Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Yesterday at 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Public] First Echaini Senate

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:49 pm

Mr. President,
you are mistaken. The Bank is not a service made by the Government, but one established by the Constitution, and therefore any military action against the Bank is also a direct military action against the Constitution.

The implementation of Bill 001C was not impeded by the Bank, which did not even have any responsibility towards the Government, but by a Minister of Finance and Transportation not doing his job, which is your problem.

Laws have no authority over the National Bank, since the Bank is established in the Constitution and Constitution stands above Law. The 'legality' you propose would be akin to a Regional Ordinance dictating foreign policy of the Nation.

And, to your previous comment that changing education provisions in the Constitution would not weaken the Bank, you misunderstood my point. You'd irreparably damage the Constitution's legality by changing it mere weeks after its adoption, meaning you'd betray the people who voted for it as it is now. This shift in legality of the Constitution would hence affect all institutions of State, including the Bank, as well as the very Government you are a part of, Mr. President.

View user profile

127 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:10 pm

As Adam stated, I believe it would be wise to leave such bickering for another time.

My bill is almost complete, but it requires a few finishing touches. Hopefully, it will be in all of your hands in the next few hours.

View user profile

128 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:37 pm

OOC: I like how noone knows who's responsibility what is, as well as the way the Bank works under the Constitution. Honestly, I should have next to none input on budgeting Very Happy

View user profile

129 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:49 pm

Here is my proposal for the budget:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s_Lwenw39cq2xBTcn9m973p4LQI0UKxmZ09Qvy5h_hI/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any comments or questions, please state them.

View user profile

130 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:56 pm

I think we should continue this discussion in a private room to expedite the process.
http://speedrun4fun.forumotion.com/t1487-private-first-echaini-senate-continued-senators-only#19114

View user profile

131 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 am

The Bank wishes to inform the National Government of a couple changes in its provisions for release of Espada through the National Government.

Since the Government has been incapable of making a budget in a whole month, meaning the 100 million Espada sent to it by the Bank lay unused, conditions for release of further 150 million are changing.

We now require the Government to do the following:

• pass the budget until the end of the month
  • spend at least 80 million in the first month of the provisionary budget

If these conditions aren't met, the Bank will distribute the money directly to the People. Since there is no proper infrastructure, i.e. national court system, the Bank will be forced to pay the Regional Governments for the distribution.

View user profile

132 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:15 am

As an addendum to these discussion I would make the President aware that the army in fact does not have any right to protect against domestic criminal behaviour, that is solely the constitutional right of the police.

View user profile

133 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:22 am

It seems Director Cry has chosen the perfect time to make unnecessary demands. The budget is about to be approved, and you will have your fun.
As to the spending 80 million Espadas in the first month, if you wish for us to continue to edit the bill to show this, I think that would keep the well deserved money out of the hands of the regions for even longer.
The bill will be sent to the Governors shortly and they can decide upon its fate.

While I'm sure we cannot stop Director Cry on Constitutional grounds from sending out the remainder of our Espada reserves, I would ask him that consulting with the President and Senators on that may be wise so we can agree upon the best course for the nation. An air of cooperation is required here.

View user profile

134 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:40 am

The Bank has been quite cooperative. It has sent 100 million to the National Government even though other options of dispersing currency could have been used, and it set a very generous conditions for further putting Espada to circulation through the Government.
The need to put at least 80 million Espada to circulation in two months since the inaugural Mint has been stated by the Bank numerous times, as well as argued for. The Government never questioned the need to jump-start circulation of Espada.

However, the Government spent a month without distributing a single Espada into circulation, and thus has only month to disperse 80 million amongst the people. If it doesn't, the Bank will pursue such course of action it deems most efficient in ensuring the circulation of Espada.

Lastly, the Bank would like to return to the question of cooperation.
We did our duty, yet the only person who even talked with us about the Budget was Foreman Crosby, and President Knight, albeit only after the Bank had to explain the duties and responsibilities concerning the budget.
The Minister of Finance and Transportation, however, instead of taking any steps towards cooperation, took trips to Plainsdale. Due to this neglect, the Bank will not even try to cooperate directly with the Minister in any way, as he has proven himself to be disinterested in monetary and economic policies, and wilfully ignorant of his work.

View user profile

135 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:48 am

I understand your concern Karbin, but these demands are unfair. Crosby passed a bill that was essentially a budget, but you forced us to make and propose a new one. You did not tell us of the 100M Espadas that we have until the end of the month last month and now, as our budget is about to pass, you are forcing us to destroy it and create a new one.

OOC: It's also not my fault that people have lives in the outside world and cannot reply to the budget or votes.

IC: That is why I would like to ask you to allow us to pass this budget.

View user profile

136 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:00 pm

I must say I grow tired of these excuses. If you actually read the section about the National Budget in the Constitution, mere four lines of text, you'd know the constitutional requirements a budget must meet. And while I can understand the particular Senators being ignorant of that, there is no excuse for the Minister of Finance and Transportation to be unaware of this.

Now you may pass any budget you like, but if the conditions necessary for starting circulation of Espada aren't met, meaning the Government by itself is unable to help the Bank fulfil its constitutional function, the Bank will be forced to look for alternatives.

OOC: I know that not everyone has that amount of time, and I do accept my share of the blame (I was without proper internet for most of last week), but after I published post detailing the inaugural mint, only Bing Crosby actually discussed the particulars with me, not bigbadwolfhub and not you, even though you both were active for some time afterwards.
And is it too demanding to ask that players have at least some understanding what their role under the Constitution is? What can be done by whom?

View user profile

137 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:07 pm

In any event, we shall see what the Governors have to say on the budget as their voices have been missing from this discussion.

Last edited by Adamemnon on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar nazi)

View user profile

138 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:08 pm

OOC: I understand your concern and I did not approach you since I already knew that Crosby was speaking with you, and I trust his abilities.
I, also, understand your comments about the constitution, but not everybody, even the people who read it, fully understand it like you, since you wrote it. That is only a minor issue with the fact that nobody is here to actually vote for the budget or bills we propose. I have gotten feedback or a vote from three people and one of them wasn't even a senator.

View user profile

139 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Adamemnon wrote:In any event, we shall see what the Governors have to say on the budget as their voices have been missing from this discussion.

WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THE VOICES OF THE SENATORS!!!

View user profile

140 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:48 pm

While the discussion on the budget seems to be stalled can we open discussion on the wave of Japanese immigrants?

View user profile

141 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:54 pm

OOC: I really think the constitutional misunderstandings really add to this game, honestly. So much intrigue!

View user profile

142 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Kirky wrote:While the discussion on the budget seems to be stalled can we open discussion on the wave of Japanese immigrants?

We could discuss, but it would be pointless without a few more senate members...

View user profile

143 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Governor Mega Erox wrote:OOC: I really think the constitutional misunderstandings really add to this game, honestly. So much intrigue!

OOC: It is very much like real life.

View user profile

144 Re: [Public] First Echaini Senate on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:11 am

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum