» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Region of Central

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Region of Central on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:35 am

Herein be the thread for public actions on behalf of Governors of Central.

2 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 am

My first act is to secure the food imports from other regions. By securing the streets outside leading into Central with the remainders of the royal guard.
Also starting the rebuilding process of the streets and buildings still damaged from the time of occupation.

View user profile

3 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Any food imports will require you to reach out to the other Governors to see if they're willing to ship food, and what you're willing to trade for it (if anything).

The Royal Guard are deployed around the cracked and broken streets around City Central itself (the city, not the Region) and quickly become a common sight. Do they have orders to be personable or professional?

Rebuilding streets will take considerable time and resources, and will probably need some resource / financing aid from the National level; thus something it might be worth bringing up to the Senate.

4 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:35 pm

The Guard has orders to act professional to show that after this time of crises order has returned to the city

View user profile

5 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:18 pm

I also sent an investigation to sources of cocoa and iron around Central to assess the feasibility of their use and the infrastructure at place and needed.

View user profile

6 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:42 pm

The investigation is ongoing, and will not be done immediately.

7 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:20 pm

Establishing a Cocoa Plantation 1 or an Iron Mine 1 are both within feasibility with the resources Central has access to right now. They will take an undetermined amount of Turns to complete (mostly because we're still nailing down the Turns system exactly)

8 Re: Region of Central on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:18 am

Yes than I want to start establishing said Plantation and Iron Mine. If only one is possible the Iron Mine has the priority. And elocate the 20 Construction to it.

View user profile

9 Re: Region of Central on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:45 am

Greeting Governor Lorinbas. With our nation finally starting to grow again, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has come with a proposal. Currently Echain lacks any and all diplomatic embassies or buildings for ambassadors, we would like to construct one such building within Central City, and would like your opinion on the matter.

View user profile

10 Re: Region of Central on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:35 am

I am in full support of said buildings being build in Central, as it is the capital of our nation. It is self-evident that Central is the prime spot.

View user profile

11 Re: Region of Central on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:40 pm

OOC: Summary:
My main focus lies on rebuilding and sustaining the capital as well as developing it further.
Infest in infrastructure and industry to secure workplaces for as many citizens as possible.
Renovate the Royal Palace and change it in to the "Palace of the Republic"( Seat of Senate, President, Ministers as well as the Council of Governors and the Governor of Central)
Try to establish a stable police force to secure Central City as well as the surrounding countryside. Till said police force is established the Republican Guards (former the Royal Guards) take this responsibility.

I will promote the use of the Espada as the one true currency of Echain.
Regarding the economy: I promote a social market economy, as I want that things like hospitals, schools, prisons...ect will be in the hands of the Provincial government and not in the hands of private investors.

View user profile

12 Re: Region of Central on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Governor Lorinbas,

If your offer is still open, I can proceed to ship construction crews over to Central at your earliest convenience.

View user profile

13 Re: Region of Central on Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:56 pm

My offer is still open, yet I heard that there are problems with our currency at the moment, so I hope it is possible to compensate you and your construction crews in due time, in the mean time me and my people give your crews board and lodgings as a small compensation.

View user profile

14 Re: Region of Central on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Ah, futures contracts are certainly acceptable in times such as these. I'm sure the crews won't mind as long as they have a roof over their heads. Very well. We shall send over our men. I'm sure some of them wouldn't miss a chance at rebuilding the capital.

View user profile

15 Re: Region of Central on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Turn 1
Construction of the Embassy in Central is complete, not too far off from the recently renovated Palace of the Republic. While not the fanciest structures around, they are built sturdily and with classical elegance.

Work has begun on forming a proper Police force, though as of now the Guard seem to be handling the situation quite fine. There have been some thoughts drifting up through the Assembly of Central that a Police force might not be necessary at all, provided the Guard received their intended funding.

Usage of the Espada is being pushed, hard, to some mixed success.

16 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 am

Telegram arrives at the governors office containing an address and a message
Enclosed is the address of Thomas Conklin, a representative of Carlisle Companies. Has a possible deal for you, Your call to accept.
(OOC): Go look at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs thread for full details, but I put the decision in your hands.

View user profile

17 Re: Region of Central on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:17 pm

OOC: Summary:
I focus mostly on 3 things this month:
1. Start with the rebuilding of the iron industry as well as found the CCAF (Central City Arms Factory) with the support of the Ministry of Defends, I also want to enlist Sir Axecacks efforts for this projects.  
2. Re-establish the old schooling system and build it up were necessary.
3. Establish voluntary lessons on Echain language, history and culture for citizens of non Echain heritage (primarily aimed at the large Japanese population within Central). Also on a smaller scale, I try to offer cultural exchange between the Japanese and Echain population in Central.

I have also 2 other things which I want to start with but they are of lesser importance:
4. Try to rebuild the Guards with selected volunteers and establish two separate departments of the Guards. One shall serve as the militia, the other as the final and real police force of Central.
5. I also want to start establishing a control station in Escadas Reais called " Infante Dom Henrique Station", from where the Guards shall keep an eye on the road to Plainsdale, to secure the road for safe travel and inform me of any inconsistancies and problems along the road.

(In other words I focus on Science, Industry as well Cultural exchange )

Last edited by Governor Lorinbas on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

18 Re: Region of Central on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:59 am

A group of Echain Rangers burst into Governor Lorinbas' Office. The their leader, a young man not older than 17 turns to Governor Lorinbas apologetically, "I'm sorry Governor for the intrusion but I have an EMERGENCY TELEGRAM from Ranger One The Ranger hands Lorinbas a Telegram, it reads:

"Warning: Extremists reported marching onto Central, MoD moved forces into the city to set trap. MoD WILL NOT EVACUATE Civilian Population before potential attack. Rangers moving to evacuate civilians from danger zones, those that can't escape in time are being sheltered in bomb shelters, cellars, catacombs and bunkers. Request deployment of the Royal Guard to prevent panic and looting. Rangers are using Hazard and Risk Assessment Training to spot Danger Zones in order to facilitate quick and safe evacuation."

The Ranger looks at Governor Lorinbas, "What will you do?"

View user profile

19 Re: Region of Central on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:11 am

The Governor reads through the document three times, put it calmly on the desk and stands up.
"Young man, I give you Rangers the responsibility regarding the civilians. Is this clear boy? You start with the evacuation where possible. I trust your "Ranger One" here.
Heinrich! The Guards should already be assembled by now. Deploy them over the City, install checkpoints on statistic locations, keep the order and do not engage the enemy unless fired upon!"

View user profile

20 Re: Region of Central on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Turn 2
The new statue of King Elthin and Bradley2000 leads to a wave of pro-Echaini in Central, with many populist groups rising up and pushing for an anti-Japanese agenda. Similarly, there is increased Monarchist support, with several small interest groups petitioning the Governor for the possibility of a switch to a monarchist system.
The battle just northeast of the city was devastating to the local terrain and people both. Morale has plummeted, especially after the sacking of Praia and Cidade do Rei Luis. There are also nearly nine thousand bodies rotting on the fields that will need to be dealt with in whatever manner the Governor deems fit.

21 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:44 am

@Lore: Was there any progress regarding my actions in Turn 2.
Regarding the Industry and Education? Because if not than the actions from Turn 2 and Turn 3 will be pretty much identical.

View user profile

22 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:00 am

OOC: Sorry, I actually had these flagged for later since Axecack's been AWOL.
Efforts have been put into working, processing, and distributing Iron throughout the Central region. This has boosted trade a bit as well since right now Northport produces far more Iron than it can handle. Sadly with Axecack Industries this is coming out of the Regional budget.
Work is put into re-establishing the basic school system, a return to child-to-adult education. It's fairly limited, with scarce resources handy, but many people have volunteered to assist at least in basic knowledge.
The attempts to encourage Japanese to learn Echaini reach mixed results. Some are eager to learn, but others seem to refuse, citing the increased usage of Japanese across the Nation, especially in Northport.
After the brutal and bloody battle, no one is in a particular hurry to volunteer for militia duty. Quite a few Japanese folk willingly sign up as police though.
A 'fort' is established to keep the road between Plainsdale and Central.

23 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:43 am

OOC: Sorry if I am reading the map wrong but how does Northport produce that much iron, I do not see any on the map?

View user profile

24 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:54 am

Northport's mountains are quite rich in veins of many different ores.

25 Re: Region of Central on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:56 am

OOC: A k. I just did not see it as a recourse on the map and was confused. Thanks

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum