hospitals?

View user profile

21 Re: Region of Aberisk on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:53 am

Governor Grifenknight wrote:Umm... I understand that Aberisk is a bit more advanced than the other regions, but how are you able to build wind, solar and geothermal power?  That's some pretty high-end stuff.  Also, where would you get the medical sup plies and equipment for you modern hospitals?

Wind, solar, and geothermal tech is actually cheaper, easier, and created earlier than coal plants. We had working wind and solar since 1860s

View user profile

22 Re: Region of Aberisk on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:56 am

Governor Gollvieg wrote:
Governor Grifenknight wrote:Umm... I understand that Aberisk is a bit more advanced than the other regions, but how are you able to build wind, solar and geothermal power?  That's some pretty high-end stuff.  Also, where would you get the medical sup plies and equipment for you modern hospitals?

Wind, solar, and geothermal tech is actually cheaper, easier, and created earlier than coal plants. We had working wind and solar since 1860s

Due to geography of Echain, wind is not an option. Geothermal yes, but mostly Voros and Northport (low-tech). Solar collectors are possible practically everywhere, on the other hand, they take up lots of space and aren't that efficient.

View user profile

23 Re: Region of Aberisk on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:56 am

But they were extremely ineffective(from what im aware) compared to coal which means you would have to dedicate a lot of resources to it.

View user profile

24 Re: Region of Aberisk on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Governor Grifenknight wrote:But they were extremely ineffective(from what im aware) compared to coal which means you would have to dedicate a lot of resources to it.

You mean according to fossil fuel company propaganda they are ineffective. They may not pack the individual power output to say a coal plant but that are so cheap that even a civilian can purchase one easier than a car. So it is possible for a single business to purchase, build, and maintain their own W/S generators and since the vast majority of people overgenerate power, the return on investment in tax cred and power savings actually means that you get paid back you investment and then some after 10 years

View user profile

25 Re: Region of Aberisk on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:08 pm

They're not capable of being an energy source in the 40s. It'll be another 7 years until a silicone solar cell is produced and they're able to power small electronic devices like satellites.

I think it's a brilliant line of inquiry for you to set for your universities however, and creating solar cells would be a niche Echaini industry could take advantage of.

You could make solar water heating a priority though. That's a technology that's available at this point.

Last edited by Governor WhiskeyWhiskers on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum